Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3322 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Can Deadpool Die?

• 95 results
    ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ranvage

As I recall, the only way to kill someone with a healing factor is to cut their oxygen supply. Which can achievable by cutting one’s head, for example.

In the Deadpool first series, Thanos wouldn’t let Wade die. Since the Titan was also in love with Death, he cursed the merc with life itself, rendering him immortality. Yet, there’ve been a decade since he last appeared in a Deadpool comic, or was even mentioned, making us wonder, did marvel forget their own storyline?

Now days the writers apply the healing factor itself as the reason Deadpool can’t die, and it’s ridiculous because it makes not only Wade, but Wolverine, Agent X and much others invincible. He restored himself from a headshot and an utterly body explosion induced by a vicious case of HULK SMASH.

I want to know if I’m missing something, because the idea of an army of immortal characters doesn’t sound very pleasing to me.

Can anyone explain me if DP can die and How? Or maybe the one missing something is Marvel itself.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ego

he can't die permanately because of thanos curse on him, not bc of the healing factor. 
    example 
    if deadpool stood near a nuke as it detonated his body would instantly eveporate. no time to heal from that. 
    however, since his soul can not be captured by death because of thanos,,, his soul manifests a new body from a different location of the world (at random)  

so deadpool can die but his soul creates a new body at a different location. he can phsyically walk back to the location and see his other dead body if he wants too. 

out of all of the earthings, juggernaut is the only one that can't die period. oblivion can't even kill that fuc*er.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Hazlenaut
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@Hazlenaut: he's evolved beyond death

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ego
    @Hazlenaut said:

@Ego: what about Mr Immortal

he's the same as deadpool. he can die, but can't however, both he and deadpool can be obliterated or erased by oblivion.
    ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ranvage

@Ego that's what I thought but the last series say otherwise.

That’s exactly why I implied the fact Thanos haven’t showed up in a decade in a DP comic. It feels like he was simply forgotten.

When Deadpool is talking to Wolverine, Logan says he cannot be killed, reinforcing the idea it’s the healing factor keeping him alive. There’s no way Wolverine would know about Thanos.

Can you see the inconsistence?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

How many times people have made this question in the forum?

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By luckydomino1

doesnt seem like he cant be killed i think there are ways to kill him they just havent explored it yet i think if he were blasted by a giant ray that turns anything into dust

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ranvage

He was blasted by a giant Hulk that turns anything into dust.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dhor

On of my reasons for bashing Wolverine and other characters with healing factor is because the writers forgot about imposing some limits. i mean what`s interesting about a character that cannot die? and let's say hulk throws Wolverine or Deadpool into the sun. what happens? they regenerate from a cell from the hair on their pillow or something? it`s just a retard concept : healing factor so high that nullifies death

another example of healing without limit is Sentry. in one instance he regenerates completely and in the next he get`s defeated by someone?:O how is that possible?

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ranvage

@Dhor I agree with you on that matter.

But not so long ago it was possible to kill Healing factor mutants by cutting their oxygem supply.

I really wonder why they changed it.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF

Yes. AoA Iceman claims he killed Deadpool by freezing his flesh off or something

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ranvage

We still waiting for further developments on this one...

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By luckydomino1

@Dhor: so you hate these healing factor charcter because they are badass and unstoppable great reason any way what you said is awesome the sun if somebody just droped them off on the sun they would die i think

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By Dracade102

Is it so different from dying if it's possible to permanently incapacitate him? Realistically his healing factor has to have some limit, even in the comic book universe... How the hell can he regenerate so many new cells out of nowhere so fast without passing out or anything?

FatBono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FatBono

Well, he has to die someday... I mean, everybody has to.

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By telepathic666

The real question is do we want him dead?

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ranvage

If my memmory serves me right, alternative DP dies in the Messiah War storyline.

His Healing Factor was no longer the same, since a thousand years have passed.

This fact supports the idea Marvel totally forgot about Thanos, applying the merc’s immortality to his healing factor alone.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chibio

Deadpool is my favorite character, so I feel bad for asking the question right now, but I simply can't remember anymore:
    Does Deadpool actually know that Thanos cursed him with life? Was there a moment when they met and Thanos also told him so? Or Death told him? I can't remember such a scene, so it would be logical if he would think that the healing factor prevents him from dying.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ranvage

@Chibio There's no such meeting.

Deadpool doesn't have a clue about Thanos hating him.

EpicAssassin90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EpicAssassin90

Well thanks to danial ways latest deadpool excreation he is suposed to die in an arc in issue 50 and onwards

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ranvage

Let's see how it goes.

