Deadpool Vs Wolverine (Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe 003)

#1 Posted by matt1992 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

~~~~~~SPOILER~~~~~~

Hey guys, its my frist time posting so sorry if its not in the right place...

So, you know in the third installment of this series, Deadpool kills Wolverine (again) with a blade made of carbonadium. Surely though, with Wolverine's skeleton being made out of adamantium this wouldn't work? I mean (from what I've read) although its really strong, carbonadium is not as powerful as adamantium, and so it shouldn't have cut Wolverine's head off.

Can anyone explain it to me?

#2 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@matt1992:

Bad writing, Carbonadium from what I know only slows Wolverines healing factor it can't cut through adamantium. So really it's just PIS take it how it is Marvel writers tend to forget things and power up other things. Good example of that is Ultimate comics Ultimatum where Wolverine is killed in that universe but his healing factor is much better than 616 Wolverine's as if one cell remains of him he can regen, but in that comic they forgot about that since his hand was still remaining which means he should have recovered.

#3 Posted by Dernpool (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted something on the main page of DKMU #3 about how this book is frustrating on numerous levels. Not only is there no realism in terms of continuity of characters and power levels, but they don't even try to make the fight scenes entertaining. Wolverine not only gets his head cut off, which is impossible, but he doesn't act like Wolverine, and doesn't even land a scratch on Deadpool. AvX, for all its shortcomings, actually does a better job at exposition in fight scenes, and AvX truly sucks. Some other forums talk about how many of the kills occur off page too, and how the whole point of this should be to see how Deadpool manages to kill heros that totally outclass him. Making Mjolnir bigger with Pym Particles, and Thor can't avoid it and is crushed; f$%###*& seriously?! I can only think that the writer and Marvel are tyring to tell us something with all these stupid and unrealistic kills, about how Superhero v. Superhero fights themselves can be stupid and unrealistic, and we shouldn't take Superheros too seriously. If that's the message though, then they have really lost the plot, and they go about it in such a hamfisted way that I actually do hope the Marvel Universe meets its demise and they start over again with brand new characters across the board.

#4 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega-Man : no. 616s HF is better. 616 wolverine has regen from a bare skeleton multiple times.

#5 Posted by Serberus08 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because wolverine's just popular.

#6 Posted by Serberus08 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega-Man said:

@matt1992:

Bad writing, Carbonadium from what I know only slows Wolverines healing factor it can't cut through adamantium. So really it's just PIS take it how it is Marvel writers tend to forget things and power up other things. Good example of that is Ultimate comics Ultimatum where Wolverine is killed in that universe but his healing factor is much better than 616 Wolverine's as if one cell remains of him he can regen, but in that comic they forgot about that since his hand was still remaining which means he should have recovered.

You're right, if Carbondanium could kill him then Omega Red would have killed Wolvie in the 90's, and again in origins.

#7 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker:

Yeah and Ultimate Wolverine regened from just being a head which out classes a skeleton in 616 Marvel, Wolverine in ultimate comics didn't need to have a skeleton left he could have been a foot or a hand and regened thats greater than anything 616 Wolverine ever did. Ultimate Woverine's healing factor was much better than main Marvel universe Wolverine's healing factor they stated it BEFORE Ultimatum and then they kill him off but leave a hand of him left in which case ultimate Wolverine should have regened from.

And if you read my post Ultimate Wolverine can heal from just being a severed hand he doesn't need a skeleton. Ultimate Wolverine's healing factor is much better than 616 Marvel main universe Wolverine. But the crossover Ultimate comics Ultimatum forgot that he can do that.

#8 Edited by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega-Man said:

@JohnnyWalker:

Yeah and Ultimate Wolverine regened from just being a head which out classes a skeleton in 616 Marvel, Wolverine in ultimate comics didn't need to have a skeleton left he could have been a foot or a hand and regened thats greater than anything 616 Wolverine ever did. Ultimate Woverine's healing factor was much better than main Marvel universe Wolverine's healing factor they stated it BEFORE Ultimatum and then they kill him off but leave a hand of him left in which case ultimate Wolverine should have regened from.

And if you read my post Ultimate Wolverine can heal from just being a severed hand he doesn't need a skeleton. Ultimate Wolverine's healing factor is much better than 616 Marvel main universe Wolverine. But the crossover Ultimate comics Ultimatum forgot that he can do that.

they reattached his head he didnt grow his body back. hes never been shown to regen from a foot hand etc. not shown not proven. they can state whatever they want, if they did this. not shown not proven. not gonna waste time reading something about something i know (i assume its mostly speculation on your part). anyway to prove to you, 616 survived a NUKE. his skeleton only remained because its indestructible.

#9 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker:

Yeah and 616 surviving a nuke was complete PIS, since in any other comic Wolverine has been in he has to make sure he doesn't bleed to death hence how x-23 beat him in their first encounter because she was throwing dirt in the wounds she made on him so he couldn't heal and was bleeding him out. If he could still survive being a skeleton how come he has to watch out being bled to death? X-23 could have killed him easily in their first encounter but Wolverine reasoned with her. It's why I don't consider him surviving being a skeleton as cannon as it makes no sense to other wolverine comics he wouldn't need to care of being damaged that much if he can heal from being nothing but bones. Yet every other comic wolverine is in does care about the damage he gets inflicted upon himself.

#10 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

I though Deadpool killed him with the fourth wall.

#11 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega-Man : newsflash: nobody cares what you consider canon. we use what is canon regardless of preferences.

#12 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing Deadpool does in DP Kill the Marvel Universe should be taken too seriously. It's a PIS monster, made to entertain without being confined by logic.

#13 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker: Lol any decent wolverine fan wouldn't accept that as a feat because it was PIS, Thats like anyone accepting Batman PWNS all because he has jump kicked both the left hand of God and darkseid and hurt them doing that.

#14 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega-Man : wolverine can be knocked out. blunt trauma a la hulk or blood loss a la x-23. and he can survive a nuke. so yeah im done arguing with you your prefered feats for a character.

#15 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Nothing Deadpool does in DP Kill the Marvel Universe should be taken too seriously. It's a PIS monster, made to entertain without being confined by logic.

This.

#16 Posted by matt1992 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I've started a nerd war D:

#17 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernpool: Dude...its just a dumb fun book. Its meant to just be a good bloody time, dont take it to seriously...

#18 Posted by dice2099 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolverine deadpool fight also buged me silver samurai tryed cutting wolverines head off hell everyone has really. It does not work the bone stops it. He could have drowned Wolverine. or he could have gotten him into a vacume or space he could Done anthing except cut his head off Even tossing him in the acid gel or in a volcano would eventully kill him. .... Other then that it was okay but the ending ws way to predctable and i hated how the heaviest hitters... like Thanos silver surfer went down in like one panel.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.