Follow

Deadman

Character » Deadman appears in 914 issues.

After being murdered by the League of Assassins during a performance, circus acrobat Boston Brand was turned into a ghost by the Hindu goddess Rama Kushna. Becoming the superhero Deadman, Boston must aid the people he possesses to avoid eternity in Hell.

Deadman should not be alive

the referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By the referee
    No Caption Provided
    Is any one else outraged that Deadman is alive? Deadman was a character unlike any other. He was never the typical fight the bad guy save the world and get the girl kind of hero and now that is no more. I have not read Brightest Day (waiting for the Hard Back) but I understand he gets a power ring. DC has turned him into just another super powered hero. DC has plenty of them. But a ghost who steals moments of life was unique. That man is no more. Deadman has never been one of DC front runners and I am afraid this may be their opportunity to change him forever. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Boston Brand's character was perfect just the way he was and now that has been ruined!
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nighthunter

Deadman (aliveman?) still is for the most part unseen by other heroes, really besides the rebirth thing the main change has been that Boston is now finally on the spotlight

the referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By the referee
    @Nighthunter: But still he's changed. You your self called hin aliveman. he is no longer a wraith but just another lantern so theres nothing special about him any more.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @the referee:
    he is only seen and heard at certain times, although it has become more often then not. He was between life and death before he got the ring (slightly more dead then alive) and now it seems to have jsut turned it around. He is still between Life and Death but now he sems to be more alive then dead.He is already looking for his replacement as the white ring bearer
    the referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the referee
    @DEGRAAF: Since I'm not presently collecting comics, Please let me know if and when  Deadman gets rid of his ring and go back to normal!
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @the referee:
    ill try to remember but im assuming he wont los it until the series arc is over

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.