Follow

Deadpool: The Gauntlet

Volume »

Digital INFINITE Comics starring Deadpool.

Deadpool: The Gauntlet #2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Deadpool comics on a weekly basis? Yes, please. There will be a printed version coming out but I'd imagine it's going to lose some of the charm seen in the Infinite Comics version. While it's not a full motion-comic, it adds a little more personality to the story and adds a nice bit of humor to the story. At the same time, it's not done in an over-the-top fashion that could get annoying if you're not a fan of this sort of thing.

The story picks up from last issue. Deadpool meets with Dracula and the stage is set for the next part of the story. With the idea that this is building up to that big Deadpool event taking place in April, you'll want to pay close attention to everything going on. Is there a firm connection at this point? It's an intriguing idea.

Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn keep the humor going and this feels similar to the regular series. That's a great connection since often digital spin off comics have a different feel to them. Reilly Brown does a great job on the art, once again, as expected.

The Bad

This chapter had a faster feel to it. The story is moving along but while we get a pretty cool fight scene, it felt as if the story zooms by too quickly. There is something to leaving the readers wanting more but at the same time, we're left waiting with a bit of a cliffhanger. At least we don't have to wait too long.

The Verdict

More Deadpool isn't always a good thing, as we've seen in the past. Thankfully this Infinite cComic highly compliments the main series. Having both written by Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn is a great way to keep the vibe going on and making it feels like it truly matters in the grand scheme of Deadpool-goodness. Reilly Brown's art is great and the format of the Infinite Comic allows for an enhanced reading experience. Deadpool is in safe hands with Duggan and Posehn. But based on the wacky shenanigans they've come up with in the past, there's no telling what's going to happen next.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I loved this issue. I agree that it moved faster than the first issue, but it didn't really feel like a bad thing. I just enjoyed it and was sad when it was over! I can't wait to see where this is going.

murderpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By murderpool

Battle of the week @katzman!!!!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By akbogert

I picked up the first print issue in my LCS today, haven't had a chance to read it (or anything) yet today. But my question for @g_man or anyone who agrees with his assertion that the print version will "lose" something is: now that the print issue is out, is that actually true?

Basically I'm looking for something more than speculation, anyone who actually can compare both.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Battle of the week @katzman!!!!

That good, eh? I'll check it out later today.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Is this a limited series?

Avatar image for ultimastarkiller
    UltimaStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that quick feel is definitely no coincidence. The first issue sported a little more than 100 panels while this issue only had around 60 panels. It's going to be tough buying this. As much as I love Deadpool, and while the story has been really fun so far, if all of them are going to go by this quickly at $2.99 a pop, and for digital (I'm a physical comic guy), it's going to be tough buying into it. OK, who am I kidding, as a huge DP fan, I'm going to be buying it anyway (back story before the wedding, man!). Doesn't mean I can't be a little unsatisfied, though.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By akbogert

I went ahead and answered my own question, and @g_man's guess that the series loses some of its charm in print is accurate. Happily, if you can get the physical version of the first issue it comes with a code to redeem the first digital one for free.

I agreed that the second issue (while fun) definitely calls into question the price tag considering its brevity. Didn't bother me too much today because I'd effectively gotten two issues for the price of one, but I'm not entirely sold on paying that much if the rest will go this quickly. I guess that's a downside of the Infinity format -- it lends itself to a faster pace, but at the cost of drawing attention to length.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@2cool4fun: yeah i believe so....

i read somewhere 6 issues

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.