Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool in The Amazing Spider-Man #611...

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By CrimsonComedian

Anyone else think that Kelly has lost his touch with Deadpool? I've only just read the issue and I think he's lacking his Deadpoolness... I thought there were only one or two good Deadpool moments.

What do YOU think?

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

That was a really amazing issue. You have to remember it's not a Deadpool comic. It's a Spider-man comic. So you don't get to see everything that Deadpool is doing.

I absolutely loved what he did with Deadpool in that issue though. Like Deadpool strategically using the yellow box to cover the fairy's nudity. When Deadpool's mask got ripped off he almost freaked but instead grabbed the kids shirt and made a mask. That was brilliant.

Way should take notes if you ask me. This is how those two should interact.

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Yeah, but you'd expect Kelly to do alot better with Deadpool, even if it's just one issue. And not even a Deadpool issue. I mean, if I had no clue about Deadpool and I just picked up that Spider-Man comic, after knowing so much about Spider-Man -- the way Kelly wrote Deadpool in that issue; I would only be curious enough about Deadpool to read up on him.  He'd want to write Deadpool so that he'd appeal to a much larger audience. ESPECIALLY in a Spider-Man comic, seeing as how so many more comic book fans can't not pick up a Spider-Man comic.

I agree with the box, the shirt and the 'mamageddon' joke and even the autograph bit... but I still think he could've done alot better =/

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Matezoide2
    @CrimsonComedian said:
    He'd want to write Deadpool so that he'd appeal to a much larger audience. ESPECIALLY in a Spider-Man comic, seeing as how so many more comic book fans can't not pick up a Spider-Man comic.
    what are you talking about? Spider-Man is still loved by many comicbooks fans
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mutant X
    @Matezoide said:
    " @CrimsonComedian said:
    He'd want to write Deadpool so that he'd appeal to a much larger audience. ESPECIALLY in a Spider-Man comic, seeing as how so many more comic book fans can't not pick up a Spider-Man comic.
    what are you talking about? Spider-Man is still loved by many comicbooks fans "
    That's what he's getting at. He said they can't NOT pick up a Spider-Man comic.

Anyways, I kinda liked the way Kelly wrote him. I thought he was spot on.

But I do have a question... why was Eddie randomly in there? What did he have to do with anything?
    Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Matezoide2
    @Mutant X said:
    " @Matezoide said:
    " @CrimsonComedian said:
    what are you talking about? Spider-Man is still loved by many comicbooks fans "
    That's what he's getting at. He said they can't NOT pick up a Spider-Man comic.  Anyways, I kinda liked the way Kelly wrote him. I thought he was spot on.  But I do have a question... why was Eddie randomly in there? What did he have to do with anything? "
    *re-reads him*
    damn
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By The_Martian

Lady Stilt-Man made the issue:)

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mutant X
    @Nobody said:
    " Lady Stilt-Man made the issue:) "
    Yeahh. She rocks. XD
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By The Lobster

Nah Joe Kelly still has it. 

There is so many great moments in that one issue, we got the mamageddon, the boxes, the fairies, and classic lines like "Your Pun fu has no Sole" and "I never take the time to notice how pretty my blood looks on the outside". Joe Kelly hasn't lost his touch at all too me, I only hope he continues to write some more amazing Deadpool stories.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.