Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool in Wolverine movie

• 90 results
    themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By themaskedhero
    Mutant X said:
    "Spid3r-Man said:
    "Nevermind, it seems like they are indeed the same person.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/03/the_deadpool_debacle_ended_probably.php#"
    Wow... this blows."
    Ryan Reynolds is only in the film for 10 minutes? Then at the end of the film you have a DIFFERENT actor playing the "same" character after being turned into a Mimic? Then why even hired Ryan Reynolds and why put Deadpool's name on it?

Create a character, call him Weapon XI, just let him be another character! This wouldn't be so awful if they didn't put Deadpool's name all over this. The idea sounds very Weapon X-ish.

I was even fine with a non-scarred Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool as long as he kicked ass and took names.

WEAPON XI IS MUTE!!!!! WHAT?! 
    DFChewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DFChewie

So, I just watched a pre-post-production cut of the movie (so, does that make it a "production cut"?) here.  In it, Ryan Reynolds plays Wade Wilson at the beginning of the movie, and the same character (played by Scott Adkins) appears at the end as Weapon XI, described by Stryker as "a pool of all the mutant powers... a dead pool...", which, aside from being a really dumb line, is the only reference to the character's name in the comics.

As I recall, there are only three lines in the entire movie that even allude to this being the same character: the one above, and two while Logan was fighting him ("Wade? Is that you?" and "Looks like Stryker finally found a way to shut you up"). If Fox would just take out those three lines, then Weapon XI would be a completely seperate character from Reynolds's Wade Wilson, which might actually be really, really cool.

Paradox4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Paradox4000

They locked my Wolverine: Origins Deadpool review topic...

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By DEADPOOL
    DFChewie said:
    "appears at the end as Weapon XI, described by Stryker as "a pool of all the mutant powers... a dead pool...", which, aside from being a really dumb line, is the only reference to the character's name in the comics."
    I totally called it.

I'm that damn good.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By speedlgt

ok does it really matter? the movie is not DEADPOOL its wolverine..................Does deadpool matter that much? hes not even a marvel top 10 Hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know hes got "loyal" fans and I can understand your pain trust me (the new GI JOE is gonna SUX they will ruin my childhood) but lets just look at it this way its a wolverine movie not a deadpool movie 

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DEADPOOL
    speedlgt said:
    "ok does it really matter? the movie is not DEADPOOL its wolverine..................Does deadpool matter that much? hes not even a marvel top 10 Hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know hes got "loyal" fans and I can understand your pain trust me (the new GI JOE is gonna SUX they will ruin my childhood) but lets just look at it this way its a wolverine movie not a deadpool movie  "
    Ok, true... OMG! THEY RUINED WOLVERINE'S MOVIE!!!!!!!! lol.

I personally don't see what the fuss is. In no real order:

1. He's in the movie, he makes jokes and kicks ass.
    2. The movie is spiking Deadpool's popularity, and he'll most likely get his own movie after this.
    3. They shot more scenes with Deadpool, the version that was leaked is unfinished.
    4. He's probably going to lose all of the powers except healing at the end of the movie... hopefully he keeps the teleporting though.
    5. Deadpool gets a big power-up that we can use in vs. topics, lol.
    methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By methias
    DEADPOOL said:
    Ok, true... OMG! THEY RUINED WOLVERINE'S MOVIE!!!!!!!! lol.I personally don't see what the fuss is. In no real order:1. He's in the movie, he makes jokes and kicks ass.2. The movie is spiking Deadpool's popularity, and he'll most likely get his own movie after this.3. They shot more scenes with Deadpool, the version that was leaked is unfinished.4. He's probably going to lose all of the powers except healing at the end of the movie... hopefully he keeps the teleporting though.5. Deadpool gets a big power-up that we can use in vs. topics, lol."
    1. The part with Ryan as pre-scarred Wade does seem like it may have potential
    2. His popularity with people who just watch the movies and pretend to be comic geeks
    3. True, crossing my fingers
    4. See 3
    5. Fanboy vs fanboy threads really don't need anything more added to them lol
    D4REDEV1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By D4REDEV1L

Its suppose to move, but its not so go here.
    http://media.omfgif.com/gif/1520232rg2rec.gif

Jet jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Jet jaguar
    Mr. Dead Pool said:
    "Well if he was at least 10 years younger I'd say Jim Carey. I mean he can totally play an insane person. But I guess Ryan Renolds is okay."

