Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3322 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool IS NOT Agent X

aerilupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aerilupus

I wish FOX had kept its grubby paws off Deadpool; all this X-Men Origins: Wolverine business is causing a number of bloggers and others unfamiliar with Deadpool to recount the same misinformation: "Deadpool is Agent X." Perhaps between the Deadpool and Cable and Deadpool series there existed a greyarea, but since the end of C&D, the line's drawn, the facts laid--Deadpool and Agent X are two separate entities. They fought each other and Agent X got his insides handed to him.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    According to these toy photos, FOX seemingly melded Deadpool and Agent X together, why do you suppose they chose to? Do you think this is just a photo fluke? Agent X's hand blades are nonsense.

If FOX is treating them as one in the same, why? FOX needn't have this comic vs. film, divided marketing; why not unify movie-goers and comic book fans alike?

And seriously, who would purchase that unsightly piece of 'movie' memorbilia when a better, exceedingly more likable version of the original character exists.

It's also interesting to note that the molds they use look significantly similar to the Fury Files brand toys except for a few articulation differences. Is the real Deadpool figure simply a Fury Files figure packaged differently to ride on the X-Men Origins: Wolverine craze?

Edited for photo-reference.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The confusion comes from people not giving enough of a sh#t to read Agent X.If you read Agent X and never made it to issue #13-15,you would probably think Agent X was Wade.He looks similar to Wade with his mask off with the bald head and all the scars.

IMO..That action figure looks like what a movie version would Deadpool would look like without the costume.

Either way..you should be lucky someone even bothered to make a Deadpool action figure.Alot of people have favorite characters they wish they could see in action figure form.
    aerilupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By aerilupus

You underestimate the abilities of the internet if you think people have to read Agent X at all to nab a few facts about him. There's also issue 12 of Cable and Deadpool that confirms their separate identities.

Deadpool's never had such well-placed scars, unlike Agent X with the big ol' X across his forehead.

Marvel's undoubtedly been working with Hasbro as of late to bring characters of all streams of popularity into action figure form, which is why the real Deadpool figure would have appeared regardless of the film's debut. All of us fans are lucky to see Marvel Comics finally take command of their characters in other mediums.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The toy was a misprint. That's not Deadpool nor is it Agent X. He's the main badguy at the end of the "Origin Movie"

Rod12 said:

"In the movie Deadpool (Wade Wilson) is played by actor Ryan Reynolds his image one of the USA Today Images above the toy image that says Deadpool on it and is an image of a tatoo dude with adamantium claws coming out of his hands is Weapon XI played by actor Scott Adkins in the movie. So basically to sum it all up the people who made those action figure toys of the Wolverine Movie Characters screwed up and made a big mistake so Wolverine Fans that is not Deadpool that is Weapon XI. Ryan Reynolds USA Today Image Deadpool Image of Wolverine Action Figure Toy that says Deadpool on the box is actually the character of Weapon XI. I hope this helps in there concern about the character of Deadpool in the Wolverine Movie."

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Mr. Wilson

So we're sure its a misprint??????

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Legacy_
    Mr. Wilson said:
    "So we're sure its a misprint??????"

Yes
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Korg
    Vance Astro said:
    "Either way..you should be lucky someone even bothered to make a Deadpool action figure."
    You do realize he's had like 3 action figures already, right?
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

The confusion isn't over Deadpool being Agent X. The confusion is whether Agent is Weapon XI. Anyone who has read past Agent X 13 knows they are seperate characters.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By G'bandit
    Mr. Wilson said:
    YES IT IS

I read the dude is Weapon XI somewhere, he is the big bad guy XD

He has the powers of Wolverine, Cyclops and other mutants, he even has Wolvy's claws!

It must be a print mistake

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    "The confusion isn't over Deadpool being Agent X. The confusion is whether Agent is Weapon XI. Anyone who has read past Agent X 13 knows they are seperate characters.
    "
    We actually have the Agent X comics filed under Deadpool at the store because people still think they're the same guy, even after we explain it.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G'bandit said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    YES IT IS

He has the powers of Wolverine, Cyclops and other mutants, he even has Wolvy's claws!

"
    You read it somewhere? Oh that convinces me. Every says they've read it somewhere but I can't find any concrete evidence. Only websites of people saying that's what their theory is.
    Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Suigetsu

I never tagged agent x as deadpool.
    And I never readed agent x, never got into it, tought it wasnt interesting enuff.

And once you start reading cable and deadpool you notice that Agent x its not deadpool , so i dont know why people confuses them etc..

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent X takes place before Cable and Deadpool and it's pretty amazing other then 11-12 (I didn't care for those two issues).

