Better actors to play Deadpool

• 90 results
#1 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds is a pretty boy with not one funny bone in his body, he has absolutely no place playing the merc with the mouth, where's Bruce Campbell when you need him?
Post Edited:2008-03-01 23:57:56

#2 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce campbell is awesome but he's too old to play deadpool now.

#3 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"bruce campbell is awesome but he's too old to play deadpool now. "

SACRILAGE!!!!!

#4 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

i love, love, love bruce campbell & if he could look like he did in army of darkness then it'd be awesome. from his more recent work i just don't see that happening.

#5 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"i love, love, love bruce campbell & if he could look like he did in army of darkness then it'd be awesome. from his more recent work i just don't see that happening. "

OK I agree with that much, so here is my idea let Reynolds sport the spandex and Campbell do the voice, kind of like David Prowse and James Earl Jones did with Vader.

#6 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

eganthevile1 says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"i love, love, love bruce campbell & if he could look like he did in army of darkness then it'd be awesome. from his more recent work i just don't see that happening. "

OK I agree with that much, so here is my idea let Reynolds sport the spandex and Campbell do the voice, kind of like David Prowse and James Earl Jones did with Vader."

that's a great idea. you'd get the best of both men.

#7 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"eganthevile1 says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
OK I agree with that much, so here is my idea let Reynolds sport the spandex and Campbell do the voice, kind of like David Prowse and James Earl Jones did with Vader."
that's a great idea. you'd get the best of both men. "

Yeah I should seriously be a casting director :)

#8 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds is funny,havent you seen Blade Trinity?

#9 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

Denzel Washington

#10 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"Ryan Reynolds is funny,havent you seen Blade Trinity?"

I meant funny in the traditional way, not the ironically terrible way.

#11 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

i still like the ryan reynolds body/bruce campbell personality best. i'd pay ten bucks to see that in theaters.

#12 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Zenma says:

"Denzel Washington"
i don'know
#13 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Denzel's bad ass, especially in Man on Fire, but comedic timing is key to Deadpool, reason I mentioned Bruce Campbell to begin with is well, watch Army of Darkness then read a Deadpool comic and tell me you don't start picturing Deadpool's voice as Campbell's.

#14 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

eganthevile1 says:

"Denzel's bad ass, especially in Man on Fire, but comedic timing is key to Deadpool, reason I mentioned Bruce Campbell to begin with is well, watch Army of Darkness then read a Deadpool comic and tell me you don't start picturing Deadpool's voice as Campbell's."

army of darkness was funny

#15 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"i still like the ryan reynolds body/bruce campbell personality best. i'd pay ten bucks to see that in theaters."

yeah i like that idea too... especially since deadpools face is all messed up so i dont have to look at ryans...

and reynolds ruined blade

#16 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

eganthevile1 says:

"Denzel's bad ass, especially in Man on Fire, but comedic timing is key to Deadpool, reason I mentioned Bruce Campbell to begin with is well, watch Army of Darkness then read a Deadpool comic and tell me you don't start picturing Deadpool's voice as Campbell's."

I do,but Ryan Reynolds best for now.

#17 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"i still like the ryan reynolds body/bruce campbell personality best. i'd pay ten bucks to see that in theaters."
yeah i like that idea too... especially since deadpools face is all messed up so i dont have to look at ryans... and reynolds ruined blade"

Just occured to me that with Reynolds at the helm Deadpool probably wont look scarred up, I mean why hire a pretty boy if your going to put him in nightmare make-up, that's what ordinary looking guys like Kane Hodder are for right? Sigh, that's not my view but it is Hollywood's so let's all brace ourselves for Hollywood's latest mutilation of one of our favorite characters, a handsome, dull, Deadpool

#18 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

eganthevile1 says:

"Rotten gun says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
yeah i like that idea too... especially since deadpools face is all messed up so i dont have to look at ryans... and reynolds ruined blade"

Just occured to me that with Reynolds at the helm Deadpool probably wont look scarred up, I mean why hire a pretty boy if your going to put him in nightmare make-up, that's what ordinary looking guys like Kane Hodder are for right? Sigh, that's not my view but it is Hollywood's so let's all brace ourselves for Hollywood's latest mutilation of one of our favorite characters, a handsome, dull, Deadpool

"

maybe deadpool started off pretty before he got scarred up? then they can scar him up in the movie. i'm not really familiar with the origin of deadpool (other then it was in weapon x) so i'm probably totally off base here.

#19 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool was handsome before the weapon x project, that's been established in the comics, but he was never dull.

#20 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

well maybe they'll get an amazing writer who can make ryan seem more interesting. lol

#21 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"well maybe they'll get an amazing writer who can make ryan seem more interesting. lol"

Damn if they do then maybe we can espect Speedball and Slapstick movies for our next Marvel comic to film adaptations that are actually good!

#22 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Me or Ryan Reynolds.

eganthevile1 says:

"Ryan Reynolds is a pretty boy with not one funny bone in his body, he has absolutely no place playing the merc with the mouth, where's Bruce Campbell when you need him?
Post Edited:2008-03-01 23:57:56"

I think he's really funny, in a Bill Murray kinda way.

