Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

"Deadpool #1: Merc With A Mouth" Reviewed!

• 77 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Did you read the issue? Did you enjoy it? Do you think that this writer managed to really capture Deadpool?
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tyler Starke

I like deadpool, but he's getting a little too overexposed in my opnion(and a few others), I thought the issue was so so, but I think it will pick up in #2, Damn babs you got some miracle grow Hair lol

ordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ordon

i only like him cause he reminds me of me wen im working and going on missions lol.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AngelFrost

Love your hair
    Are those extentions?
    Look lovely!

and I agree with your thoughts on  Deadpool, I  prefer my comics with a story, not sexist jokes or childish humour. I like humour, just not the Deadpool way, but thats just me.
    (:

Stealthpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stealthpool

If you have no sense of humor please don't review a Deadpool comic.

Also, wtf is with people loving "drama?" If you watch(ed) "The Hills," please don't review a Deadpool comic.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkchild
    @Stealthpool said:
    " If you have no sense of humor please don't review a Deadpool comic.Also, wtf is with people loving "drama?" If you watch(ed) "The Hills," please don't review a Deadpool comic. "
    THANK YOU!!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Must get this comic while on vacation in Seattle

Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deo Wade
    @Stealthpool said:
    " If you have no sense of humor please don't review a Deadpool comic.Also, wtf is with people loving "drama?" If you watch(ed) "The Hills," please don't review a Deadpool comic. "
    Little bit of pent up aggression there guy? lol

Anyway. I read it, but I wasn't impressed. The jokes were kind of half-assed and the art was lackluster. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Suicide Kings and Dark Reign Deadpool.

I've liked Deadpool since I was a kid. I thought he looked cool, but when he beat up Wolverine that cemented him as one of my all time faves. You do have to have a sense of humor to like Deadpool though. He's like the Dave Chappelle of Comic Book Heroes. Overlooked for a really long time with a strong fanbase, but once the mainstream got a taste of him he blows up.
    Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dex

how can someone be so silly and yet so dangerous...then again if he wasn't he would just be another marvel character badace with a healing factor.

Reaper 13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Reaper 13

Got to love Wade.

No Caption Provided

Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grendel

She has a sense of humor, just doesn't find unfunny randomness worth a shit. It works for The Kids In The Hall but less for a comic book.

Deadpool works better as a guest star or a supporting character, just like every purely comic relief. I don't hate him (I like Kelly's run) but I smiled when Stryfe tore his future self in half a few weeks ago.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stormultt

wow ill pick it up

Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dex
    @Grendel: agreed
    Mask of Tengu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 252

#14  Edited By Mask of Tengu

Well I have a very goofy sense of humor, but I prefer my comics more dramatic as well.  Saying that I always keep a little spot in my head for goofy comics like Deadpool and Ambush Bug.  I hate Lobo though...just saying!

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @Stealthpool said:
    what's with people being overly judgemental about people who don't like the same things as they do
    Defiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Defiant

i gotta pick this up

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#17  Edited By HaloKing343

Your hair grows so fast! Wow!

Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deo Wade
    @Tyler Starke said:
    " @Stealthpool said:
    what's with people being overly judgemental about people who don't like the same things as they do "
    Human Nature
    The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By The Sadhu

I've been a Deadpool fan for years now and am happy to see him finally get some time in the spotlight but I do think he is getting a bit to much exposure, Marvel needs to be careful with him and not run the character into the ground!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

First off, Babs you really like saying the word "goofy" don't  you? Anyways, I didn't like Deadpool until I played as him in Ultimate Alliance and then when I saw Hulk VS Wolverine, Deadpool really hit me as a funny and cool character, and when I rad his origin, I really started to like were he was coming from, being apart of Weapon X, having cancer and so on and so forth. Great Review Babs.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By No_Name_

Well I stated that it was a matter of opinion, and I even went so far as to ask the big Deadpool fans to enlighten me and tell me why you like the character and whether you read the comic/ if you thought it was good. Like I said, it's all relative and I don't even think I was overly critical. I said it was okay. We aren't all going to like the same things. It's okay to give a bad/poor review of something, really! I think it makes things interesting!

