Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Cable and Deadpool an ongoing?

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

in the most recent issue of "previews" they Cable's "new series title" is... CABLE AND DEADPOOL.

I'm excited because I like this team up. I hate it because that makes five....

I'm done! No more completeionism for me!

I'll probably get this and Deadpool and leave it at that.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The Lobster

I dropped Daniel Way's Deadpool because he obviously doesn't understand the character and only views Deadpool as another series for him to make money off of. I'm not a big fan of his comedy either, sure he's got the situational comedy down but when it comes to the verbal stuff....he severely lacks. His merc with a mouth has no mouth, just voices that say all the jokes for him. 

I also dropped team up because out of all those issues, only one was good. The Hercules one was good, the Wrestlers one had too much dialogue and was tough to read, the Ghost Riders one had two decent moments, and the only good thing about the new one was the art, which was only....good. I'm done with that series. if you haven't showed off what you have to offer in four issues then I'm pretty sure that it won't be getting better, the only thing that could get me to buy an issue from that series would be if Gail Simone or Joe Kelly wrote it. 

So right now I'm only getting Deadpool MWAM, and I'll be picking up The Deadpool Corps, but that's pretty much it.

Avatar image for capo_del_bandito
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: 

I thought "Cable" was ending on issue 25 and Deadpool was just guest staring?
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Capo_Del_Bandito: you're right. Never mind.
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: I also have an assortment of rocks I hit people with.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Capo_Del_Bandito: cool. Can you hit Joe Quesada with them?
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: For his fucktarding around with Spider-Man?
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By The Mast

Again with the Quesada hate.

One More Day/Brand New Day was utter garbage, yes. Still, Spider-Man de-masking was one of the events that made Civil War  AND his involvement in it, so important. The event needed it, but Spider-Man couldn't have gone on with everyone knowing his identity.

It wasn't pretty, but Quesada did what he needed to do. It's done, over with and eventually Spidey will be back as he always was.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Capo_Del_Bandito: basically. Amongest other things.
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By mavfan626

its never a bad series when it come to cable and deadpool that pair it seems are just a great team up!  

Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @The Mast: How about his 'let's over saturate the market with Deadpool crap"?

Or his "Let's hand over the entirety of the Marvel universe over to Bendis who can barely write anyone except Spider-Man?"

Oh oh I know! "Let's have an all new all different X-Men, have great changes to the status quo and then hire someone who willingly takes the team right back to the 70's because he 'wants to be true to how the team was 30 years ago'?

How about 'jamming in tons of crossovers into events that make little to no sense? Who cares about the ongoing series' plot points (If they have them, Way doesn't, he seems to rely on them for Deadpool) and just jam the event's title on them instead of letting the writers tell a god damn story'?
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Mast
    @Capo_Del_Bandito:  How about learning the internal dynamics of Marvel and actually talking to someone that works there, like I have, before you go making wild accusations that make you foolish and ungrateful? Does that work for you?

Bendis' writing ability is subjective, if you like how he writes, you'll usually like who he writes. He does a terrific Daredevil, Loki, Spider-Man, Cap (Pretty much anyone on his books at the moment), in my opinion.  Bendis carried the more recent events, including Siege, on his back and they could have been FAR worse. I didn't like House of M and I didn't particularly dig The Avengers: Disassembled, but I thought Dark Reign and Secret Invasion were excellent. They were flawed, but excellent. You never really get perfect arcs unless it's ONE writer doing ONE character who he has a gift for.

The X-Men have always been shit, I've never liked them and I never will. Only writers that attempt to change them, like Morrison, do a good job. Fraction is a great writer and he's writing a shit X-Men title, that's just how it is.

What do you mean "little to no sense"? Did you have trouble following Dark Reign and Siege or something? If you're referring to continuity errors, then yes there will always be some when there's a universe that intertwines as often as Marvel do it. Fred Van Lente said himself when I interviewed him that it's hard enough to make it all mesh together as well as it does, and I for one see how hard these people work and appreciate them for it. Unless the continuity error is a complete, major fuck up, you shouldn't really be bitching about it. Sure, they can be jarring, but for all the effort they put in, they do most of it well.

