Alternate Deadpool Actors?

#1 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

With the cheap little tug-of-war game fox and wb are playing with Ryan Reynolds, i'm beginning to wonder if we'll be able to see a Deadpool movie at all. Seeing as how Green Lantern is pretty much already made and DP doesnt even have a director yet. Hopefully the fact that one is a marvel and the other is a dc will mean he'll do both rolls. (Honestly though i hope fox has no hand in this movie. I think they just try to piss off marvel fans). Now of course Reynolds is the obvious choice,but    I'm wondering who you people would choose for an alternative. And something we should be thinking about is whether they should take a badass character and make him funny, or a funny character and make him badass. I personally thought Jude Law did good in repo men, if you wouldnt mind a little british accent under that mask, granted i dont think that would fit very well myself.  
 (btw if reynolds does get the part justin long could be a good weasel. they were hilarious together in waiting...)    
#2 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Well honestly I think only I can pull its off... I`m a great actor ... EVERYONE TELL the director I shoudl be the Lead roll in the deadpool movie! ...
 
SERIOUSLY :D
 
Well if not ME ... I guess Ryan Reynolds is the next best choice lol :D

#3 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Seth Rogan LOL

#4 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

first time of my life, I thought mark walkberg would've played that character.
#5 Posted by jkenley28 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

 chuck norris... haha no
 
Shia LaBeouf maybe

#6 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio
@william knowles said:
"first time of my life, I thought mark walkberg would've played that character. "

@william knowles:

That's actually a pretty good idea.
#7 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@jkenley28: Shia Lebuff? God no.
#8 Posted by Jake Fury (18609 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley Cooper, the dude from the Hangover.
#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio

Seann William Scott 
Why?
Face it, he was Deadpool long before Ryan was Deadpool, he is horribly underrated and he have the body, he made a martial arts film, so he have the moves and he meaby dont looks like Ryan, but is a movie about Deadpool not about Ryan.
Scott Adkins 
WHY?
He did the stunts, he is horribly underrated as an actor, he have the MOVES, i mean the moves, remember this is a movie of a guy with powesr, so it must move like a Superhero and Adkins without cables could do that, also he looks like Ryan i doubt most of people even notice that is not Ryan.
Also, i Belive Deathstroke moves, more like the blackguy from Undisputed 2 and Deadpool more like Boyka in Indisputed 3.
Nathan Fillion
Why?
Revenge, Nathan should be GL not Ryan, sorry, but Ryan is not Jordan, so Nathan is funny, more like 90s Deadpool, you know classic Deadpool, i know he could look old, but since Deadpool hhave destroyed face, dont matter how old the actor is.

#10 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly i think Ryan Reynolds is the best choice for Deadpool. I dont think anyone else could pull it of as well as him....

#11 Posted by jkenley28 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

channing tatum? like when he's in GI JOE

#12 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio
@william knowles: Ya that is a good idea.
#13 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@william knowles @Fetts: Deadpool'd be like "hey weapon X, how it's goin', say hi to your mother for me alright? Weapon IX? That her name?"
#14 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Best ideas so far are deff Bradley Cooper and Sean William Scott.

#15 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio
@apekindabaked: Sorry, but not funny and no action, i know people loved the Hangover, but i think Cooper, is not funny or can do any action.
#16 Posted by jkenley28 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Dane Cook. he's a comedian and he got the body.

#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio
@jkenley28: Dane Cook is great for stand up comedy, but Deadpool need serious moments in the movie and he cant be serious, look at Mr. Brooks, he was funny even when he was killed.
#18 Posted by jkenley28 (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: r u sure that he cant be serious. I've watch him in my best friend's girl. he got some (few) serious moments, but its enough to prove that he can be serious. plus im convinced with his appearance when he's wearing sleveless shirt while hes jogging. he got the muscle...
#19 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@jkenley28: anyone can work out, especially when it's your job. Let's not make the decisions on who has muscle.
#20 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio
@jkenley28:@Abnormally Warm Guy said:
" @jkenley28: anyone can work out, especially when it's your job. Let's not make the decisions on who has muscle. "