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By G'bandit
    Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    "G'bandit said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    YES IT IS

"
    You read it somewhere? Oh that convinces me. Every says they've read it somewhere but I can't find any concrete evidence. Only websites of people saying that's what their theory is.
    "
    Here LINK 

Is that enough for you ?

Is Weapon XI

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Erik

Wikipedia is the most unreliable source for anything comic related.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    erik said:
    "Wikipedia is the most unreliable source for anything comic related."
    Wikipedia is the most unreliable source period.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By G'bandit
    erik said:
    Oh lord.. Well All this time I've used it and it has been accurate never have misinform me, so I trust it.

Didn't you see the dude with Wolvy's claws, Healing factor and Cyclops' Optic blast? Check the trailer pause it and you will see it. Its the same thing that says in Wikipedia he has those features. And If you see the trailer is not Ryan Raynolds aka: Deadpool is Scott Adkins you can tell by the nose XD

Besides there are several sites that confirms that is Weapon XI

LINK

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea but I was asking about the toy misprint. The toy is labeled as deadpool. Weapon XI and Deadpool may be the same character just played by different actors (due to stunt necessity). I was asking about a source to prove the fact that Hasbro screwed up. Yea Scott Adkins is Weapon XI but that doesn't mean weapon XI is not Deadpool.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik
    G'bandit said:
    "erik said:
    Oh lord.. Well All this time I've used it and it has been accurate never have misinform me, so I trust it.

Didn't you see the dude with Wolvy's claws, Healing factor and Cyclops' Optic blast? Check the trailer pause it and you will see it. Its the same thing that says in Wikipedia he has those features. And If you see the trailer is not Ryan Raynolds aka: Deadpool is Scott Adkins you can tell by the nose XD

Besides there are several sites that confirms that is Weapon XI

LINK

"
    I have seen just as many sources say that they are using different actors for the different stages of development for Deadpool. Namely his transformation from Deadpool into Weapon XI. I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying your sources are unreliable.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Korg said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Either way..you should be lucky someone even bothered to make a Deadpool action figure."
    You do realize he's had like 3 action figures already, right?
    "
    Yes I do.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    aerilupus said:
    "You underestimate the abilities of the internet if you think people have to read Agent X at all to nab a few facts about him. There's also issue 12 of Cable and Deadpool that confirms their separate identities.

Deadpool's never had such well-placed scars, unlike Agent X with the big ol' X across his forehead.

Marvel's undoubtedly been working with Hasbro as of late to bring characters of all streams of popularity into action figure form, which is why the real Deadpool figure would have appeared regardless of the film's debut. All of us fans are lucky to see Marvel Comics finally take command of their characters in other mediums.
    "
    Who randomly reads up on characters whose comics they don't read? I am a so called comic reader and I don't do that.The only time I have ever done that is to make a case in battle forums.For the most part if I haven't read any comics with certain characters in it,I won't know anything about that.Hell..I don't even know stuff about some characters in comics I do read.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Korg
    inferiorego said:
    "Wikipedia is the most unreliable source period."
    Yes, much less reputable than "toplessrobot.com"
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    erik said:
    That's actually not true.I have gotten alot of information from wiki that can be confirmed with the sources they have given for the information.I think people go to wiki and report back false stuff because they misinterpret what they read.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik

It is sometimes accurate, but is still unreliable due to its freedom of editing to anyone.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    erik said:
    "It is sometimes accurate, but is still unreliable due to its freedom of editing to anyone."
    I haven't found many things on it that were actually false.Some entries are copied straight from the OHOTMU.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Erik

I used to go there a lot. Until I saw how easily pages are ruined. One example was the Beast Wars page. About a year ago, the page was demolished and instead said that Transformer fans suck or something to that effect. It is just too easy to manipulate. They even put false or dated information in the science section sometimes.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Deathshroud

I think if i findout that Deadpool was Weapon XI in the movie i was not go see it . i am not even a huge fan of Deadpool but the idea is just stupid to me .

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Deathshroud said:
    "I think if i findout that Deadpool was Weapon XI in the movie i was not go see it . i am not even a huge fan of Deadpool but the idea is just stupid to me .
    "
    Yea because that's not totally childish.
    Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Deathshroud
    Vance Astro said:
    "Deathshroud said:
    "I think if i findout that Deadpool was Weapon XI in the movie i was not go see it . i am not even a huge fan of Deadpool but the idea is just stupid to me .
    "
    Yea because that's not totally childish.
    "
    Think whatever you like of me , i dont mind its just how i feel .
    aerilupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By aerilupus
    Vance Astro said:
    Who randomly reads up on characters whose comics they don't read? I am a so called comic reader and I don't do that.The only time I have ever done that is to make a case in battle forums.For the most part if I haven't read any comics with certain characters in it,I won't know anything about that.Hell..I don't even know stuff about some characters in comics I do read."
    People are more inclined to read about a character when they're in an upcoming film/event/etc., but either way, the information's still there, easily accessible--that's all I'm saying. Whenever there was/is a Deadpool/Agent X discussion, the confusion that ensues can easily subside with a simple search instead of insisting and/or spreading erroneous facts as true.

