Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Deadpool and his friends' blimp gets shot down in the zombieverse, leaving them to fend for themselves against undead dopplegangers of Iceman, Firebird and the Absorbing Man.

The Good

Dazo's art continues to be a revelation. I'm really shocked that he hasn't been getting super-star attention yet. What I like the most about his art is that even though he's got flash, it's never at the expense of detail or storytelling. He really is the total package for a comics artist. Watch out for this guy. While this issue isn't gut-busting funny like the previous one (more on that later), it's still compelling-stuff. Heroes hopping from dimension to dimension is a well-worn trope, but Gischler makes this romp into the zombieverse something that's as fun as it is chilling. Just the way you have these evil cannibal versions of Marvel's heroes and villains popping out of nowhere and never giving up until they eat you - - it's like DP's wandered into a nightmare. The AA-style monologue that zombie DP's head gives zombie Ice-Man was a stand-out of the issue - - you have to read it to believe it.  Two other stand-outs were definitely DP and his gang's vintage threads, as well as the cover goofing on LONE WOLF & CUB. Priceless!

The Bad

The gags didn't run as funny as last issue, which literally made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion. I also found zombie Iceman's extended monologue about his hunger got more than a little excessive. I realize that's the point is these Marvel Zombies are supposed to be one-note, but there's just so many ways a character can phrase wanting to eat somebody. I got it.

The Verdict - 4/5

You know, a lot of fans gripe about Deadpool being over-exposed these days, but I have to say that his titles are some of the best I read from Marvel, month in, month out.I recommend picking this up, as well as the main DP title. And, again, keep your eyes on Bong Dazo - - he's going to be big!

Glasgow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Glasgow

I sure do hope that Bong Dazo does become big, his art's just good

TheAntiVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheAntiVillain

Bong Dazo's name is also fun to say

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dark Cell

good review! thx 

KiraIsL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KiraIsL

Great review. Thanks. I will have to grab that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.