Deadpool (and Marvel) Newbie

#1 Edited by SuperFluous_Girl (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to start Deadpool, and I've read a few recommendations about where to start. Should I have any sort of background knowledge about Marvel characters? (I have none, like zero. I was a DC loyalist until they started killing everyone I knew or loved.)

What's the best Deadpool run? Like the crazy ones, where he punches people to provoke Wolverine into a fight?

#2 Posted by Perethorn (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, i recommend you his Civil War Story Arc, it´s pretty funny and you can see Deadpool at his best.

If you want soemething different from the character, you should give a try to this book:

His early appearences along Cable are also pretty good.

#3 Posted by The Lobster (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to start Deadpool, and I've read a few recommendations about where to start. Should I have any sort of background knowledge about Marvel characters? (I have none, like zero. I was a DC loyalist until they started killing everyone I knew or loved.)

What's the best Deadpool run? Like the crazy ones, where he punches people to provoke Wolverine into a fight?

Joe Kelly's run, your comment about Deadpool punching someone to provoke Wolverine was from his run....he punched Kitty Pryde.....Joe Kelly's run is easily the best Deadpool ever written.

Also you can check out the Recommended Reading section of the Deadpool page. It's got all his recommended runs on it and explains the good and bad of each. That's what it's there for, so you don't have to ask over the forums. It's about as accurate a recommendation list you can get.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.