For the record I am totally cool with people disagreeing with me. In fact, I feel as though it's expected. I just hope that you guys see that I don't feel that it was too harsh, because I don't think it was. 3 out of 5 isn't bad...but it could have been better.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By danhimself

you guys need to relax...it's just a review....if you liked it more than Babs did then that's fine there's no reason to bad mouth her because of it

to be honest I was expecting more out of this book....the art wasn't really that good and neither was the storyline......Deadpool and Suicide Kings are a lot better then this book...hopefully this book will get better

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @Deo Wade said:
    " @Tyler Starke said:
    " @Stealthpool said:
    what's with people being overly judgemental about people who don't like the same things as they do "
    Human Nature "
    lol good point
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By No_Name_
    @danhimself said:
    " you guys need to relax...it's just a review....if you liked it more than Babs did then that's fine there's no reason to bad mouth her because of itto be honest I was expecting more out of this book....the art wasn't really that good and neither was the storyline......Deadpool and Suicide Kings are a lot better then this book...hopefully this book will get better "
    Thanks!

I didn't think I said anything bad. If you watch more than 30 seconds of the review, you'll see that. I'm pretty sure I simply stated I wasn't crazy about it, and go so far as to ask what people like about it.

Anyway,

@AngelFrost said:
    " Love your hairAre those extentions? Look lovely! and I agree with your thoughts on  Deadpool, I  prefer my comics with a story, not sexist jokes or childish humour. I like humour, just not the Deadpool way, but thats just me.(: "
    Yes! Thank you :)

Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deo Wade
    @Babs said:
    " Well I stated that it was a matter of opinion, and I even went so far as to ask the big Deadpool fans to enlighten me and tell me why you like the character and whether you read the comic/ if you thought it was good. Like I said, it's all relative and I don't even think I was overly critical. I said it was okay. We aren't all going to like the same things. It's okay to give a bad/poor review of something, really! I think it makes things interesting! For the record I am totally cool with people disagreeing with me. In fact, I feel as though it's expected. I just hope that you guys see that I don't feel that it was too harsh, because I don't think it was. 3 out of 5 isn't bad...but it could have been better. "
    It deserved a 3 out of 5.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Babs said:
    " Well I stated that it was a matter of opinion, and I even went so far as to ask the big Deadpool fans to enlighten me and tell me why you like the character and whether you read the comic/ if you thought it was good. Like I said, it's all relative and I don't even think I was overly critical. I said it was okay. We aren't all going to like the same things. It's okay to give a bad/poor review of something, really! I think it makes things interesting! For the record I am totally cool with people disagreeing with me. In fact, I feel as though it's expected. I just hope that you guys see that I don't feel that it was too harsh, because I don't think it was. 3 out of 5 isn't bad...but it could have been better. "
    You cant say anything negative about Deadpool without the fanboys going crazy. Look at Wolverine Origins. Ryan Reynolds did it big in that movie, but all you ever hear about is the Deadpool fans crying about the 15mins of him having everybodies powers.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By No_Name_
    @Deo Wade said:
    " @Babs said:
    It deserved a 3 out of 5. "
    I thought so too.

@Gambler said:
    " @Babs said:
    You cant say anything negative about Deadpool without the fanboys going crazy. Look at Wolverine Origins. Ryan Reynolds did it big in that movie, but all you ever hear about is the Deadpool fans crying about the 15mins of him having everybodies powers. "
    I remember that precisely. And they fixed it in the end. I felt there was no need to revel in it for as long as people did. I mean, Silver Fox and Emma Frost aren't sisters, but I saw no uproar from the fans about that. And that's like changing Emma's origins entirely.

OCDiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OCDiva

i love your reviews babs! so fun to watch! you are a great speaker!

Sick_j0k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Sick_j0k3

I find it funny that some people are disagreeing with Babs because personally this is the first review of hers that I actually agreed with. 90% of the time I find myself completely disagreeing with her reviews but I couldn't help but take her side on this one. The art work was awful and the humor wasn't even funny. Humor isn't bad in an action comic, as long as it's in the right context. Like Wanted (comic, not the movie) has some sick disgusting humor in it but it goes well with the dark tone of the entire comic. The jokes in this were just bad.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Psyentist

I agree, Babs. I prefer my comics a bit more serious as a whole.