#23 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

eganthevile1 says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"well maybe they'll get an amazing writer who can make ryan seem more interesting. lol"

Damn if they do then maybe we can espect Speedball and Slapstick movies for our next Marvel comic to film adaptations that are actually good!"

well if it's the crazy killer splapstick from avengers : initiative than it might be interesting lol

#24 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"eganthevile1 says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
Damn if they do then maybe we can espect Speedball and Slapstick movies for our next Marvel comic to film adaptations that are actually good!"
well if it's the crazy killer splapstick from avengers : initiative than it might be interesting lol"

My real point is that I'm starting to dread the Idea of the Wolverine movie becoming another Elektra, with poor casting of the supporting characters, god I hope it's not as poorly written too though, actually I do know of one Marvel character Ryan Reynolds would be great at playing when I really think about it... BLACK BOLT! Ha ha ha no speaking required! SUCK IT REYNOLDS!

#25 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Me or Ryan Reynolds. eganthevile1 says:
"Ryan Reynolds is a pretty boy with not one funny bone in his body, he has absolutely no place playing the merc with the mouth, where's Bruce Campbell when you need him?
Post Edited:2008-03-01 23:57:56"
I think he's really funny, in a Bill Murray kinda way."

If you mean hasnt been funny since the 80's I guess I'm on board.

#26 Posted by Wolfe aka Grey Death (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Lady Tlieso says:

yeah i like that idea too... especially since deadpools face is all messed up so i dont have to look at ryans...

and reynolds ruined blade"

Don't blame Reynolds for the butchering of the King character. That was the writers. However Reynolds at least made King likeable. Only thing bout Bruce is that his jokes are more based on Machismo rather than pop culture like Reynolds. Perhaps we somehow get the two of them to write the lines for Deadpool we'd get a winner.

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

There is nobody on earth that could play Deadpool and do a good job.

#28 Posted by Methias (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"There is nobody on earth that could play Deadpool and do a good job."

Cept RR.

#29 Posted by DragonGateAcer (5400 posts) - - Show Bio

i think ryan was the perfect choice

#30 Posted by batpool (414 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Wolfe aka Grey Death (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Lee does not have the body build for Deadpool. Also Lee is much better as a coiled spring than an ADHD addled assassin.

#32 Posted by batpool (414 posts) - - Show Bio

What are you talking about? He is a professional skateboarder. The guy is almost completely muscle....and mustache.

#33 Posted by Ippy (179 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

hold on so am i missing something or are they actually making a deadpool movie.

#35 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

i dont normally do this to women but u made it a special moment

SLAP

THE BRUCE MAN IS FOREVER YOUNG!!!!!!

He will find a way of coming back into movies.

#36 Posted by batpool (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"Lady Tlieso says:

i dont normally do this to women but u made it a special moment

SLAP

THE BRUCE MAN IS FOREVER YOUNG!!!!!!

He will find a way of coming back into movies."

...And they better make a marvel zombies series.....woulde'nt that be grrrreat...

#37 Posted by Citizen Of R'lyeh (4 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Jason Statham as Deadpool? With a couple'a good lines from the writers and a bit change of accent and i think he would'a made a good Deadpool.

#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

HOW ABOUT RYAN REYNOLDS...THE DAMN GUY WHO IS ALREADY PLAYING HIM!!!!

#39 Posted by .Night Fire. (803 posts) - - Show Bio

reyonds body and the guy who did his voice in Ult A. for the his voice

#40 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio
batpool said:
""

I agree, he would make a great Deadpool.
#41 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Ippy said:
""

This is great!
#42 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"

There is nobody on earth that could play Deadpool and do a good job.

"
Bruce Campbell could a few years ago, but now.... Matt Serra?
#43 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
eganthevile1 said:
"

Ryan Reynolds is a pretty boy with not one funny bone in his body, he has absolutely no place playing the merc with the mouth, where's Bruce Campbell when you need him?
Post Edited:2008-03-01 23:57:56

"
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???????????????????

He is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tries poking Egan's eyes through the computer monitor lol :P
#44 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

o_O...lol

#45 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

dont think that Ryan Gaynolds could do the job well xD....... jk

but srsly I dont know.

#46 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim carrey

#47 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

How is RR not funny?

#48 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
Suigetsu said:
"dont think that Ryan Gaynolds could do the job well xD....... jk

but srsly I dont know."
Dropkicks Suigetsu lol :P

Voidheart said:
"Jim carrey"
Na besides he does not have the body for it besides! if you see blade trinity you can see that he is the guy for the job.

Hawk said:
"How is RR not funny?"
He rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasnt it the one with the wierd vampire dogs? that movie sucked so hard.
dont remember ho was playing ryan tough..

dropkicks Gbandit :p

#50 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
Suigetsu said:
"Wasnt it the one with the wierd vampire dogs? that movie sucked so hard.
dont remember ho was playing ryan tough..

dropkicks Gbandit :p"
He was playing the chained man Hannibal king and he was funny as hell, also Van Wilder movies and in Harold and Kumar Ryan is funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spinning heel kicks Suigetsu :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.