If is about better body, the winner is Adkins.
But this is about, who could do the better Deadpool, and i notice, people talk about hinm, because he looks like Ryan.
#21 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio

“Oh, c'mon. I mean, who HASN'T been ripped off by me these days?”
Deadpool on Deathstroke's accusal of Deadpool for identity theft  
Pirate-Ninja War: Side: Pirate/Moderate Ninja Alliance Acted as a mercenary for the Pirates/Moderate Ninja Alliance, hired by Captain Jack Sparrow. He was a major participant in the battles for the Kawagucci base, Shoreline Beach, and was present at the Last Stand on the Igneous Rock Bed. He escaped with Jack Sparrow shortly before the island's destruction.
Beast Wars: Side: Himself Yeah, Deadpool was pretty much trying to kill everyone in this war for some reason. And as a result, the land of Narnia was left in ruin by the colliding forces of Deadpool's army of Cosplayers and Beastman's army of exstinct animals. 
 Human vs. Kitten War: Side: Kittens Deadpool, due to his Kitty heritage, was called to fight for his species during the war.
Marvel vs. Capcom War: Side: Capcom In a stunning move, Deadpool unexpectedly chose the Capcom side. He did so because apparently Joe Quesada said a racist remark against Mercenaries. Joe doomed them all.

 


#22 Posted by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone mentioned Matthew Lillard once. I'm kinda diggin that idea.
#23 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter said:
" Someone mentioned Matthew Lillard once. I'm kinda diggin that idea. "
Shaggy?
#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: Dane Cook is just awful and shouldnt even be allowed in public let alone in any movie
#25 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @DeathpooltheT1000: Dane Cook is just awful and shouldnt even be allowed in public let alone in any movie "
He is funny, for like 5 minutes, after that, i just want to punch him in the face.
#26 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

They gotta do to xmen what theyr'e doing for spiderman. Fire the whole cast and reboot that shit. They couldv'e deff chosen a better wolverine.
#27 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@apekindabaked: I actually really like Jackman
#28 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio
@apekindabaked said:

" They gotta do to xmen what theyr'e doing for spiderman. Fire the whole cast and reboot that shit. They couldv'e deff chosen a better wolverine. "

Why, i mean it takes years and year, that DC decide to Rebbot, the horribly bad 90s Batman mopvies, for the awesome Nolan one, i think they should stopd doing them.
Or do mutants films, without any conections with the X Men movies.
@Abnormally Warm Guy: The bad thing, is that he only acts as volverine.
#29 Posted by Oldirtybearon (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer that they cast someone that can deliver the comedic timing and the earnestness of the character, rather than just going for Ryan Reynolds because people don't have imagination. 
 
It was only a couple years ago when people were decrying the announcement of Heath Ledger as the Joker, and while I hate to trot that old horse out for another example, that's really what it comes down to. We don't really know how many potential Deadpool actors are out there, so I'm fine with Ryan failing with Green Lantern while Fox searches for someone who is not only right for the part, but can do it convincingly and with charm.

#30 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy:
I actually think Jason Statham would make a great wolverine. I have no idea what they'd do about the hair but w/e.
#31 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio
@kingwilly said:
" I'd prefer that they cast someone that can deliver the comedic timing and the earnestness of the character, rather than just going for Ryan Reynolds because people don't have imagination.  It was only a couple years ago when people were decrying the announcement of Heath Ledger as the Joker, and while I hate to trot that old horse out for another example, that's really what it comes down to. We don't really know how many potential Deadpool actors are out there, so I'm fine with Ryan failing with Green Lantern while Fox searches for someone who is not only right for the part, but can do it convincingly and with charm. "
Thank you, people was mad about Wolverine was tall, people cry about Rotuh was Spuerman, some time fan are such a payne and dont notice, that they should understand that a director and aa executive producer have to do the best for the movie, not for an actor.
@apekindabaked said:
" @Abnormally Warm Guy: I actually think Jason Statham would make a great wolverine. I have no idea what they'd do about the hair but w/e. "

Sattham is a great action star, but he is not a good actor, Adkins is a better actor and people hate him for the barakapool thing, i dont think Satham could do it, also i hated when people talk about him as Deathstroke and Deadshot, he cant act that well.
#32 Posted by zman1018 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just talking about this tonight with a friend... And Mark walberg came up as a pretty good option!