save jim carrey for carnage if they ever use him
    DFChewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DFChewie
    Methias said:
    "DEADPOOL said:
    Ok, true... OMG! THEY RUINED WOLVERINE'S MOVIE!!!!!!!! lol.I personally don't see what the fuss is. In no real order:1. He's in the movie, he makes jokes and kicks ass.2. The movie is spiking Deadpool's popularity, and he'll most likely get his own movie after this.3. They shot more scenes with Deadpool, the version that was leaked is unfinished.4. He's probably going to lose all of the powers except healing at the end of the movie... hopefully he keeps the teleporting though.5. Deadpool gets a big power-up that we can use in vs. topics, lol."
    1. The part with Ryan as pre-scarred Wade does seem like it may have potential
    2. His popularity with people who just watch the movies and pretend to be comic geeks
    3. True, crossing my fingers
    4. See 3
    5. Fanboy vs fanboy threads really don't need anything more added to them lol
    "
    At least in the leaked version of the movie:
    1. He only makes jokes, or has any personality at all, in the beginning as Wade Wilson. Ryan Reynolds does a top-notch job. At the end, as Deadpool / Weapon XI, he has no personality, and responds to computer programs such as ">:decapitate" and ">:walk forward".
    2. He can't get his own movie unless it's a prequel, Wolverine decapitates him at the end. No real worming around that.
    3. Here's hoping!
    4. He doesn't lose any of the powers, and he doesn't heal in the first place.
    5. Really, he was more powerful in the comics. This version is just stupid.
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DEADPOOL
    D4REDEV1L said:
    "
    Its suppose to move, but its not so go here.
    http://media.omfgif.com/gif/1520232rg2rec.gif

"
    Sweet, thanks for posting it.
    mega mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mega mage

no he does not have laser vision thats some other dude who is not cyclops also deady is not scarred or wearing a mask but he still has duel blades.

Attrition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Attrition

I hate what they did to Deadpool in the movie. Im not going to go into detail. But i think most fans of him will be disapointed. (Except early on in the movie, before they tested on him)

Paradox4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Paradox4000
    mega mage said:
    "no he does not have laser vision thats some other dude who is not cyclops also deady is not scarred or wearing a mask but he still has duel blades."

Did you just call Pool.... "Deady...?" You have lost posting privlages.
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Deadpool's review of the film:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQFdMx-m2I

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mutant X
    Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    "Deadpool's review of the film:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQFdMx-m2I"
    That costume of yours is annoying.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant X said:
    "Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    "Deadpool's review of the film:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQFdMx-m2I"
    That costume of yours is annoying."
    How so? The eyes? I can't fix em. It annoys me too. But it does looks better with the equipment on.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inferiorego said:
    "http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/inferiorego/direct-translation-versus-adaptation/87-41363/I wrote this for the people who can't stop complaining."

I get where you're coming from and most of the time I'd agree with you (look at V for Vendetta or the Spider-man Movies) but in the case of Deadpool I'd say they went to far. The character doesn't feel like Deadpool any more. He lacks the complications and craziness. And Barrackapool is lame.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    "inferiorego said:
    "http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/inferiorego/direct-translation-versus-adaptation/87-41363/I wrote this for the people who can't stop complaining."
    I get where you're coming from and most of the time I'd agree with you (look at V for Vendetta or the Spider-man Movies) but in the case of Deadpool I'd say they went to far. The character doesn't feel like Deadpool any more. He lacks the complications and craziness. And Barrackapool is lame."
    You do realize that they went back and did reshoots to add more of him in because people were complaining, right? Now there is more Deadpool and no one is happy
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By geraldthesloth

No Caption Provided

Paradox4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Paradox4000
    inferiorego said:

You're wrong about complaining not changing anything, if enough people complain in the right places, it gets seen and possibly made better for the next time. And what they did to Deadpool wasn't trivial, they did A LOT incorrectly.

inferiorego said:
    "inferiorego said:
    I get where you're coming from and most of the time I'd agree with you (look at V for Vendetta or the Spider-man Movies) but in the case of Deadpool I'd say they went to far. The character doesn't feel like Deadpool any more. He lacks the complications and craziness. And Barrackapool is lame."
    You do realize that they went back and did reshoots to add more of him in because people were complaining, right? Now there is more Deadpool and no one is happy"

That's a rumor.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Paradox4000 said:
    "inferiorego said:

You're wrong about complaining not changing anything, if enough people complain in the right places, it gets seen and possibly made better for the next time. And what they did to Deadpool wasn't trivial, they did A LOT incorrectly.

inferiorego said:
    "inferiorego said:
    You do realize that they went back and did reshoots to add more of him in because people were complaining, right? Now there is more Deadpool and no one is happy"
    That's a rumor."
    Re shoots weren't a rumor, it happened.

I can sit and nit-pick all day about things they changed from the comic to film, but there are much better ways to spend one's time. It's a movie, one which most of you haven't seen yet. Why not wait for it to come out, sit back, and try to enjoy it.

The problem here is that fanboys will NEVER be happy. I am a Deadpool fan, and there was a lot changed, and guess what? He's a minor character with a handful of lines. Why not complain about the extra in scene 45 while you're at it, it's the same thing.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just saying why label a character as deadpool if it's nothing like the source material. I'd of been happy with the character if they didn't market it as Deadpool. It's not Deadpool. Yea I'm a fan boy. I'm the first to admit it and I'm not against changing some of the source material but when you change everything that makes the character interesting you lose me. The character's essence still has to be there.

That's why I liked Venom

That's why I liked all of Marvel Studio's movies.

That's why I don't like Fox's Deadpool.