Regarding the crossovers; there are countless meetings where by permission needs to be granted and everything needs to be agreed upon by a multitude of writers. It's not Quesada sitting there, swirling an expensive liquor in a glass, wondering whose franchise he can fuck over next. Brubaker and Bendis continually say that when so many different writers are sometimes sharing characters, they ask each other for ideas or if it'd be ok to do somethng. Quesada isn't jabbing them with a hot poker and making them do things to avoid writing on-going stories. A lot of the characters are involved in Dark Reign/Siege, so obviously their on-goings will be intertwined, that makes perfect sense. The exact opposite of what you claim it is.

Daredevil has been untouched, relatively, by all these crossovers. He has had a staggeringly good run of writers AND arcs, Quesada even worked on it personally. It didn't explode or self-destruct, so seriously, drop the Quesada hatred. It's getting ridiculous.

With regards to Deadpool, I'm going to say this now because if I don't, I doubt anyone will. Look, I've loved Deadpool since I was about six or seven years old. I read X-Force #2, his second appearance, when it came out. I own every single comic he has ever been in. Yes, it pains me to see how despicably Deadpool is being treated, but in all honesty dude, stop throwing your toys out of the pushchair. Nobody is saying we have to like it or buy it, or that we cannot voice complaints, but to continually harp on like Daniel Way and Joe Quesada are Mephisto and Blackheart is honestly pathetic. I see you do it on The Deadpool Bugle all the damn time. You make some very good points, but you make them every day on every post. It's not once in a while, and it certainly won't change anything. What will go a long way to change is you not paying attention to the current Deadpool comics, not buying them. Someone's buying 'em or they'd not sell 'em, or sell OUT.

Deadpool means more to me than having every issue he's in anymore. Maybe I'll go back and get them on eBay someday, but until Marvel realise that this shit isn't gonna fly, I'm not buying anything besides his main series (Because it IS his main series and I'd rather have someone take it over than it be cancelled). I'd advise you to do the same, I'd advise you to do lots of things you aren't doing, like chilling out or researching the topic before you go ranting about it.
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @The Mast:

Bendis does a thing.   
    You know, a thing.
    That thing with a thing?
    No the other thing.

And repeat ad nauseum, for the first 30 or 35 issues I picked up on New Avengers.

Quesada makes the decisions, or at least approves them, therefor he's pretty respondible for the horrid shit that comes out.

Secret Invasion was outright garbage, especially with the bringing back of Mockingbird. And Bendis can't really write the "Dark Avengers" for shit, and what he can't write, he outright changes, like Cap Marvel and Bullseye. 

And Way is a hack writer. Period.

As for my postings on the Bugle, exaggeration fail there. I post a few times in one thread. And then a few days later, in another.

Talk about blowing things outta proportion.

Oh snap, hypocrite post!
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Mast
    @Capo_Del_Bandito: You need to stop speaking so matter-of-factly about the quality of writers, really. You just come of as a presumptuous, ungrateful snide with a delusional sense of entitlement. 

Secret Invasion was great. See? See how everything in this debate, taste wise, comes down to opinion? You may wish to recognise this before you reload your peashooter and come after me again, sir.

Have you ever have a conversation or interview with anybody at Marvel? If you haven't, I have one up on you. I suggest you spend time researching the shit instead of guessing how it all works. They do a tough job and they work hard at it, mostly for us. 

I notice how you literally dodged absolutely every other point I made. Bullseye couldn't hit you with a point, that's how good you are at dodging. For the record, I think he writes an awesome Bullseye. He hasn't changed him that much.
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @The Mast: Oh you mean like interviews with the staff and the editors and whatnot? 

Yeah, got you there to.

I don't care for Daredevil, the same way you don't care for X-Men. 

And of course, you miss the point of the business, as they work hard for money. The same reason they push all the crossovers and everything: It sells. Deadpool sells, so they push shit out. 

I'll expand: Secret Invasion was convoluted, boring, filled with deus ex machinas (a real big sign of sloppy writing), and was based on "SHOCK SHOCK SHOOOOCK!" 

Just like with Way, there's sloppy writing, convoluted messes, and pointless deaths. 

And of course, with all these crossovers, there is supposed to be BIG ASTOUNDING CHANGES...and then nothing that really lasts beyond the year. 

