delphic's Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #1 - Part I review

Creepy Stuff

I picked this issue up digitally after reading a review about it. In the review that I read it said that Deadpool read like a completely different character, and that this new take on Deadpool was extremely dark. I wanted to see how dark it was.

In truth this book here is pretty grim in its tale. Any fan of Deadpool knows that he's known for breaking the fourth wall, and often has a back and forth with the caption boxes. It's that character that so many have come to know and love, but this story is not about that character, and it becomes about a repressed voice (or caption box) that has long been dormant in Deadpool's mind. This voice is that of a ruthless killer who's only desire is to watch the world burn. This is the story about Deadpool if his mind was clear and only focused on one thing, and I think the title says what that one thing is.

What we have here is not a story for the light of heart, and it's a good thing that the Parental Advisory is on the cover. Though the writing in this issue is not very engaging, it still succeeds in sparking interest. Like I said this story doesn't look like it will be for the light of heart. If you don't care to see your favorite characters killed in brutal ways I suggest stay away from this one. Otherwise, read at your own risk.