Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Deadpool, Zombie Deadpool's skull and their friends run afoul of both A.I.M. and various reanimated supervillains in the zombieverse.

THE GOOD
    Deadpool might be glutting the market, right now (we've seen Deadpool/Cable and Deadpool Team-Up in just the past two weeks), but amazingly, the quality level is still up. I was laughing out loud, no joke, at many points during Victor Gischler's script. The stand-out for me was the gag when he literally dropped a skyscraper on the zombie Absorbing Man. Writing comedy is hard enough, writing comedy with action is even harder and Gishcler's done a knock-out job here. Bong Dazo is a name I'm going to be keeping an eye for in the future. His work has all the style and gloss of a top ten "hot" artist, but he's got a much deeper range than most artists in that category. Really, his work is almost infused with a political cartoonist's warped perspective - - he can draw sexy, manly and grotesque with equal aptitude.

THE BAD
    It might seem like an odd thing to have a problem with, but the dialogue really needed a lot more stressed words. A lot of times new readers think putting things in bold is a little silly, but there's a good reason there's a long tradition of their use. Rather than getting the immediate reaction I should have from a lot of the dialogue - - which bold words would have sharpened my attention to - - I had to step back and re-read it. Also, I don't know, but the cover seemed a little smudgy to me. It looks great if you squint, but if you actually look at it close, it seems like it's been scanned through a fogged glass.

THE VERDICT
    We might be experiencing Deadpool overload, right now. If we were to pare down the number of appearances Wade Wilson makes a month, then I'd really want Merc With A Mouth to stay around. This was one of the better comics I've read this week and I recommend it if you're looking for some excellent execution.

4/5
    Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Chane

Pass, I'm afraid.

Avatar image for deadpool_a_k_a_wade_wilson
    DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 2

I agree good book

BDog23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BDog23

This is actually my fav. Deadpool book.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By doordoor123
    @Chane said:
    " Pass, I'm afraid. "
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By warlock360

The dream-scene in his Head of the cockpit was so damn funny LOL

Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the ace of knaves

I used to prefer Way's series. Now i prefer this... and it's friggin ending? 

At least Gischler is doing Deadpool Corps. But then, so is Rob Liefeld :(

Anyway this issue was great. Gischler's Deadpool voice is very similar to Joe Kelly's, which is always a good thing. Obviously not the depth and character development of Kelly's run, but it's still a fun read.

Think Batman: Brave and the Bold ridiculousness but with a Deadpool twist and the adult humour and violence levels turned up to 11.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Man of Lengend

thought it was great as well
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

best Pool series hands down. sucks to see its ending, its developed into such a solid piece of work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.