Editor in Chief, one of the big things he's supposed to do, is go over all these changes, approve what is done, etc etc. When he allows shit like this to go down, it shows it's for the money, not for the stories. And it's sad because people eat this shit up. Just like all the Deadpool covers.

As for the continuity: Bendis and a few others pretty much say "Fuck all that, here, we're going this direction".

Little things I can understand. Character personality changes, ignoring continuity, fucking around and doing what you feel like for the sake of a plot, pretty weak. 

Avengers: Disassembled was a big "this"
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mutant X
    @The Mast said:
    " What will go a long way to change is you not paying attention to the current Deadpool comics, not buying them. Someone's buying 'em or they'd not sell 'em, or sell OUT.  Deadpool means more to me than having every issue he's in anymore. Maybe I'll go back and get them on eBay someday, but until Marvel realise that this shit isn't gonna fly, I'm not buying anything besides his main series (Because it IS his main series and I'd rather have someone take it over than it be cancelled). I'd advise you to do the same, I'd advise you to do lots of things you aren't doing, like chilling out or researching the topic before you go ranting about it. "
    I wish I could do that. Lol. I can't help but getting every single comic he appears in.
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Mast
    @Capo_Del_Bandito said:
    " @The Mast: Oh you mean like interviews with the staff and the editors and whatnot?   Yeah, got you there to.  I don't care for Daredevil, the same way you don't care for X-Men.   And of course, you miss the point of the business, as they work hard for money. The same reason they push all the crossovers and everything: It sells. Deadpool sells, so they push shit out.   I'll expand: Secret Invasion was convoluted, boring, filled with deus ex machinas (a real big sign of sloppy writing), and was based on "SHOCK SHOCK SHOOOOCK!"   Just like with Way, there's sloppy writing, convoluted messes, and pointless deaths.   And of course, with all these crossovers, there is supposed to be BIG ASTOUNDING CHANGES...and then nothing that really lasts beyond the year.   Editor in Chief, one of the big things he's supposed to do, is go over all these changes, approve what is done, etc etc. When he allows shit like this to go down, it shows it's for the money, not for the stories. And it's sad because people eat this shit up. Just like all the Deadpool covers.  As for the continuity: Bendis and a few others pretty much say "Fuck all that, here, we're going this direction".  Little things I can understand. Character personality changes, ignoring continuity, fucking around and doing what you feel like for the sake of a plot, pretty weak.   Avengers: Disassembled was a big "this" "
    Yeah? With who? I'd like proof. I have proof of my interviews, do you?

Of course they work hard for money, don't pull THAT cliched old nonsense out on me. You can work for money (Bit of an obvious choice) and do it for satisfaction of others. I've met a great deal of writers and I've taste insincerity. You can usually tell when a writer doesn't give a shit. It shows in their work. Bendis has been around for absolutely ages, his style is well known. People obviously like it because it's continually in the top selling comics. Now, I'm not saying sales = good, I'm saying look who buys them. New and long-time fans alike. He divides opinion, it's not all one sided hate.

You can expand like a fat man sucking an air hose for all I care, pal! It's not going to change the fact that I really liked Secret Invasion. I'm not saying Bendis is perfect, I'm saying you need to stop talking so matter-of-factly. Your opinion of something you read is just that, recognise this.

Who said big and astonishing changes have to last throughout a year? The purpose of a change is to happen. The Death of Superman was a massively astonishing development, it lasted about five minutes. That didn't mean it was any less huge.

This is where you fall flat on your face: "When he allows shit like this to go down, it shows it's for the money, not for the stories. And it's sad because people eat this shit up.". Are you daring to suggest everything Quesada does is shit, and we're all idiots for liking it? What if a truly smart, long-time comics fan doesn't have any problem with Quesada, and enjoys what Marvel has been doing? What then? Your argument falls out the window. Why? Because your argument is about you, you, a thousand times you. Your argument is predecated on: "I want this to happen how I want it to happen, because it's what I want.". I want to take Batgirl Babs off to Fiji to live on an island and sip cocktails, but that's not on the cards either. You can't always get what you want, and you clearly are the kind of fan who just loves to bitch. Will you actually stop reading Deadpool, entirely? If not, you literally have no right to complain. You read The Deadpool Bugle, you post on the Deadpool section at Comic Vine and you bitch, piss and moan about all of his CURRENT issues. Why don't you give yourself NOTHING to bitch about and stop reading all the shit you dislike?