...I don't see how not seeing a film because you don't support it (or its ideas) is childish as we're always driven by our interests, or driven away by the lack thereof.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    aerilupus said:
    ...I don't see how not seeing a film because you don't support it (or its ideas) is childish as we're always driven by our interests, or driven away by the lack thereof.
    "
    It's childish because the movie isn't about Deadpool isn't about Wolverine.To not go see a movie because of some minor inaccuracies IMO is silly and childish.
    Legendary Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Legendary Hero
    Vance Astro said:
    "aerilupus said:
    "
    It's childish because the movie isn't about Deadpool isn't about Wolverine.To not go see a movie because of some minor inaccuracies IMO is silly and childish.
    "
    Deadpool is more popular than Wolverine
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Legendary Hero said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "aerilupus said:
    "
    "
    DYP.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legendary Hero said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "aerilupus said:
    "
    "
    "
    No he's not. But he is popular.

I do think if Deadpool does gets his own spin off (which I don't know how they do i with all the crap they've thrown in there) they'd just throw it together too if everyone who likes deadpool goes to see this variation of him in this movie. I'd rather have no Deadpool movie then a movie about optic blast Baracka Deadpool.
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By Namor1987

Does Weapon XI have a comic vine page

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Erik
    Legendary Hero said:
    Deadpool is more popular than Wolverine"
    I hope you are joking.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    erik said:
    "Legendary Hero said:
    Deadpool is more popular than Wolverine"
    I hope you are joking.
    "
    I don't think he was joking so much as he was baiting people to respond to him.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Erik

Ah I see.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor1987 said:
    "Does Weapon XI have a comic vine page "
    Not yet. I don't think he;s been actually introduced yet but Way is going to soon.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr. Wilson

So are they having that character in the comics in the movie?

Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41  Edited By Deadstroke

I highly doubt that both the official movie action figure ....

No Caption Provided
    and the Movie's Marvel Super Hero Squad....

No Caption Provided
    ...could both mislabel the fact that Weapon XI is Deadpool, unless it's all a distraction by Fox to hide the true scared version of Deadpool, but I doubt it.... Lets face it Hugh Jackman  said they changed a few things, Deadpool is Weapon XI.

Take a look at this and note the similarites

http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/movie-news/4973-dead-poll-is-deadpool-weapon-xi.html

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erik

Ha ha! People will accept him as Deadpool in the movie for the most part I am sure. But Deadpool's own movie will tank.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Korg
    erik said:
    "Ha ha! People will accept him as Deadpool in the movie for the most part I am sure. But Deadpool's own movie will tank."
    I really doubt there will be a Deadpool movie unless Wolverine's movie starts breaking records or something. Marvel already has a lot of movie projects lined up from now until 2012.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erik

I know Wolverine will do ok as long as it does not pull the same garbage from X-Men III. Besides, the main populace that will  go see the movie have no idea who Deadpool is. That being said, most people will accept that this "thing" is Deadpool without question.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By Namor1987

So this Weapon XI thing is basically like Mimic or The Collective sorta ripoff thing

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    erik said:
    "I know Wolverine will do ok as long as it does not pull the same garbage from X-Men III. Besides, the main populace that will  go see the movie have no idea who Deadpool is. That being said, most people will accept that this "thing" is Deadpool without question."
    Unless he is his charming, killing self....  :P
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By G'bandit

You know what... I'm actually watching the movie.. I found out that It is officially Deadpool is in my blog.. I will watch the movie even though I wasn't, you know why? Because those claws MUST be removed and for the first time I want Wolverine to beat the cr@p out of that fake Deadpool and chop off his arms at the end of the movie because those claws must be eliminated! And he better not have a full adamantium skeleton!

I think the whole reason why he turn into Weapon XI is because it was the deal they offered him, like We cure your cancer but you must do something fotr us... And that is turning into Weapon XI

I hope Wolverine looks at him and tell him

"Those claws are not suppose to be there my friend"

Snikt!

*CHOP*  *CHOP*

No Caption Provided
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I soooo hope that is not him.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DEADPOOL

The Weapon XI doesn't remind me of Agent-X in any shape or form, and actually makes me think of a fusion dance between Wade Wilson and Apocalypse, lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.