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Well I thought it was solicitated as Deadpool setting out on a mission to successfully kill himself permanently. Maybe this is Marvel's way/chance at re-introducing the Thanos aspect of the story, and maybe have him and Deadpool meet face to face, with Thanos revealing to him that he cursed him with immortality. That would make for a decent story, so who knows.

Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lokheit
    @ranvage said:

@Ego that's what I thought but the last series say otherwise.

That’s exactly why I implied the fact Thanos haven’t showed up in a decade in a DP comic. It feels like he was simply forgotten.

When Deadpool is talking to Wolverine, Logan says he cannot be killed, reinforcing the idea it’s the healing factor keeping him alive. There’s no way Wolverine would know about Thanos.

Can you see the inconsistence?

He sorta appeared recently. I think it was when he decided to be a pirate. He had an allucination in which both the Death, and Thanos appeared. He wasn't physically there (in fact during that time the real Thanos was dead/inside the coccoon in possession of the universal church of truth) but was a reminder of DP situation and his realtion with the mad titan.
    charlespdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By charlespdk

@MetropolisKid41 said:

Well I thought it was solicitated as Deadpool setting out on a mission to successfully kill himself permanently. Maybe this is Marvel's way/chance at re-introducing the Thanos aspect of the story, and maybe have him and Deadpool meet face to face, with Thanos revealing to him that he cursed him with immortality. That would make for a decent story, so who knows.

I actually really like this idea though I doubt it will happen. The arc just sounds like another disappointing build up.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Yep that's what I was thinking as well. An arc that could be really sweet but will be plagued by some bad writing. It seems like writing Deadpool well is equivalent to rocket science nowadays, as good portrayals of the character are few and far between.

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

SPOILER

He is Dead, He died in the last Xforce issue. He got frozen and smashed into a million little pieces. Hes dead as of right this second.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Nope, no he is not at all. Check out some of the other posts and you'll see exactly why that is not the case at all. He's just fine. He'll be alive and kicking in the next issue.

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

How?

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ranvage

@Lokheit: He appeared, but only as Death's boyfriend, not a single relation to past events.

I didn't have many doubts, but after this discussion I'm sure Wade's immortality goes far as his countability for marvel.

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

I read all the coments on here and read the next X force book. He is dead as hell. He is actually dead and gone. Either age of appocolypse deadpool takes his place or the lifeseed is used to somehow bring him back. But besides that Age of appocolypse iceman killed deadpool. Now of course he is still alive in Ways book, but no one cares about that. Deadpool is dead. read x force 16 if you dont believe me.

charlespdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By charlespdk

@ssj2DeadPool: Do you understand how comic books work? Deadpool's continuity is tied closer to his solo title than the team book. In Deadpool Annual, we saw a version of Wade get blown up to pieces and somehow form together again. It's also possible that AoA Iceman will be able to bring all the pieces back together to allow them to heal together. We'll see how he comes back in X-Force #18.

Also, Iceman's method of killing Deadpool is the same method Way's Deadpool was seeking death- through total obliteration.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

@ssj2DeadPool: Dude. Seriously, Deadpool even appears on the cover of issue 18 itself. You call yourself a Deadpool fan and you believe he died simply because Iceman froze and then shattered him? Pardon me for saying this but, how thick-headed are you?

But if you still won't believe anyone else, here's reasons he can't be dead:

- He, in the current continuity, can't die. Healing factor + Thanos' curse make sure of that.

- He is still fine in his solo-title, even though this title sucks and has the worst Deadpool version ever in it. Nothing in Uncanny X-Force seems to reflect in his solo-title.

- Even in the Uncanny X-Force title itself he's still part of the team past issue 17. So unless they 'll have a ghost version of Deadpool with them, I'm pretty sure it's him. Check covers for issues 18, 19.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@ssjDeadPool: Dude, you obviously have not read any of the other posts if you can't comprehend that Thanos has made it impossible for him to die. If his body doesn't regenerate on the spot once the pieces thaw then a new body will pop up across the earth with his soul attached to it and he'll be back. We've seen this dozens of times. He is not dead at all. As kill happy as Marvel is, if they did kill him there would be a huge press release so that UXF went to 5 printings, and it would have been solicited as "The Death of Deadpool." Trust me, he is in no way dead.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ranvage

@ShirEPanjshir said:

@ssj2DeadPool: Dude. Seriously, Deadpool even appears on the cover of issue 18 itself. You call yourself a Deadpool fan and you believe he died simply because Iceman froze and then shattered him? Pardon me for saying this but, how thick-headed are you?