But I like a break for Deadpool now and then. I think I prefer him as more of a comic relief to a main character (like Cable), but I can enjoy comics that are just plain funny. But yeah, one of the problems with giving a funny character his own comic is the writers can wear him thin. Jokes are pulled out that really aren't that funny. They're "goofy" and "cartoony", but not quite the best quality.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Nahero

what i love about deadpool is that no matter how bad a situation is even hulk size he never stops cracken jokes hes got a joke for everything which i like hes like the jim carry of the marvel universe and hes unpredictable, and is a complicated character even i don't know what makes him tick 

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32  Edited By zombietag

i just want to say its cool to hear a review about a comic that the reviewer doesn't know absolutely everything about. its cool when you review batman or gman does xmen or something but its a different perspective when i read a comic that dont kno tons about (like i would deadpool).

point being, i would love to see these type of reviews more often. i want to see what babs thinks about the new spidey issues and what gman thinks of new wonderwoman and so on.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tyler Starke

I think what made me like deadpool was the short lived Deadpool And Cable series well the first half of it anyways, They gave him alot more depth as a character than what we've seen lately, He's gotten probably 50 times worse (crazy wise), and while I don't mind off the wall crazy everyone once in a while, it gets stale if it's not written very well, I'll give this mini a shot though, i'm curious as to what wackiness is going to happen when they're two deadpools in a room ( well even if ones a decapitated zombie) which coincidently I think is the reason for the mature rating

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By jefprice

Deadpool is all about drama, you just need to pay mind to what's happening. His back story and drama in his life is almost as dramatic as that of Tony Stark. To really 'GET' Wade, Cable & Deadpool is a must read. I'm surprised you're not at least a mild fan. I wasn't at first cause of who created him, but after all these years he just keeps growing on you.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jefprice
    @The Sadhu: I don't really agree, as long as he's done well, I'm all for it. Deadpool has always had Wolverine levels of potential and with a Deadpool movie now in the works they really need to get him out there and get people who don't know him as well as Wolverine, exposed to him as much as they can. 

Now if we can get them to push guys like Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit, Psylocke or Cannonball we'll be all set.
    Twiglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Twiglight
    @Tyler Starke said:
    "I like deadpool, but he's getting a little too overexposed in my opnion(and a few others), I thought the issue was so so, but I think it will pick up in #2, Damn babs you got some miracle grow Hair lol"

Overexposed.........What?

In reply to vid:
    Deadpool - Badass + funny = Enjoyable Character
    Thats why we like him XD
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Grendel
    @Babs said:
    And you get a five out of five for being so cordial in a review about a character that's so often overexposed, shoehorned into stories that have no need for a mercenary and many times just straight-up not funny. This guy needs another ongoing like Spiderman needs another clone of himself. Deadpool saturation is turning him into what  EddieBrock/Venom was in the early 90's.

This is why I love video reviews. As sweet as she was in the vid, her inflection and facial expressions said it all.

DiabolicVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DiabolicVision

i did'nt really like this issue all that much, not really enough action, but i'm looking foward to issue 2, just for the hilarity of deadpool with zombie headpool

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jefprice
    @Babs: I think you did fine. Good review from some one who's not a fan. I am a fan, so it would be much harder to give a objective review if that's not what I did every day all day Lol. I didn't think you were too harsh at all, I haven't read the book yet, but there are very few Deadpool books I would give more then 4 stars too. 
    deadkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deadkid

i'm  deadpool fan myself. can't wait  for his  solo movie.

YONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YONY

i liked when he said "im not gonna kill any radroachs or eat any mole rats" I LOVE FALL OUT 3!!!! it has to be one of the best games out right now, cant wait for Fall Out New Vegas.

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By The Sadhu
    @jefprice: Valid point!

I also agree on wanting to see Colossus get a well deserved push.
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Scourge
    I didn't even bother buying this. lol.
    Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dipic
    @Stealthpool said:
    Aww, wook at the wiittle butthurt fanboy.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#46  Edited By HaloKing343

You guys should review War Machine. I haven't seen you or Gman review that comic series yet. I'm interested to see your perspective of it.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jefprice
    @HaloKing343: I got one, worst Iron Man related comic EVER. Lol 5 years of making Ares respectable down the crapper. + they turn him into a freaking transformer.
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Your review is better than any Tom Cruise movie ever made... it's not a big compliment, but good. Gotta love DP.

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheBug
    @Stealthpool said:
    "If you have no sense of humor please don't review a Deadpool comic.Also, wtf is with people loving "drama?" If you watch(ed) "The Hills," please don't review a Deadpool comic."

Chill out fanboy. A review is an opinion. Not everybody is into Deadpool.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Media_Master

He is definitly a character that works in various serious situations so that his brand of humor shines out

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.