chriskosty's Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #1 - Part I review

Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe

Unlike most Deadpool comics that I have read, which in all honesty isnt many, this comics grotesque nature and overall tone is appealing for anyone who enjoys a good ol' fashion gore fest. My familiarity with the character only stems as far as the current run of comics that he has going, so my ideas on the mythos of the character does run pretty thin. But with that being said, I feel that this is closer to his roots than any other comic starring the Merc. The viciousness of the character really comes out and his ability to literally kill all of these heroes, villains, anti-heroes, and anti-villains is something that im sure many people have been wishing for for years. Although his ability to actually kill these characters is close to impossible, in these circumstances its believable. Deadpools humor and creativity with his words really shows in the dialogue, although some of it is weak occasionally. For a series that isnt running for very long, and basically takes all the continuity and throws it out the window, it is a strong comic and I feel that any fan of the character will really enjoy the ride.