It's such a simple solution.

As for the continuity thing you just said, do you have any legitimate proof of that, or are you just talking lots of bullshit out of your ass again? Avengers: Disassembled was one arc, and it paved the way for what myself and many others believe were multiple refreshing arcs. For once The Avengers feel fresh. To me it actually does feel like the dawning of a new age for the team and for heroes. I've been around enough to know what's a marketing ploy and what isn't, so maybe you need to stop acting like everything you perceive Marvel as is fact, and realise it's just your rather stupid opinion.

Don't go around misquoting people, Capo. It's really not polite. Can you actually quote Bendis or ANY other writer besides Way saying that they don't give a shit about continuity? If you can't, stop saying: "They do this, they do that.". You just come off like a bored, gossiping crone in a knitting circle.

I respect that hardly any of my legitimate points are going to be replied to, because you're like the KFC Crispy Strip of Comic Vine; all chicken with no backbone. No offense, but you are. Smarmy comments might work against people like Micigniter who can't spell, but hello, I'm The Mast and I'm quite tired of your shit.
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @The Mast: My bad, I thought you were talking about reading interviews. Those I read by the ton. Taking'em? Not so much.

You said they work hard to make us happy. That's where you made no sense. They work for, like you said, job satisfaction (or to write a character they enjoy) or for a paycheck.

The marketing however, of the changes were supposed to be 'earth shattering' and 'forever change marvel comics!". Of course they have to make it appealing, but it's overhyped garbage for the most part, with temporary status quo changes, then everything goes back to normal. 

As for what I expanded on, i was stating that it was bad as in bad writing. Sloppy, etc etc. You can like bland and cliched and deus ex machinas out the ass. Hell, people love Twilight and Avatar for that kinda crap. Whether you like it or not comes down to opinion, sure. But whether it's cliched hollywood writing, fanfic based crap, or scribbles on the toilet wall, there's a basic idea of what a story should be. Whether it meets personal standards, etc is somethign else entirely.

And with Secret Invasion, Avengers Disassembled, and even a good chunk of civil war, they just sorta were focusing on sales and 'rocking our world' and not so much the story.

I didn't say, suggest or hint that everything Quesada does is shit.  For the last few years, yeah, he's been making weird and money making decisions over story based ones. Hell, the Brand New Day stuff is one of the biggest and weirdest fuckups ever.

As for the type of fan I am: Swing and a miss! You've only seen part of what I talk about. But ya haven't heard me talk about the stuff I do enjoy. So there's the 'making assumptions" bit you were accusing me of earlier.

As for the Continuity: I could go and write a rather big bit of it, as well as Bendis saying "Hey fuck character continuity". As for the quotes I have on that? Nada, because I'm basing it off the writing itself and comparing it to what's been done. It's very simple: Look at what he's doing with it, and compare it to what's been done. My "he says fuck continiuty" is hyperbole. Not literal quotes. 

Smarmy comments aside, you make some weird ass insults. Crone in a knitting cirlce? Really?  Add some flavor to it man.

You're the Mast, and you're quite full of yourself and *great* at misinterpreting or reading into what's been said, and that's CUTE! I respect you for it! Really!

Sorry the smarmy bastard button came back on.

Either way, you're a self inflated buffon who really likes convoluted tripe. Oh snap.
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Mast
    @Capo_Del_Bandito said:

" @The Mast: My bad, I thought you were talking about reading interviews. Those I read by the ton. Taking'em? Not so much.  You said they work hard to make us happy. That's where you made no sense. They work for, like you said, job satisfaction (or to write a character they enjoy) or for a paycheck.  The marketing however, of the changes were supposed to be 'earth shattering' and 'forever change marvel comics!". Of course they have to make it appealing, but it's overhyped garbage for the most part, with temporary status quo changes, then everything goes back to normal.   As for what I expanded on, i was stating that it was bad as in bad writing. Sloppy, etc etc. You can like bland and cliched and deus ex machinas out the ass. Hell, people love Twilight and Avatar for that kinda crap. Whether you like it or not comes down to opinion, sure. But whether it's cliched hollywood writing, fanfic based crap, or scribbles on the toilet wall, there's a basic idea of what a story should be. Whether it meets personal standards, etc is somethign else entirely.  And with Secret Invasion, Avengers Disassembled, and even a good chunk of civil war, they just sorta were focusing on sales and 'rocking our world' and not so much the story.   I didn't say, suggest or hint that everything Quesada does is shit.  For the last few years, yeah, he's been making weird and money making decisions over story based ones. Hell, the Brand New Day stuff is one of the biggest and weirdest fuckups ever.   As for the type of fan I am: Swing and a miss! You've only seen part of what I talk about. But ya haven't heard me talk about the stuff I do enjoy. So there's the 'making assumptions" bit you were accusing me of earlier.  As for the Continuity: I could go and write a rather big bit of it, as well as Bendis saying "Hey fuck character continuity". As for the quotes I have on that? Nada, because I'm basing it off the writing itself and comparing it to what's been done. It's very simple: Look at what he's doing with it, and compare it to what's been done. My "he says fuck continiuty" is hyperbole. Not literal quotes.   Smarmy comments aside, you make some weird ass insults. Crone in a knitting cirlce? Really?  Add some flavor to it man.  You're the Mast, and you're quite full of yourself and *great* at misinterpreting or reading into what's been said, and that's CUTE! I respect you for it! Really!  Sorry the smarmy bastard button came back on.  Either way, you're a self inflated buffon who really likes convoluted tripe. Oh snap. "

Now, how does what I said make no sense? Have you ever produced anything for public consumption? Something that you enjoyed working on and something you've created that needs people to like it? That's what a comic medium is. If Bendis wanted to sit at home writing shit he thought was awesome, he could do so without a care in the world and without worrying about us, the fans. The fact is, when he chose to make this a career, he chose to divide his aims between himself AND those who will be buying his work. Artists (In any sense) should always work to produce something that THEY find pleasing, but in a career where you rely heavily on sales, you need to please people. If you had ever been in this position, you'd know that if you have ANY passion for what you produce, seeing people rip the shit out of it is no fun, even if it's a best selling comic. If everyone who made Siege #1  the top selling comic in America, hated it, do you think Bendis would be like: "I don't give a shit."? Answer me honestly, do you think that's what he'd think? You and I both know that it is absolutely not what he would so. So, your claim that writers are about the money is unfounded and ridiculous. I know you won't retract it, so I'll just leave it to fester.

Find me where it says that the events will forever change Marvel Comics, because it always refers to the Marvel Universe. If you had any sense of marketing savvy, you'd know that the events they hype up as world-changing or historic often apply to the characters. World-changing for THE CHARACTERS. Ares dying didn't really shake us to the core, but it will change Phobos forever. It will change his character forever. THIS is how they mean it, but you obviously can't understand the concept of layered marketing. So, I forgive you. You're now one step more educated than prior.

No, see, this is where you get confused. "Bad" is subjective in terms of quality. Unless you can provide undeniable truths regarding how bad his writing is, stop sitting there talking to me as if Bendis is factually a bad writer, then passing it off as: "If you wanna like bad writing, go ahead.". I think Britney Spears makes bad music, that's by no means fact. He isn't perfect, he IS flawed as a writer, but he's not what you are making him out to be, in my opinion. Your opinion of his style is not fact. Your opinion that it's bland, Hollywood writing and fanfic-based (Factually it isn't) crap is just that, your opinion. There is nothing in your post, nor in this world, that makes that any more credible or true than me saying the opposite if I so chose. If you have countering facts and undeniable truths to back up your claims, bring them to the table, please. Because the sound of your scrap-searching plate-scraping is grating to me. 

Additionally, why are you bitching about a Hollywood style of writing when it's Marvel's most upfront and prolific writer we're talking about here? That's like criticising Foo Fighters for making radio-friendly rock instead of progressive jazz-fusion in odd time signatures. If you go into Siege expecting the kind of shit you'd read in an Alan Moore, Grant Morrison or Daniel Clowes comic, then you're an idiot. Avatar's story was basic, with some terrible dialogue. It wasn't ever meant to be anything more then a serviceable framework for the quite undeniably otherworldly visuals. Just because people enjoyed the experience, doesn't mean they think it's on par with The Godfather. Just because I love Siege, doesn't mean I'm sitting here holding it up to Watchmen.

