Deadpool Movie Set To Film Next Year

#1 Edited by The Lobster (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

Empire have released some excerpts from their interview with producer Lauren Shuler Donner, and perhaps most the most interesting piece of information to be revealed during their chat was that Donner who is, "mindful of Reynolds' ever-growing logjam of work, added that the film would shoot in the next year or so." A lot further along than any of us realized then! Here are some of the other highlights of that interview.  

She said this about the film's current status.

"We're looking for a director, yes. He's very involved, Ryan. He's working with the writers on the screenplay and it's as much as it is ours.

She had this to say about how faithful it'll be to the comics.  

I'm tellin' ya, it's true to the comic. You'll see all of them. You'll see Wade Wilson, the good looking Ryan Reynolds! You'll see Deadpool in his costume and you'll see his cancer-scarred face.

Also She managed to drop some info on new X-Men sequels in development and that Fox might let Deadpool pass with an R rating probably because it's not exactly part of the X-men universe and that Deadpool will be in his own little corner doing his own little thing. 

“We took the treatment to Fox and they love it… And X4 leads into X5.″ Regarding Deadpool,“It’s a total reboot… We’re either going to pretend that didn’t happen or mock it, which he could. It’s insane, it’s definitely comedy, but it’s an R script, it’s really irreverent and violent. Right away, we’re out of the X-Men world”.

So what do you guys think? Not really any new information except now we know when it's supposedly to start filming and that Ryan Reynold's is still attached.

(Source)
#2 Edited by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

thank god this is epic!!! i was worried there for while but this puts my mind at ease
#3 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17437 posts) - - Show Bio

And they said it wouldn't happen! This is the second happiest day of my life! ...... anybody eaten recently? hope not

#4 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio

Woooooot! High fives all around. Sounds like it won't disappoint. I'm super excited for this so much! I might cry...

#5 Posted by digimod (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately this is still a Fox/Marvel production.

#6 Posted by Saint_of_Guns (112 posts) - - Show Bio

An R rating will go a long long way toward making this a great adaptation. i really hope deadpool A) breaks the fourth wall  B) acknowledges the botched wolverine version and mocks it heartily  C) has a healthy appetite for cheap mexican food. if they pull that off, the film should all fall into place. I wonder if they're going to bring in Copycat or Agent-X. hmm, i sure hope so.

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want this movie not to be a failure. Unfortunately with Fox involved, failure is inevitable. 

#8 Posted by Haleatron (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read this, so pleased its still happening and they are disregarding that shambles of a Deadpool in wolverine; Origins.  

Still not massively high hopes for the film but this is a push in the right direction. 

#9 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio
@digimod said:
" Unfortunately this is still a Fox/Marvel production. "
Probability of the movie being crap - 50/50
#10 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio
@SirSparkington said:
" @digimod said:
Probability of the movie being crap - 50/50 "

Yeah i think like that too. 

#11 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mikepool said:
" And they said it wouldn't happen! This is the second happiest day of my life! ...... anybody eaten recently? hope not

"
I don't know what to think of this picture
#12 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh thank god, I got a job today and this! This might be one of my best days ever!

#13 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17437 posts) - - Show Bio
@Saint_of_Guns said:
" An R rating will go a long long way toward making this a great adaptation. i really hope deadpool A) breaks the fourth wall  B) acknowledges the botched wolverine version and mocks it heartily  C) has a healthy appetite for cheap mexican food. if they pull that off, the film should all fall into place. I wonder if they're going to bring in Copycat or Agent-X. hmm, i sure hope so. "
I saw something about the original script where Deadpool cuts out a copy of Hugh Jackman's face, staples it to his face and mocks him.
#14 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

You sir have made my day by posting this information up. Thank you! 

and thank god - this is wonderful news!
#15 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mikepool said:
"And they said it wouldn't happen! This is the second happiest day of my life! ...... anybody eaten recently? hope not

"

O_o  ...The F***?!??!
#16 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio
@digimod said:
If it's good, who cares.....
#17 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I was hoping for it to be out by next year. But hey, at least we finally have a window to look at.

#18 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17437 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious said:
" @Mikepool said:
"And they said it wouldn't happen! This is the second happiest day of my life! ...... anybody eaten recently? hope not

"
O_o  ...The F***?!??! "
Deadpool is one sexy man lol
#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it doesn't suck

#20 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOYAH!!!!!!!!! BIG WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\ 

#21 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering this is Hollywood, I don't think they're going to go with cancer. And I'll start getting hopeful when I start seeing ads for it.

#22 Posted by digimod (239 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron Apollo said:
" @digimod said:
If it's good, who cares..... "
True - but with Fox involved that chances are reduced that it will be good.
#23 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio
@ digimod  Agreed fox has done a piss poor job with it's comic movies, But if this thing is going to be good then it will need all the positive thoughts we can muster, lol!
#24 Posted by B-Tank (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... next year? WHAT!!
#25 Posted by The Lobster (1507 posts) - - Show Bio
@B-Tank:  apparently it's because of Ryan Reynold's work schedule.
#26 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17437 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds is a very busy man, As long as this movie gets made he can take as long as he likes

#27 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Ryan Reynolds will play the part after all.

#28 Posted by HeAdChEcK07 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see this, it needs to be R rated in order to truely do Deadpool justice.  Plus make up for the Wolverine BS!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.