Yes he was a minor character. I'd rather them made him a minor character or a reference at least that was at least not a spit in the face of the fans.

Attrition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Attrition

I Abnormally Warm Guy said:

"I'm just saying why label a character as deadpool if it's nothing like the source material. I'd of been happy with the character if they didn't market it as Deadpool. It's not Deadpool. Yea I'm a fan boy. I'm the first to admit it and I'm not against changing some of the source material but when you change everything that makes the character interesting you lose me. The character's essence still has to be there.That's why I liked VenomThat's why I liked all of Marvel Studio's movies.That's why I don't like Fox's Deadpool.Yes he was a minor character. I'd rather them made him a minor character or a reference at least that was at least not a spit in the face of the fans."
    I agree. When Ryan Reynolds was on screen as Deadpool it was good, but once they did the tests on him it was horrible. Since when did Deadpool have lazer eyes? or swords stuck in his arms?or have his mouth sealed closed?
    I feel like they totally butchered the character.
    All that said, it was still a good movie.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    "I'm just saying why label a character as deadpool if it's nothing like the source material. I'd of been happy with the character if they didn't market it as Deadpool. It's not Deadpool. Yea I'm a fan boy. I'm the first to admit it and I'm not against changing some of the source material but when you change everything that makes the character interesting you lose me. The character's essence still has to be there.That's why I liked VenomThat's why I liked all of Marvel Studio's movies.That's why I don't like Fox's Deadpool.Yes he was a minor character. I'd rather them made him a minor character or a reference at least that was at least not a spit in the face of the fans."
    Why isn't anyone complaining about Wolverine then? They screwed him up from comic to film pretty well.
    And Fox isn't spitting in the face of the fans (although I wish they would sometimes), the fans wanted Deadpool in a film and they put them in. They didn't put him thinking, "yeah, lets stick it to those fans... TAKE THAT! MWAHAHAHA!"

Sadly, trying to talk to a deadpool fan is like trying fit a square peg in a round hole.
    he who is not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By he who is not
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SUNMAN

I heard deadpool had laser vision

Paradox4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Paradox4000
    SUNMAN said:
    "I heard deadpool had laser vision"

Henceforth you are known as Mr. Pointless Poster.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Rockdalf
    "Why isn't anyone complaining about Wolverine then? They screwed him up from comic to film pretty well."
    The equivalence of how much they changed about Deadpool would be giving Wolverine latent psychic abilities.  I'm as big a 'pool fan as they come, and I'm praying that the only WW/DP involvement in that movie doesn't include that abomination Weapon XI.  Including the character to appease fanbase is one thing, but including something that bears nothing in resemblance... not so much.

Besides, Weapon XI is kinda the climax fight of the movie.  Either they were planning on including the character as a 'pool variant when the movie was in the initial stages or they decided to change the character in re-shoot it as such.  It's not like they decided last second to throw in Weapon XI.

Killdaft11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Killdaft11

Ive seen the workprint like 3 times, ryan would have been a great deadpool, IF THE MOVIE DIDNT KILL HIM OFF, OR NOT GIVE THE MERC WITH A MOUTH NO MOUTH!!!!!

Sooooo, sorry i spoiled it, if i did : /

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#82  Edited By time1

I'm really happy that ryan reynolds is playing deadpool in the wolverine movie, he so sexy and in blade trinity he was really good

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Killdaft11 said:
    "Ive seen the workprint like 3 times, ryan would have been a great deadpool, IF THE MOVIE DIDNT KILL HIM OFF, OR NOT GIVE THE MERC WITH A MOUTH NO MOUTH!!!!!Sooooo, sorry i spoiled it, if i did : /"
    Can't kill Deadpool, and I'm sure they sewed his mouth shut so he wouldn't steal the spot-light from Wolverine.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By SUNMAN
    Paradox4000 said:
    "SUNMAN said:
    "I heard deadpool had laser vision"
    Henceforth you are known as Mr. Pointless Poster."
    henceforth you just will have to wait till the movie comes out too see how badly they messed up Deadpool if my friends are right about this movie it is mediocre at best, with a lot of special affects and a lot of stuff is different from the comics
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By G'bandit

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Yaujtapool

Tomorow is the big day = ]

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By G'bandit

Wonders what's tomorrow O_O?

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Yaujtapool
    G'bandit said:
    "Wonders what's tomorrow O_O? "
    Tomorow is a big day .
    loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By loganreme

I just came back from watching the movie, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Wolverine was well done, Sabertooth finally got some justice on screen, Gambit was a bit of a wimp (which he isn't) and the totally f****d up Wade later in the movie. I am outraged with what they done to Deadpool and I better stop here before I turn this thread X rated :(

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Paradox4000 said:

"mega mage said:
    "no he does not have laser vision thats some other dude who is not cyclops also deady is not scarred or wearing a mask but he still has duel blades."
    Did you just call Pool.... "Deady...?" You have lost posting privlages."

He is to be refered to by any of the name on his page or "The 'Pool Man".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.