It's a mainstream crossover in one of the two biggest comic corporations of all time. What do you honestly expect? Esoteric musings on inter-connectedness? If you pick up Siege and expect anything less than familiarity, then you're a naive fool. Then again, that's why most of us are here, because the familiarity Marvel tends to give us makes us happy. Isn't that why you hate Way; because he's turned Deadpool into a character we can barely recognise? In all fairness, I've punctured your argument enough within the last few paragraphs, but you are such a delusional "fan", giving many of us a bad name, that I'm going to continue telling you why your argument is bullshit.

I haven't heard you talk about the stuff you enjoy because you never seem to. All I've ever seen you do is bitch. That's not my fault.

Yeah, as I thought; your Bendis quoting was nothing but reading between the lines. You know what you should do? Read the actual lines. They're much more informative. I'm discussing what we know from actual facts, you are discussing what you're assuming from your biased opinion of the man. It's just making you look petty and desperate. Also, it wasn't intended as an insult, but as a genuine observation. You're like an old lady in a knitting circle, gossiping about people she claims to hate, but can't stop speaking about. 

Oh wait, one more thing that you've never answered even though I've asked you so many times. What's your plan regarding Deadpool? Still gonna read all the "shit" they pump out? What's the deal there? Are you actually going to stop reading this material that you renounce so heavily, or are you going to continue reading it so that you can cry, whine and puke about how disgusting it is that "we" eat this shit up?

Buffon? Buffon is the Italian goalkeeper.

I'll let you off though, this time. Reply to whatever you feel brave enough to reply to, run away from that which you don't, but please answer the bolded text.
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @The Mast: It's CUTE!

Like I said, Bendis' 'fuck continuity' was hyperbole based on how he treats the characters, ignores previously established behaviors/etc. The most recent example I can think of is Nohr-Var, turning him from a militaristic 'i'm going to do th is shit my way' to a unsure quiet mouse of a character in the few issues of Dark Avengers he was in. Again, I never said it was a direct quote, you mistook it as such as you seem to mistake a lot of things. But you're forgiven.

As for hollywood writing/etc i was using that as an example. But you read too much into that.  

As for the marketing hype, when I still picked up previews, the things for Civil War and Secret Invasion specifically, I remember saying "Will change the marvel universe!" or "Will change the way you see the marvel universe" or "Alter the way you see your favorite characters' from Civil War. As I said: Overhyped bullshit that lasts for a few months, than is ignored rightiously. 

For the most part, the crossovers are underwhelming, rely too heavily on shock and deus ex machinas to save the day, and on getting people to read them based on the hype and shock. If you like picking it up for the shooooock value of "AN AVENGER WILL DIE" or "THIS IS THE ISSUE THAT WILL CHANGE THE MARVEL U",  that's all you. But when you're relying on shock and trying to one-up the last shock you did, that *is* bad writing.

I forgot to mention: near perfect stories with multiple member casts? Morrison's X-Men, Buisiek (SP i'm sure) Avengers was damn near perfect. Geoff Johns JSA (though I believe a lot of it *was* co-written by Goyer), and probably a lot of others I have on the shelf but I'm not going to pull up at the moment.

As for you're saying I only bitch, etc, and that's all you see, at least you admitted that, but in theory, you should try to find a well rounded opinion after researching, like you're saying I should do, before you guess 'what type of reader I am'.

And no, i dropped Way's Deadpool mid-way through the X-Men arc as it was highly retarded and predictable. Been advising others to do the same. I'd rather have no Deadpool and hope someone reboots it like Punisher or the like in a few years instead of it constantly being fucked up beyond all recognition. 

*Buffoon. Forgive the typos if you will.

