Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool is Going to Die and His Series Will End

• 148 results
    DrakeParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wouldn't be surprised if storm and the mutants die next, allowing the school to be taken over by inhumans...... smh

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Agent X, though he is a good character. Deadpool has only become an A lister for last few years. Whatever the reason is for killing off Deadpool, its wrong..

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose the Infinity Gauntlet would be one of the few things that Deadpool could use to kill himself.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be the last Marvel issue I read until Deadpool comes back. He's the only thing keeping me reading marvel.. Now they're gonna kill him? I hope it's a better death than becoming an Adamantium statue.

Looks like Thanos is going to reverse the curse on Deadpool.

SuperiorBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He just had his head ripped off..that was supposed to be the only thing that kills him..and he survived..

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Am I the only one thinking about what will happen to his wife and daughter? Poor kid, dad'll be gone again.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just see them rebooting deadpool close to when the movie comes out.

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone so serious?

Deadpool is a comedy character. This is probably to do a funny version of wolverine's death. He'll probably die lighting a fart on fire or something lol.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Winter_Kills

@lukehero said:

Marvel is going to murder & undercut every single character they don't own the rights to.

It definitely looks that way. I really feel like after Secret Wars, Deadpool & Wolvie will be back, but not on Earth-616- I think the X-Men are going to be a separate universe, mutants replaced by Inhumans in Earth-616...think about it, the new Inhumans book is even taking the title of Uncanny. It kinda sucks, because how do you retcon out all that history & interaction with those characters? The same way with FF. I may not agree with what Fox does with the properties, but it is sad to see this happen to these characters.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but when I first saw this I was like:

No Caption Provided

I thought at first wait- it's coming out in April, it's got to be an April Fool's joke, by Posehn & Duggan, right? Then I thought about Wolverine...

I'm not a big follower of either character, I think DP is funny(I have the Kelly issues, Cable & Deadpool, bought the game, things like that), & classic Wolvie is awesome, but I really feel for the die-hard fans. Those are the guys & gals I'm really thinking about.

nikkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first logan...now deadpool...is marvel going on a killing spree?

nikkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first logan...now deadpool...is marvel going on a killing spree?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Rubear
    No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

It's almost like they're more with concerned doing things to their series that will make them a quick buck rather than keeping things consistent.

Isn't that Marvel's motto?

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Edstone1

Posehn and Duggan are friggin' geniouses and their Deadpool run is one for the history books. So sad now.

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this leads to a team up called "Wolverine and Deadpool - IN HELL". Logan has already been to hell and would probably go back. Wade is most certainly damned.

I'd read that.

Devbob98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never really liked deadpool intill the marvel now series was made and its is still one of my favorite comics of all time shame to hear it's ending.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

BlueXRam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leokearon: You realize Fox is making the film? Why would Marvel advertise for them?

murderpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wade will return as the all new jean grey! Complete with Phoenix spandex ala wolverine and deadpool decoy

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll be back in time for his movie

This. Every comic book character does, and you'll know something is wrong if Marvel doesn't kill off a character every year.

Good to hear, deadpool is pretty lame.

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Cue 17 new series starring characters formerly associated with Wade. <yawn>

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

He'll die and be alive by the end of the issue because he's Deadpool.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

This deadpool news actually made my day worse. He's not always a joke and his stories can go from 100% comedy to 100% serious in a second. I loved all the recent stuff going on with Wade since his time on X-force. I loved The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I love all the stuff he does for Genesis and Ellie and the way he tries to be a positive figure in their lives. I loved Hawkeye vs Deadpool. I felt good about Wade finding a new friend group that accepted him for who he was and him trying to get his life together. I'll miss this version of Wade.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been a defender of Marvel comics because i quite like what they're doing they have the best solo superhero comics going it's jus alot of their gimmicks and events are stupid but not even I can forgive Marvel if they pull this shit. Why what point is there to killing him? It's not like Wolverine will it was emotional had tons of tie ins had an affect on so many Marvel characters. Deadpool is a parody character he has serious moments but only to a degree his death will have no real affect other then pissing people off that they can no longer read his comic. His solo series is my favorite ongoing comic I've read every issue which I can't say about most comics I'm reading. I love what they're doing with him adding alot more to him then punchline after punchline I like how he's married and has a daughter what they are doing to Deadpool is awesome. Now he's going to die with no real affect on the MU were no longer going to see his wife and daughter it's going to feel weird and empty not having him in the universe etc. He's my favorite character and I love when characters die in fiction it adds so much to the character I also root for my favorite character to eventually have a serious awesome death and continue on with other characters but It jus wouldn't work on Deadpool he's too cartoony to get emotional over his fake death. The only positive things I can think about with his death is if Marvel pulls some cool stunt where we still get to read him but It will be a comic of him fighting through the afterlife maybe with Wolverine, or Jus have his ghost randomly appear where the characters can't see him but we can see him, also the amount of things he will have to say about when he comes back to life will be cool. Other then that this is a stupid idea by Marvel, oh and also I bet when he comes back he won't be the way he is in his current run he will go back to being the mediocre character he was in his last solo series, probbably won't even bring back his wife or daughter, or Preston.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

WTF does he means it makes sense?

