Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Can Deadpool be sedated?

Spellca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spellca2

I am working on a sprite comic involving Deadpool and I want to be as accurate as possible So, does Deadpool's insane healing factor prevent him from being sedated?
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By N7_Normandy

I'm pretty sure healing factor prevents Wolverine from being sedated, so I assume the same principle applies to Deadpool

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Presumably, yes.  He could be rendered unconscious... but any toxins in his body would be quickly countered.   

It's up to you if you how you want to interpret his healing factor... would he stay asleep because he was tired or lazy?  Or would he instantly wake up because there's nothing in his blood stream keeping him sedated?  

Spellca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spellca2

Is there any way to knock him out or make him unresponsive?
    Spellca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spellca2
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "Presumably, yes.  He could be rendered unconscious... but any toxins in his body would be quickly countered.    It's up to you if you how you want to interpret his healing factor... would he stay asleep because he was tired or lazy?  Or would he instantly wake up because there's nothing in his blood stream keeping him sedated?   "

Hmmm...considering for comic reasons, I can put Batman, Iron Man and Mister Fantastic in a room - so in theory, I could create a reason to weaken the healing factor. But, I would like to keep it as canon as possible.
    Avatar image for morita_shunsuke
    Morita Shunsuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Morita Shunsuke

I'm pretty sure he could be sedated with a very higher than average dose.. Maybe something to sedate horses or higher but he would wake up early.. The best way would be to sedate him and keep him that way by maintaining the sedative constant I'd say

Spellca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spellca2

Alright, I'll throw something together. Thanks guys.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

In his first appearance he was easily taken down by having 3 knives thrown in his back... Although he's written with more stamina these days, it goes to show that an initial attack can have an impact... just not a very sustained one ;)

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#9  Edited By Deadcool

No Caption Provided
    In Cable and Deadpool issues he had been sedated several times...
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By The Lobster
    @Deadcool said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    In Cable and Deadpool issues he had been sedated several times... "
    Yeah but in the Cable and Deadpool series Deadpool also had memory problems, so who knows what's official and what's not.
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

@The Lobster : oh jeez. That problem was fixed too. Everything happened.
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By mavfan626

Short answer Yes with a but, long no with a What if. 

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#13  Edited By Deadcool
    @Abnormally Warm Guy:  GOOD =)
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By PowerHerc

Hopefully.

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#15  Edited By Deadknight

As far as I can tell, "sedated" for Deadpool is more easily done with just outright trying to kill him. If you're going to take the time to slip him a sedative, then a strong enough poison will probably work just as well. I at least recall that in his most recent running series of Deadpool, he was knocked out on several seperate occasions, a couple of times simply by severe injuries resulting in death (though of course temporary for him), another time by poison, and also once by a roofie that Domino slipped him. It's still up to you of how you interpret his healing factor, but knocking Deadpool out is at least pretty possible in his most recent incarnation. Also: 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

A big enough dose of some high level neurotoxin should do it.
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He regenerates, what mean you can hurt him, poison him and also sedate him.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By The Lobster
    @Abnormally Warm Guy:  It wasn't the fact that it was fixed that was the problem, it was the fact that it came out of nowhere. Deadpool had never had memory problems before the series started, so why did he all of a sudden just randomly have memory problems? I don't even think the writer gave an answer behind it, he just decided to throw that in there with no explanation and then get rid of it as soon as possible. Kind of like what Daniel Way did with adding the multiple voices....no reason why he has them, the writer just decide to throw them in. Although apparently Daniel Way is going to explain how he got them in the next issue so I guess he learned from Fabian's mistake. 

I loved the Cable and Deadpool series don't get me wrong, it's one of the greatest comic book friendships ever written but my main grip with it was that Fabian just kind of seemed to do whatever he want and ignore all previous continuity and add no explanation why. In Cable and Deadpool, Deadpool has a memory problem despite never having it before in any issue written before. In Cable and Deadpool, Deadpool's mom died and his father was a jerk only to die in a bar fight years later, despite the one issue where Deadpool met his father in a bar. I don't have a problem changing things that have been established before hand, but at least explain why. With Cable and Deadpool....there was no explanation behind the change, just change.
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@N7_Normandy said:
    " I'm pretty sure healing factor prevents Wolverine from being sedated, so I assume the same principle applies to Deadpool "
    no it just makes it harder for them to be sedated not impossible
    also deadpool can be easily sedated with two simple things inserted in his head #1 a carbonadium bullet (see Wolverine Origins) or #2 something sending out an electric frequency so that it messes up with his brainwaves (see the Daniel Way Deadpool series).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.