Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman

No Caption Provided
    Motivated by the feminine wiles of a mobster's sexy widow, Deadpool ventures into the sewers to find Frankencastle out of a whole society monsters living underground and bump him off.

THE GOOD
    Frankencastle's really one of the dumbest ideas to come out of the Marvel U in a long time, but Brandon and Greene make him, if not enjoyable, at least bearable. There were some funny gags throughout, like the physical comedy in Deadpool's thong-related pantsing memory, Frankencastle's "Fire good" quip and the reveal of what other superhero the widow's dooping to do her dirty work.  Actually, it's a really good twist to end this issue on.

THE BAD
    The way Greene renders Wade's face was really bugging me throughout the story. He looked less like tough version of Iron Maiden's mascot, Eddy, and more like the Yellow Kid if he had skin problems. Also, since I have so many other takes to compare this to (two just last week), I don't think Brandon's Deadpool is really as funny as he should be.  I'm still not sure who or what the white narrative captions are supposed to represent, but their interplay with Deadpool's captions didn't work as well as they did in CABLE #25 last week.

THE VERDICT
    I have sympathy for Brandon for doing his best to make Frankencastle interesting. Actually, he does better with him than he does with Deadpool himself. This was a passable one-off romp, or team-up, with some funny parts, but on a whole, you shouldn't feel like you've missed out on too much if you choose not to pick this up.

2.5/5
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

Would you recommend this serious even though this issue was bad?
    thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thehood
    @JoeRiccadonna:
    It has not been gone. Believe it or not, this was the best issue in the series.
    Sir Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Sir Duke

Ugh, god these reviews.  Okay, this one's much more a matter of opinion, and FrankenCastle is polarizing at best, but I still say it was one of the most original and crazy ideas Marvel has had in a while and it's turned Punisher into easily the most fun and consistently enjoyable book month after month.  I never had any interest in the character at all until he became a Frankenstein.

thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thehood
    @Sir Duke: 
    I actually agree that Frankencastle has been a lot of fun! Problem is, Deadpool Team-Up simply isn't a very well made comic, lol.
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

What happens when we finish the series? will it be "Deadpool Team-Up #-2"?

advocatefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By advocatefish

I think this issue was much more bearable and even alot more fun than past issues. 

Wades face did, too, bother the crap out of me. 

But bottom line is they need to start doing story arks. I mean is this comic what 'up and coming' writers and artist get as theyre first project? I mean no offense but i dont see how every month is a completely different team.  

Sometimes Team Up just brings shame to being a Deadpool fan (heres looking at you Ghost Rider team up) but i thought this one worked. For having to cram a whole story into one issue, at least.
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Nyogtha

I like the team up series but it's more camp and for kids than previous Deadpool stuff like Suicide Kings or Cable and Deadpool. I was going to check this out but I couldn't find it at the shop.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.