Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool Movie Mask

eagleclaweight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By eagleclaweight

I know there's been alot of debate as to what the Deadpool costume should look like for the movie, but how on h]earth ore they going to make the mask work. I've been working on a  Deadpool costume for a while and I have a few ideas that might work. First, use latex molded around the eyes and red cotton attached to the latex. Second, make it entirely out of fabric and use spirit glue around the eyes. either way, you need white out contacts. What are your thoughts?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I think for movie makers, the real trick will be to make it look different from the Toby Maguire Spider-Man mask that everyone knows so well.  After all, costume designers have a mountain of materials & resources available to them (depending on the budget).  So I think they would be able to make a good looking mask... they just need to make a unique looking mask :)

eagleclaweight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eagleclaweight
    @xerox-kitty: just not too different from the comic book version or they will have an angry mob to deal with. Which inlays the difficulty. plus i am looking for ideas I can use to make my mask. I want to have it done before the premier.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The Lobster

If they aren't going to use the classic mask because they don't want him to look like Spider-man, then they should use the Ultimate universe mask....

Earth-1610 Ultimate
    Earth-1610 Ultimate

But they need to use the classic red mask with black circles because that's what most people think when they think of Deadpool. The closer they make it look to the comic version the better, the less liberties they take the better. I'm willing to accept change from the neck down, but the mask NEEDS to be the classic red mask with Circle diamonds or circles around the eyes. 

I also think Deadpool's costume should have a homemade quality to it, the biggest complaint I had in the Spider-Man movie was how Peter Parker made a suit that looks like it cost hundreds of dollars, all by himself at home on a limited budget. Deadpool is a master assassin not a master costume maker....so yes I think his mask needs to have a home made quality to it. 

Also eagleclaweight, you wondered about the eye's having to be white.....why? I think the mask looks just fine with regular eye-holes, again he's a master assassin not a master of disguise. I went out as Deadpool The Vampire Killer for Halloween and I had two masks, one with white eyes and one with no white eyes and just plain eye holes and I thought the one with eye-holes looked a lot more realistic and cinematic.  Plus it was easier to look through.

Here's an example... 

Deadpool Vampire Killer Halloween Costume
     Deadpool Vampire Killer Halloween Costume
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @The Lobster :
    Hey cool costume!! I was as Ash this year. But yeah as long as they make the mask look good I'm okay with anything thing they do below. I mean sure Wade has always had a set design but since he's a merc and costume gets shredded alot and has to get new ones they all look slightly differernt
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEADPOOL
    @The Lobster said:
    " If they aren't going to use the classic mask because they don't want him to look like Spider-man, then they should use the Ultimate universe mask.... 
    I honestly don't really see the resemblance between the two masks.
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@DEADPOOL: Red with two circles. There is a similarity.
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@Abnormally Warm Guy said:

" @DEADPOOL: Red with two circles. There is a similarity. "

Under that logic all mask look the same, since must of guys have white eyes on their maks
    Black Makeup and whit contact lenses, will work, i hate the fact Batman never have white eyes on the helmet/mask on his movies
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Or they could use a mask/helmet, so people dont think about Spiderman, like the Slade mask/helmet on Teen Titans
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

What they should do, is a darker crimson, then give him dark grey eyes, and for the eyes, simply have like a hole and a plastic cover beneath it.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10  Edited By The Lobster
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

No Caption Provided

"

That one is their best option. 

It's cinematic, classic, easy to work in, and overall bad ass. If I was directing this movie, this would be what the costume would look like.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Lobster : Yeah, but may people dont understand that the comic books suit it willl never wokr in a movie.
    So far is the best one, it looks like it should is not to black and no to red.
    evodmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evodmasters
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @The Lobster : Yeah, but may people dont understand that the comic books suit it willl never wokr in a movie. So far is the best one, it looks like it should is not to black and no to red. "
    Yeah, too much red is hard to film.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: ummm... no. Red with black circles is what makes Deadpool's mask design look like Spider-man's. The rest of the those aren't red. And one of them s just make up. 

So your logic is unfounded.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @eagleclaweight said:
    " @xerox-kitty: just not too different from the comic book version or they will have an angry mob to deal with. Which inlays the difficulty. plus i am looking for ideas I can use to make my mask. I want to have it done before the premier. "
    Yeah, I agree that it can't be too different from the comic Deadpool... and since Ryan Reynolds seems keen on kjeeping it close to the comics, then I don't think you'll have too much to worry about.   

Good luck with your own mask!
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@eagleclaweight: make it like the spider man movie costume.  