And really, aiming for a 'bravery' bit? Come on man. Again: add some flavor. If you're going to attempt to insult me, at least make it colorful.
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Mast
    @Capo_Del_Bandito said:
    " @The Mast: It's CUTE!  Like I said, Bendis' 'fuck continuity' was hyperbole based on how he treats the characters, ignores previously established behaviors/etc. The most recent example I can think of is Nohr-Var, turning him from a militaristic 'i'm going to do th is shit my way' to a unsure quiet mouse of a character in the few issues of Dark Avengers he was in. Again, I never said it was a direct quote, you mistook it as such as you seem to mistake a lot of things. But you're forgiven.  As for hollywood writing/etc i was using that as an example. But you read too much into that.    As for the marketing hype, when I still picked up previews, the things for Civil War and Secret Invasion specifically, I remember saying "Will change the marvel universe!" or "Will change the way you see the marvel universe" or "Alter the way you see your favorite characters' from Civil War. As I said: Overhyped bullshit that lasts for a few months, than is ignored rightiously.   For the most part, the crossovers are underwhelming, rely too heavily on shock and deus ex machinas to save the day, and on getting people to read them based on the hype and shock. If you like picking it up for the shooooock value of "AN AVENGER WILL DIE" or "THIS IS THE ISSUE THAT WILL CHANGE THE MARVEL U",  that's all you. But when you're relying on shock and trying to one-up the last shock you did, that *is* bad writing.   I forgot to mention: near perfect stories with multiple member casts? Morrison's X-Men, Buisiek (SP i'm sure) Avengers was damn near perfect. Geoff Johns JSA (though I believe a lot of it *was* co-written by Goyer), and probably a lot of others I have on the shelf but I'm not going to pull up at the moment.  As for you're saying I only bitch, etc, and that's all you see, at least you admitted that, but in theory, you should try to find a well rounded opinion after researching, like you're saying I should do, before you guess 'what type of reader I am'.  And no, i dropped Way's Deadpool mid-way through the X-Men arc as it was highly retarded and predictable. Been advising others to do the same. I'd rather have no Deadpool and hope someone reboots it like Punisher or the like in a few years instead of it constantly being fucked up beyond all recognition.   *Buffoon. Forgive the typos if you will.  And really, aiming for a 'bravery' bit? Come on man. Again: add some flavor. If you're going to attempt to insult me, at least make it colorful. "

He turned him into that character because if you even read the series, the Noh-Varr that joined the Dark Avengers was not the one that left. He was an arrogant, cock-sure kid who never really had a grasp of any responsibility. When he realised he was batting for the wrong side (Not in that way), it was a major reality check and he took off feeling rather disillusioned. How is that turning him into a quiet mouse? How is throwing down with Sentry, shyness? You don't have the foggiest of ideas what you're talking about.

You never said it was a direct quote, so you should have said so. Burden of explanation falls on you. Debate 101, hey, welcome.

Why were you using it as an example, then, if everything you just said regarding it was complete and utter bullshit? Don't just brush it off, clarify what you mean.

Lasted a few months? The fallout from Civil War is what caused Secret Invasion, which caused Dark Reign, which caused Siege. Do you read comics? Maybe you're in the wrong place, maybe SolicitVine is where you need to be, since that's clearly all you read. Civil War happened in '06/'07. How is that lasting a few months? The heroes fucked up and have been paying for it majorly, and continue to in Siege. NOTHING was ignored righteously.  Explain your basis for this, please.

So now stories aren't allowed to let shock or suspense deliver any of their potency? What exactly are you basing your judgement of comics on? I can only assume it's some kind of hypothetical, magic, only-exists-in-your-world ranking system, because you're making absolutely no sense, at all. "They're trying to get people to read them with hype.", uhh. Yeah? What, do you think trailers should be banned? How would you advertise comics if YOU were in charge of a massive corporation with MASSIVE competition? I want solutions, seeing as you clearly have them. I swear I have never met a comic fan who is as naive and uneducated on the subject as you are.

As for "Deus Ex Machinas", list me five events that have relied on that blatantly enough that it's worthy of you continually saying it. 

I never said you "only" bitch, obviously there are comics you like. All I need to know is the way you've conducted yourself here, and I do. So your attempt to turn it around doesn't...REALLY work.

So that's it, you don't buy Way's Deadpool? I'm assuming you read Gischler's stuff, but that all these cross-overs are not going to be read by you, and neither is Deadpool Team-Up? Because...if they are, then you can't complain about them pumping it out.

Again, I'm not trying to insult you. You have a massive amount of cowardice. You dodge a HELL of a lot of my post material. It's either because you can't counter it or you're just picking and choosing what to reply to. I'm not, because your argument has no ground. I'm countering you every step of the way and each time, you just come back with a reply that's effectively, "No, you. Deus Ex Machine, look at Quesada in his...tower! Marvel Corporation being all...corporationy and...and global warming and...corporate America!".