#33 Posted by zman1018 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Jason Statham would play a great roll as deadpool personally!

#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000
@apekindabaked: Sorry, but not funny and no action, i know people loved the Hangover, but i think Cooper, is not funny or can do any action.
That's one movie. Have you seen him in Alias or The Losers? The man can do comedy and action quite well.
Moderator
#35 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@DeathpooltheT1000
@apekindabaked: Sorry, but not funny and no action, i know people loved the Hangover, but i think Cooper, is not funny or can do any action.
That's one movie. Have you seen him in Alias or The Losers? The man can do comedy and action quite well.
Yes and still not a funny guy, worst since people belive he could play any superherom, when he always play the same role, like that Micheal cera guy or many other famous guys.
#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13119 posts) - - Show Bio

i really cant think of anyone who can pull him off.

#37 Posted by Underwaterlad (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Justin Timberlake. And I'm not even joking. He can do funny, he can do serious/diabolical, and I think his voice would sound more natural than Reynolds' under the mask.

And by far the best thing about JT playing Deadpool is that we would be able to call him Timberpool. Just rolls off the tongue.

#38 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Underwaterlad said:

Justin Timberlake. And I'm not even joking. He can do funny, he can do serious/diabolical, and I think his voice would sound more natural than Reynolds' under the mask.

And by far the best thing about JT playing Deadpool is that we would be able to call him Timberpool. Just rolls off the tongue.

can i have an example please

#39 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan O'Brien

BB

#40 Posted by Underwaterlad (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Imma go with Social Network.

#41 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Underwaterlad said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Imma go with Social Network.

alright, ull have to check that out and get back to you

#42 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Adkins.
#43 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

There is nobody else

#44 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I was about to say if anyone says Jason Statham they won't be receiving a X-Mas card this year from me but...*looks* sigh, right.
 
Anyways I can't kid about the fact that it still should be Ryan, and not for the look, but because Ryan is dedicated to making the film reflect the comic version
of Deadpool, and steer as far away as possible from what was shown in Wolverine as possible being a reader of the comics himself. And that is exactly
what the film needs, and I really haven't seen anyone come up as of yet that shows that kind of dedication to the role.

#45 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE: @labarith: So Ryan say he cares about the movie and you buy it?

Almost every actor when talks about his movies say the same thing.

Bale and Ledger show ebtter acting skills and people is more open to recast Batman and the Joker.

Sorry, but Ryan is not an option anymore, the guys dont care about the movie and he show it, for the fact he is doing nothing to push the movie.

Sorry but 40 seconds of acting dont justify this sick insane love to the guy.

#46 Edited by Nexy21 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Sean william scott 
 
Bradley cooper 
 
possibly chris pine... 
 
steve oedekerk 
 
eh channing tatum wouldn't do a very good job imo 
 
ashton kutcher could probably do alright 
 
patrick wilson possibly... 
 
gerrard butler possibly, he's shown that he can be funny 
 
owen wilson maybe as well. 
 
But if i'd have to absolutely pick out of all those it'd be bradley cooper or sean william scott 
 
i don't think mark wahlberg wouldn't be to bad, but he's kinda short to be deadpool don't you think?
#47 Posted by djshok (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone BUT Ryan Reynolds would be a better fit. That guy's a douche, seriously, that was like the worst casting choice ever. Then again that whole movie was a mess, it's probably for the best that they didn't waste a good Deadpool on it.

#48 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nexy21 said:

Sean william scott Bradley cooper possibly chris pine... steve oedekerk eh channing tatum wouldn't do a very good job imo ashton kutcher could probably do alright patrick wilson possibly... gerrard butler possibly, he's shown that he can be funny owen wilson maybe as well. But if i'd have to absolutely pick out of all those it'd be bradley cooper or sean william scott i don't think mark wahlberg wouldn't be to bad, but he's kinda short to be deadpool don't you think?

All the ons i put in black, would suck as Deadpool.

Dane Cook would be a better choice, i mean people hates him, because, well because the guy is not making jokes of the things the rest of peeople are making jokes about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.