Just have there be a bigger, more circular eye slot with multiple colors  and no webbing of course lol  and that little pig-tail thing
     Just have there be a bigger, more circular eye slot with multiple colors  and no webbing of course lol  and that little pig-tail thing
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy said:

" @DeathpooltheT1000: ummm... no. Red with black circles is what makes Deadpool's mask design look like Spider-man's. The rest of the those aren't red. And one of them s just make up.  So your logic is unfounded. "

My logic is that almost every Superheroe, have white eyes,i dont know why, if the black Reedwhite eyes thing will make Deadpool look like Spiderman, it does the same with every character with white eyes.
    Also Spiderman mask and Deadpool mask dont look the same, is just becuse of the color and that weird idea, that Deadpool is a Spiderman rip off.
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: No, the Spiderman mask dont let you feel anything, Deadpool is a funny character, with a mask like that, it will ruin big part of the character, Ryan need the eyes.
    Meaby every time he does a joke, they make a close up to the eyes and people see it, also the mask ruinded Spider in the movies, he was never funny and , you never feel anything for Spiderman.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @Abnormally Warm Guy said:

" @DeathpooltheT1000: ummm... no. Red with black circles is what makes Deadpool's mask design look like Spider-man's. The rest of the those aren't red. And one of them s just make up.  So your logic is unfounded. "

My logic is that almost every Superheroe, have white eyes,i dont know why, if the black Reedwhite eyes thing will make Deadpool look like Spiderman, it does the same with every character with white eyes.
    Also Spiderman mask and Deadpool mask dont look the same, is just becuse of the color and that weird idea, that Deadpool is a Spiderman rip off.
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: No, the Spiderman mask dont let you feel anything, Deadpool is a funny character, with a mask like that, it will ruin big part of the character, Ryan need the eyes. Meaby every time he does a joke, they make a close up to the eyes and people see it, also the mask ruinded Spider in the movies, he was never funny and , you never feel anything for Spiderman. "
    I disagree.  If people saw any bit of his face they would be distracted trying to look at his scars.  He could be able to convey the humor with  simple body movements (though i think this would only work if he is wearing soft fabric like movie-Spiderman and not leather like movie-Daredevil). 
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I think for movie makers, the real trick will be to make it look different from the Toby Maguire Spider-Man mask that everyone knows so well.  After all, costume designers have a mountain of materials & resources available to them (depending on the budget).  So I think they would be able to make a good looking mask... they just need to make a unique looking mask :) "
    Good point
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Violet-Eyed Dragon: Spiderman failed, people loved the movies, but it wasnt funny, or anything, i know that Ryan is by far better that Tobey.
    But make it like the Spiderman suit it will dont work.
    Deadpool is not a Spiderman.
    Make Deadpool jump around on his Pajamas will never work in a movie.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000:  Yes but what you are not seeing is that unlike most masks Spider-man  

And Deadpool 

They both have red bases with White eyes with black circles around them. To a person familiar with the characters they are different enough. To a casual reader or someone who does not even read comics they are quite similar. Like no one would confuse Spider-man for Wolverine despite the fact both of their masks have white eyes. Just because you can tell the difference doesn't mean everyone can. 
        They both have red bases with White eyes with black circles around them. To a person familiar with the characters they are different enough. To a casual reader or someone who does not even read comics they are quite similar. Like no one would confuse Spider-man for Wolverine despite the fact both of their masks have white eyes. Just because you can tell the difference doesn't mean everyone can. 
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: Yeah, but the main point is that they cant change the mask, do it like the Spiderman(Jump around on pajamas) will never work.
    Also they could dont use a mask and decide to use a helmet or a hockey mask, i know it looks hard, but they could use the Black and Red mask.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that wasn't the argument. I just said they were similar.

eagleclaweight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eagleclaweight

I think I finally have a game plan That would solve the problem for the movie and me. This should also work for costume. I'm going to try to find a smple hood design, mod in some extra fabric at the top, and sew it together, then I am going to cut out the eye holes and put black fabric on that leaving all but where my eyes are covered. With some spirit glue(the stuff they use to put fake beards and such on) I am going to stick the black part to my eyes so that it shows my expressions just like Deadpool. Finally, and most expensively, I am going to try to find full white out contacts. If not that, I will just go with my blue eyes or partial white out. Then I will buy some combat boots(black) and some swat pants. sew on some red knee pads for Deadpoolesk look. and find a red motorcycle jacket and customize the looks. Finally weapons. I am looking at a site called budk.com for swords, grenade dummies, and possibly guns. if not a gun from there, I wont have too much trouble finding something that looks authentic. I want a dessert eagle 50 cal. replica though >:) and thats the game plan so far. i hope to have it done before the movie release. (I'll use fake swords for the premier).  

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon: Spiderman failed, people loved the movies, but it wasnt funny, or anything, i know that Ryan is by far better that Tobey. But make it like the Spiderman suit it will dont work. Deadpool is not a Spiderman. Make Deadpool jump around on his Pajamas will never work in a movie. "
    spider-man didnt fail, but i admit it wasnt as funny as the comic.  i dont think its really the suits fault because notice in the comics he is either expressionless cuz he cant move or his mask is distorted in an unrealistic way.  i think it is possible to have a spider-man like costume

however i think you are right that it needs a slight variation.  Take another look at the picture of movie-spiderman:

No Caption Provided

now picture the eyes made out of the same substance, but circular, with the black a little bit bigger and the whites a little bit smaller.  and don't forget to factor in the pony-tail thingy.  i think it works. 
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: eyeholes dont work in movies they look stupid  even batman changed it as best they could and in the comics he always had eyeholes. 

