A Deadpool Animated Series?

#1 Posted by Irishlad (589 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel hired you to make an animated series...

1. What would you do?

2. Who would be the supporting cast?

3. And what villains would you use?

#2 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

I would do a Cable / Deadpool show, using the comic as the basis.( with all the villians tha guest stars in it which is a ton!!)

#3 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see how you could make an animated series since Deadpool isnt really a charecter that can be adapted for kids

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: You could make it for adult swim or a pay channel like HBO or Showtime

#5 Posted by HoodedGeek14 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Yeah, it would be a great addition to Adult Swim.

#6 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think it could be on adult swim since Cartoon Network is owned by Warner Bros. So, they can only do stuff about DC charecters

#7 Posted by JairamGanpat (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Adult Swim

I am not a fan of anime however, I do believe a Deadpool series would work best in anime form kind of like Hellsing. Obviously with more dark humor in it, Deadpool can't be all gloom and doom.

1) Play up the fact that he's a merc. Each episode can be a new assignment.

2) Bob Agent of Hydra, Weasel, Blind Al, Cable, the Deadpool Corps and X-Force

3) Task Master, Daken, Hit-Monkey, Hulk (Deadpool vs Hulk is always entertaining), Skrulls (This would be difficult without bringing up all of Secret Invasion but they can just make their own Skrull story)

Things that absolutely have to be included

1. Fun jetpack time

2. A vat of chemicals

3. A wood chipper

4. Mind expanding drugs

5. Fat chicks

6. Deadpool's day off

7. Fighting a giant monster... Krakoa or Giganto?

8. Strip Clubs. Plural

9. Toilets. Plural

10. CHIMICHANGAS!!!!!!!!!

#8 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I would prefer if Marvel set up animated movies for Deadpool instead of a show. I would rather see a story that has can develop over an hour and a half than just a 15-30 minute long show once a week where its Deadpool spouting one-liners and then he beats whoever that episodes villain is within a 2 minute battle at the end.

#9 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a Deadpool Animated Movie, not series.

#10 Posted by AmazingWebHead (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Deadpool's career as a mercenary will get him into all kinds of wacky adventures across the Marvel universe. When not doing his own thing, he's being hired by the likes of Kingpin, Dr. Doom, Norman Osborn, etc. for assassinations and black ops missions. And a running gag would be the X-Men throwing him out of the mansion and reminding him he's not an X-Man.

2. Weasel would still be his sidekick. Bob, Agent of HYDRA and Bullseye would also appear. Cable would show up in season 2. Wolverine (being so ridiculously popular) would show up a few times, Spider-Man would make a few team-ups, and She-Hulk will have fourth-wall-breaking moments. Copycat and Syrin would be love interests.

3. T-Ray and Weapon XI/movie Deadpool would be major villains, Gen. William Stryker and Prof. Thorton will be with Weapon X, Taskmaster will be a rival of Wade's, and Thanos would show up. (y'know, the Death love triangle thing)

#11 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

I DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH JEPH LOEB

#12 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH JEPH LOEB

Funny, I was just about to say that you could just photoshop Deadpool over Spidey in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and voila!

#13 Posted by Bogey (948 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd do a Deadpool series kinda like Brave and the Bold. He would do a team up with a random hero or villain.

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bogey said:

I'd do a Deadpool series kinda like Brave and the Bold. He would do a team up with a random hero or villain.

I'd watch this. Add in inside jokes, bloody violence, fourth-wall humor, plus a slew of cool guest stars (Cable, Wolverine's X-Force, Agent X, the Deadpool Corps and maybe even a few oddball ones like I don't know...Fin Fang Foom) would make a winning combination.

#15 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

I dont see how you could make an animated series since Deadpool isnt really a charecter that can be adapted for kids

He's totally a kids character these days. "bang bang le epic boobies :-DDD"

#16 Posted by chem86 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man of Lengend said:

I would do a Cable / Deadpool show, using the comic as the basis.( with all the villians tha guest stars in it which is a ton!!)

^THIS!!! Could not agree more. Cable/ Deadpool is with out a doubt not only my favorite deadpool, but its my favorite series in comics. Now I know I'm bias since I love the series so much but Fabian Nicieza the writer of cable/deadpool is also a co-creator of deadpool. Meaning C/D would be a perfect series to base a show off since C/D was written by the guy that's at the heart of deadpool and what he's about...just my two cents

#17 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool with Weasel and Blind Al as support. Villains would include Taskmaster, The Trapster, Kingpin.

#18 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

@JairamGanpat said:

Adult Swim

I am not a fan of anime however, I do believe a Deadpool series would work best in anime form kind of like Hellsing. Obviously with more dark humor in it, Deadpool can't be all gloom and doom.

1) Play up the fact that he's a merc. Each episode can be a new assignment.

2) Bob Agent of Hydra, Weasel, Blind Al, Cable, the Deadpool Corps and X-Force

3) Task Master, Daken, Hit-Monkey, Hulk (Deadpool vs Hulk is always entertaining), Skrulls (This would be difficult without bringing up all of Secret Invasion but they can just make their own Skrull story)

Things that absolutely have to be included

1. Fun jetpack time

2. A vat of chemicals

3. A wood chipper

4. Mind expanding drugs

5. Fat chicks

6. Deadpool's day off

7. Fighting a giant monster... Krakoa or Giganto?

8. Strip Clubs. Plural

9. Toilets. Plural

10. CHIMICHANGAS!!!!!!!!!

You sir are a genius!!!!!!!!!

#19 Posted by PaperDemon (617 posts) - - Show Bio

1 and 1 only... cartoons suck nowadays. Deadpool would probably be turned into a child series with anime crap style art... Just look at Ultimate Spiderman with Drake Bell.... Screw this generation.

#20 Posted by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man of Lengend: he cable show that's funny!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.