cerial442's Deadpool #5 - Star Wars: Revenge of the Gipper review

Ronnie's Star Wars

I love this book! Deadpool is a character that doesn't take himself seriously, and neither does this book. As the way it should be.

I was a fan of Daniel Way's Deadpool run. Some weren't, and that's fine. When this book launched I was excited because I like the writers, but was a little upset that the multiple inner monologues were gone. I guess when you are use to something for so long, it is strange without it.

Never thought I would say this, but I no longer miss the inner monologues. This is a book I really look forward to when it comes out.

After killing multiple undead presidents, the next target is Ronald Reagan. Ronnie is in space, and planning on shooting nuclear warheads at Earth. Michael the necromancer is able to teleport Deadpool to space, for the epic showdown.

The fight gives us lots of jokes, monkey attacks, and a brawl between Deadpool and Reagan. It was fun.

Afterwards, we get a big shock ending, that I didn't see coming in a book like this. Can't wait to see how it gets wrapped up.

DC is currently doing a great job on the "serious" front, but it seems like Marvel is one have more fun right now. With this book, Hawkguy, and FF just to name a few.

Highly recommended.