Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool #16. Your thoughts?

mxb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Curious as to how deadpool fans new and old feel about this issue and where this arc is going.

Personally i thought it was great and i can't wait for the next one. If i had to choose between getting this issue and my girl... i would lie to her and thank god she doesnt know about digital comics.

Side note: Does this seem a little like the T-ray messing with wades head (about his name and wife and all that) and Wade pretending to be butthurt only to rope a dope T-ray story?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I love it. Just finished it and working on the review now.

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By chem86

@mxb:

Loved Deadpool 16! 110% pure badassery from the very start as he breaks out of the tank, plus we get to see wade show real emotions about having a daughter. The idea his daughter would be killed actually "shut deadpool up" a bit, a darker and more serious tone was shown and they nailed it. In my opinion this was one of the best deadpool issues ever, and I've read em all.

I didn't think at all about T-ray being involved, but now that you say it, I could totally see it fitting! Haven't seen T-ray around in deadpool comics for a while , and after all he's wade arch-nemesis. In the tweets back I got from Duggan he said though they were trying to introduce a new "bag guy", so I'm leanin on the side of it being something new. But T-ray would make a lot of sense for fitting into a story on wades past like this, so I wouldn't mind if T-ray ends up involved at all

mxb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mxb

@k4tzm4n: Good review (and not just cause I agree with you / have a Wade-Brain-Gerry man crush)... add one more follower to your... 12777... holy crap.

@chem86: Well i didn't mean T-Ray directly involved... More like this issues feels like that old T-ray and Deadpool encounter where T-Ray brought Mercedes back to life trying to make Wade break... and feeling like that, is a good thing. However, now that you said... that i said... that T-Ray... makes a good fit to appear now... your right!... What the hell did i just say?

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By chem86

@mxb: Haha, well I'm glad I was mistaken by what ya said, does sound like it would be a fun fit in the story. I guess we're both right lol.

But I totally get what you're saying how it does have a similar feel to it, and def a good thing like ya said. I hope T-ray makes his way into the current deadpool series eventually either way. He's the joker to Wade's batman

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The issue was amazing!This was the Deadpool I just love!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.