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Blue Son
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Guess healing factors can't stop temporary death.

This. Also, I wonder what Stan Lee thinks of these modern day death issues.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig said:

I am beyond sick of character deaths (especially at Marvel). They have no impact anymore so I hate that these companies (again, especially Marvel) feel the need to kill off characters for cheap sales spikes. It's the same thing they did with Wolverine and now they are looking to cash in even more by making a ton of spin-offs and a $3.99 weekly. This is ridiculous. I'm not even a giant Deadpool fan and this still annoys me. Like everyone else is saying, he will be back by the time his movie comes out. I hate sounding like an angry fanboy or something but death in comics is sooooo cliche that it very rarely adds anything to the narrative and ultimately gets undone in a year with some stupid and equally cliche explanation.

This

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ParaChomp

Duggan and Posehn's run has been iffy and has swayed drastically in quality. Why is this happening? Fox owning his movie rights or something bigger? I want the latter answered and that whatever that answer is to be well executed.

KalebYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know what issues count toward the #250? I figure Vol. 1-3 are part of it, but that only totals ups to 186 (including #0's, #.1's, and Annuals). Cable and Deadpool is 50, but then there are 14 issues left until 250. What counts?

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#132  Edited By cerial442

@kalebyoung: What about the Cullen Bunn and Peter David mini-series books?

KalebYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By KalebYoung

@cerial442: That is exactly what I'm wondering. What counts towards the 250?

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is clearly collapsing under the weight of their own ridiculous publicity stunts.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Good.

Keep him dead, please.

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOW #@#$ING DARE YOU, YOU MOTHER@#%$%^ PIECE OF #%@^!!!!

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a thing now ? Everytime Marvel run out of ideas, they kill off a character ?

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

Umm yeah it's a cash grab, and he'll be back in a year

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like DP. But, if they're doing this to make way for other characters then, I think it's a good move to give chance to others. Hopefully though I hope Wade will be back.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going overboard with the deaths.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

Combined with the fact that it's coming out around April Fools Day, Deadpool has "officially" died not once, not twice, but now three times and has come back exactly the same or at the very least better than before.

I'm a huge Deadpool fan and a fan of Brian and Gerry's phenomenal work....but I'm not worried about this.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalebyoung: I took when they said that if you "add up all the issues creatively" to mean it doesn't really add up to exactly 250.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#144 god_spawn  Moderator

It's probably going to end up being a joke.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do it.

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Krypton-115

Goddamn you Marvel, just trying to suck the joy out of everything......

I hope this leads to a team up called "Wolverine and Deadpool - IN HELL". Logan has already been to hell and would probably go back. Wade is most certainly damned.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Place your bets, ladies and gentleman! How long do you think he will stay "dead"?

Officially calling it. I'm thinking at least 3 months before the movie comes out.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'm still more interested in this Deathstroke arc I'm reading.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
    deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Like Wolverine, though, I'm sure that it only LOOKS like Deadpool is painted into a corner. There's still an inch when someone with cajones or common sense retakes Marvel from the Sandinistas.

Wardog2alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of wasting everyone’s time with a generic response please just highlight the one that best suits your character type.

Marvel (Comics) fan boy: “I am so done with Marvel. This is just another example of how marvel is killing off my beloved characters that they don’t own the rights too……”

Marvel (Movie) fan boy. “I am so done with fox fudging up all my favorite characters. I’m glad dead pools going to die! This practically guarantees his movies going to suck! It has

absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he will be played by Ryan Reynolds, won’t be wearing the suit or the fact that the movies been shelved more times than a frozen chimichanga.”

DC comic fan boy: “I am so done with Marvel. Just another example of Marvels shameless attempts to make more money by killing off characters. And casting Ryan Reynolds to play him in the movie is a terrible idea… that would be as ridiculous as casting Will Smith to play dead…… never mind…”

Comic movie (Fox) fan boy: “I’m so done with….. wait…. That red ninja guy is Ryan Reynolds from the wolverine origin movie? Will it be a silent movie? How will he talk without a mouth? This makes as much sense as Professor X’s miraculous regeneration!”

Comic movie (never read a comic in their lives) fan boy: :I am sooo done with any comic movie not made by marvel. Wait…. That red ninja guy is Ryan Reynolds’ character from blade II?”

General comic fan: “Most likely he will be back in a month… or…. Because it’s dead pool, he will realize that this issue is the “death of dead pool issue” and find a way to avoid it…. Probably by throwing a grenade into a writing staff meeting before they can come up with his demise. Also there is probably no coincidence that this issue is also is scheduled to be released on or around April Fools Day…..”

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.