But if you still won't believe anyone else, here's reasons he can't be dead:

- He, in the current continuity, can't die. Healing factor + Thanos' curse make sure of that.

- He is still fine in his solo-title, even though this title sucks and has the worst Deadpool version ever in it. Nothing in Uncanny X-Force seems to reflect in his solo-title.

- Even in the Uncanny X-Force title itself he's still part of the team past issue 17. So unless they 'll have a ghost version of Deadpool with them, I'm pretty sure it's him. Check covers for issues 18, 19.

@MetropolisKid41 said:

@ssjDeadPool: Dude, you obviously have not read any of the other posts if you can't comprehend that Thanos has made it impossible for him to die. If his body doesn't regenerate on the spot once the pieces thaw then a new body will pop up across the earth with his soul attached to it and he'll be back. We've seen this dozens of times. He is not dead at all. As kill happy as Marvel is, if they did kill him there would be a huge press release so that UXF went to 5 printings, and it would have been solicited as "The Death of Deadpool." Trust me, he is in no way dead.

Nothing else to add.

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

I didnt know that Thanos curse thing, that is stupid.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MetropolisKid41

No the Thanos curse thing is cool. It helps to read the entire thread before posting.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ranvage

It would be cool if they worked on it again.

I mean, it has been more than a decade!

Give us some light bout the matter. Please Marvel!

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

Its dumb dude, its just another showing of poor comic writing. Oh yea this character gets smashed into a million pieces that his powers normally would not let him heal from, yet he can come back because wait for it, THANOS, you know, the guy with the infinity guantlet? yea him, he cursed deadpool, so now he cant die. That is retarded. And yes I did read the whole thread and I didnt see it. please forgive my insolence. I will flog myself immediatly for my transgressions.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ranvage

@ssj2DeadPool: Well friend, if you read Deadpool old series, you would see that the curse was actually a great development by marvel writers.

Since both of them love the same person, Death, and Death loves wade back, nothing would make more sense than curse the merc with life, preventing him from stealing his beloved.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By emperorznb

@ranvage: Deadpool doesn't love Death, Death only loves Deadpool. And I don't know if Deadpool is Mr. Immortal kind even if Deadpool's head would be cut off, but he is immortal in terms of longevity. In the future, some have seen an 800 year old deadpool still kicking ass ^^.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ranvage

@emperorznb: if you read Deadpool & Death Annual - 1998, you'll see they both love eachother.

And if you read the older posts you'll see he can't die.

Thanks for the answer though.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@ssj2DeadPool: You have no idea what you're talking about, until 5 of us pointed it out to you 2 times each you had no idea about the Thanos curse. How can you call something dumb and bad writing if you've never even read it? Didn't you ever read the story Green Eggs & Ham growing up? Don't knock it until you try it.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44  Edited By Ganthetsward20

i really hope he cant, but i hope this deadpool copy thats been brought to life cant be either, an enemy that may give deadpool another purpose in the MARVEL universe, right? Do the same rules apply to this new deadpool because they're parts of him????

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Hard to say, I would say that Evil Deadpool will have the super healing factor that makes it extremely difficult for him to die, but as far as the Thanos curse that depends on how the writers decide to deal with it. To me the curse is on Deadpool's soul, so that his soul is immortal and not his body, that is why he continues to come back when his body is completely vaporized. So to me that wouldn't apply to his body or lost body parts, those only have the healing factor. We've seen him just have a new body pop up across the globe for his soul to occupy, otherwise at least in my eyes we'd have a ton of regenerated Deadpool bodies walking around that were essentially zombies. But who knows, maybe the writers won't even address that. Only time will tell I guess :P

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By emperorznb

@ranvage: Actually, I read it just this morning and you're right XD... Maybe now he's on par with Mr. Immortal only more badass and comedic ^^

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@protect_yourself: Would that kill Deadpool? NO. It would destroy his body, and it wouldn't regenerate, but his soul/personality would just inhabit a new body that would pop up on earth. Would it kill evil Deadpool? I would say yes, but we've yet to see his immortality explored.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ranvage

@MetropolisKid41: Actually, if you think about it, nothing on evil Deadpool makes sense so far.

I mean, as you said, if for every Deadpool piece a new Deadpool would emerge, we would have a zombie army by now.

Let's wait and see how it is explainned and dealt with.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MetropolisKid41

I'm really hoping that this is the arc that turns the book around and gets it going again in the right direction. I can dream can't I? :P

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ranvage

Living is dreaming my friends. Living is dreaming...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.