gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

There's no denying that Deadpool is not a character to be taken seriously all the time. When a miniseries sets out to have a character kill every single other character in their universe, you know there's a bunch of shenanigans on the way. Once you get over that fact, it becomes a question of how exactly the character, Deadpool in this case, will actually proceed and succeed in killing everyone off. We should always expect the unexpected when it comes to Deadpool but since his mind was 'adjusted' in the first issue, it's been brutal death after brutal death. There's a reason the cover states this isn't for kids.

This four-issue miniseries has had a little more than simply Deadpool killing everyone. In earlier issues, Taskmaster was given the...task of going after and stopping Deadpool. What character would be better suited for this job? There is a history between the two and Taskmaster is often overlooked at the potential he has an opponent.

Throughout the issue, you can't help but feel the despair knowing and seeing these characters dying and getting killed in this 'universe.' Of course there still is a lot of goofiness in the fact that Deadpool has been able to get as far as he does.

How does the story end? I'm obviously not going to spoil it. When I started, I was thinking there was only one way this could all end. Going through and reading the end, I realized that there were in fact several different ways it could have played out. What happens here is completely fitting for Deadpool.

The Bad

Now that the story is over, where do we go from here? I mentioned in past reviews that I was a little bothered at this portrayal of Deadpool. The full potential of what he can do is being shown, even if some situations have been a bit of a stretch. Deadpool can be a funny character but should also be seen as a threat. With these types of "kill the entire universe" story, the question is, would you read it again? For me, once was enough. It was an interesting ride but I don't know if I'd feel the urge to go back and check it out again.

The ending felt a little abrupt. Clearly there is still plenty more characters that could have been killed off. Maybe we'll see a sequel with that addressed. I would have preferred a little more in terms of a story rather than death after death. But then again, all the crazy killings is the biggest draw here.

The Verdict

Deadpool set out to kill everyone. This is the last issue but it can be said that he doesn't actually kill every single Marvel character. There are still more so perhaps we'll see a sequel someday. This isn't an issue or series to be taken completely seriously. By that I mean we know Deadpool couldn't actually kill some or most of the characters as easily as he did in this series. This is meant to be an absurd story where Deadpool is able to step up his game and do the unexpected at a whole new level. The fashion that the characters die is the key in making the story worth noting. The big question is where will the story leave you afterwards? Is this a story you'll want to read again? Clearly there can't be any repercussions for the future of Deadpool or other characters since this doesn't take place in the proper 616 universe. It will make you look at Deadpool a little differently. A stronger conclusion would have been preferable but perhaps we'll see a continuation to these events.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.