Not an exact quote, obviously.
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @The Mast: Wow, you know, if you're going to just misread, completely fuck about and not even pay attention why should I bother? Sigh..this is what public schools churn out these days..

Of course you'll chalk it up to cowardice/not having a point/whatever. But really, you're a screwball who likes badly written tripe that relies on shock, shock shock, for it to be swept under the rug and pretty much fuck all after a year, go for it.

But really, it really is bad writing to have these sudden changes that don't really have any lasting effect (Wanda suddenly having powers, Hawkeye's meaningless death even for a comic death, the Civil War all's forgiven, blah blah blah) really keep it up.

I'll stick with something with substance that doesn't require altering characters, ignoring continuity, and of course Deus Ex machinas (Dr. Strange suddenly passing on a title he doesn't own, the wrap up to House of M, almost the entire last issue of Secret Invasion, as well as #5 or 6 where Richards makes a magic gun that shows the skrulls for what they are despite magic/science/telepaths not being able to) all kinds of crap like that. 

But hey, if you want to eat a shit slapped on bread and say it's a sandwich and get upset when I call it a shit sandwich, be my guest. Partake in your delusional state on your own. Later doc.

Uppity fanboys are uppity.
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The Mast
    @Capo_Del_Bandito said:
    " @The Mast: Wow, you know, if you're going to just misread, completely fuck about and not even pay attention why should I bother? Sigh..this is what public schools churn out these days.. Of course you'll chalk it up to cowardice/not having a point/whatever. But really, you're a screwball who likes badly written tripe that relies on shock, shock shock, for it to be swept under the rug and pretty much fuck all after a year, go for it.  But really, it really is bad writing to have these sudden changes that don't really have any lasting effect (Wanda suddenly having powers, Hawkeye's meaningless death even for a comic death, the Civil War all's forgiven, blah blah blah) really keep it up.  I'll stick with something with substance that doesn't require altering characters, ignoring continuity, and of course Deus Ex machinas (Dr. Strange suddenly passing on a title he doesn't own, the wrap up to House of M, almost the entire last issue of Secret Invasion, as well as #5 or 6 where Richards makes a magic gun that shows the skrulls for what they are despite magic/science/telepaths not being able to) all kinds of crap like that.   But hey, if you want to eat a shit slapped on bread and say it's a sandwich and get upset when I call it a shit sandwich, be my guest. Partake in your delusional state on your own. Later doc. Uppity fanboys are uppity. "

Nah, see, it doesn't work like that. A counter isn't: "I'll say what you said to me, but back to you.". Not in the real world. Pre-School, maybe.

Not pay attention? I just gave you factual proof that your little "It lasts for a couple of months." diatribe was incorrect. Now it's "A year", which is still wrong, as I've proven. Are you going to start legitimately countering my points, or just continually spiral into shamed oblivion whilst firing off shots at me as you go down?

Again with the lasting effect thing. I have proven that to be factually incorrect, so bring something more to the table. I've given you time-scale proof, so suck it up and admit you're wrong. The beginning of this saga started in '06. That's more than a year. Fact. Bring another point.

The Civil War's all forgiven? Did you not see Thor almost beating Iron Man to death? The Civil War isn't forgotten, the effects of it are still happening now, it's just that there are bigger worries and the story has been resolved. Are you seriously going to clutch at straws THIS badly?  It's painful to watch you continue to embarrass yourself.

Again with the ignoring continuity claim but failing to counter my WHOLE part of proving why you're wrong. Nobody is ignoring continuity. You tried using your Noh-Varr example and I smashed it out, what's next? What more information do you wish to produce that proves, once more, how little you know?

Hardly any of those were Deus Ex Machinas save for the magic gun thing...*Sigh*. Really?

Later. Been nice whooping...knowing, I mean knowing you.

I bet you last an hour without coming back to reply to me. I'm right, you're wrong. I've proven why time and time again, punched holes in your arguments and done so clearly and with clarifiable points. To call me a fanboy is, as I said, a shot of desperation.

See you when you reply.
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CrimsonComedian

This... this is just too good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.