vagrantsaint's Dead Of Night Featuring Devil-Slayer #1 - One Foot In Hell review

• vagrantsaint wrote this review on .
  • vagrantsaint has written a total of 51 reviews. The last one was for

A Devilishly Good Time

I didn't see this one coming.  I swear to you.  Yeah, I read the Dead of Night: Man-Thing series, and I liked it, but I have a feeling that this one will be MUCH better than the last.  I'm not sure if I can just identify with the story because I'm in the military or whatnot, but it really hits home with me.
In this issue, Sergeant Dan Sylva recently reenlisted and lands back in Iraq with his old unit.  A lot of things have changed while he was gone, most of all the surge of mercenaries who have come in to make bank off of the conflict.  Sylva's unit responds to an incident and runs into more trouble than they can handle.
Good, writing, good art, and that cover really caught my eye.  I'm really looking forward to the next issue of this comic.
Until next time...