An early batman--the eyeholes are so deeply set they are surrounded by shadow.  this only works since batman has a very thick, bulky mask which deadpool doesn't. 
     An early batman--the eyeholes are so deeply set they are surrounded by shadow.  this only works since batman has a very thick, bulky mask which deadpool doesn't. 

Christian Bale Batman--he has goggles with a bit of black tinting on the bottoms.  at first it looks like your just seeing his eyes but thats not the case. 
     Christian Bale Batman--he has goggles with a bit of black tinting on the bottoms.  at first it looks like your just seeing his eyes but thats not the case. 
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Violet-Eyed Dragon:Look at Deatrhstroke, he look like Spiderman, did he look scary?
    No, he dont look anything, the same happens with Spiderman and faceless characters, Darth Vader have a helmet and you feel something for him.

No Caption Provided

Deadpool need his eyes, he need expresion, you need to feel something, if he have to run half naked, so he i can feel anything for the character, then they better give me a naked Deadpool.
    No Caption Provided

Again, you feel anything for a mask without eyes and without any part?
    No, the Batman suit, X Men suit, worked by far better that the Spiderman suit, Green Goblin failed also, V almost failed, but it was a helmet/mask and not a Spandex one.
    No Caption Provided
    Deadshot metal helmet, this one make you feel something, it dont need a face, but the design makes you feel, he is scary, he feels powerfull.
    No Caption Provided
    Now you can se part of his face, the feeling change, still you feel the character and the actor can do thing with his face, still it feel better that the Deadpool/Deathstroke/Spiderman mask.
    No Caption Provided
    Rigid mask, fail, the X Men dont used mask for that reason, Superman the same, Daredevil let you see the lower part of the face.
    You need to feel something and Spiderman movie suit failed on that.
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By SoA
    Deadpool: Pulp #2
    No Caption Provided
    these both look a little more real then his usual costume  ,  just seems sensible
    eagleclaweight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By eagleclaweight

I still think that if you just use the spandex for the eyes and a thicker fabric for the rest of the head it can work. the spandex would be glued to the eyes so that we can see expression. then with the right tention around the mouth you can get some more dramatic expressions. as for the lens, it could or could not work. I think that if they do white out contacts we can still get the expression. they are very creative and I think if anyone can figure it out costume makers can.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other thing they can do, is tha the whit thing on the mask is part of the mask and it moves during the movie.
    Like Rorschachs mask in Watchmen.

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SoA said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    these both look a little more real then his usual costume  ,  just seems sensible "
    ok i like the deadpool pulp picture.  i just wonder if since deadpool's face is so scarred it won't be distracting.  And i think the mask shouldn't have eyeholes that would look stupid.  but my main problem is that it doesn't have the goofy pig-tail.  
    the one on the right just isnt deadpool. 
    @eagleclaweight said:
    " I still think that if you just use the spandex for the eyes and a thicker fabric for the rest of the head it can work. the spandex would be glued to the eyes so that we can see expression. then with the right tention around the mouth you can get some more dramatic expressions. as for the lens, it could or could not work. I think that if they do white out contacts we can still get the expression. they are very creative and I think if anyone can figure it out costume makers can. "

what about when deadpool gets punched in the face or something.  that only works for characters who don't beat around that much--deadpool's whole power is he survives getting his butt kicked).  watchmen and kick-ass used that trick but there was a difference there--those costumes were supposed to look a little silly.   
    @DeathpooltheT1000:
    spiderman's suit didnt fail.  yeah it was kinda awkward but that could be overdone by some good jokes and pratfalls.  
    and don't forget that during the course of each battle the mask is slowly disintegrating revealing more and more of his face... 
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Violet-Eyed Dragon: Deadpool cant do that, he and Rorschach, left clear that the mask is his real face, i know it works for the final battle, but after 2 hour of feel nothing, 10 minutes will not save the fact you feel nothing during 2 hour.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some Masks

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    "Some Masks

"

Um Whats the last one mean?
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr. Dead Pool: That i want to do a movie with Black and White Robert Downey Jr.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @Mr. Dead Pool: That i want to do a movie with Black and White Robert Downey Jr."

Oooooookaaaaay.
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By mavfan626

lol

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr. Dead Pool said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @Mr. Dead Pool: That i want to do a movie with Black and White Robert Downey Jr."
    Oooooookaaaaay. "
    And the Oscar goes to, is a tie, White Robert Downey Jr. and Black Robert Downey Jr.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best mask so far Amazing.

No Caption Provided

ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ApeKindaBaked

Here's my version of Deadpool I like to draw. 
    Kind of makeshift and sewn together from previous fights. 
    Cuts across the face kind of in the shape of a smile. 
    Could they be from Wolverine? Who Knows!?
    ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ApeKindaBaked

Also here's an idea for going towards saving a deadpool movie. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.