No recent wiki edits to this page.
Moonbeam originally moved to New York City as a young teenager to pursue an acting career in the big city. While there, she met a fellow actor who had fallen on similar hard luck in the rough big city acting business.
After a period of time, she fell in love with her coworker and they decided that they would move in together. One fateful night in a hotel her lover murdered Moonbeam, then he hurriedly took the body and sealed it in a mausoleum. That night Moonbeam's mutation activated on her necrotic tissue and she was revived. However, she found herself still effectively sealed within her tomb. While in this state she managed to discover her ability to communicate with the deceased buried around her. The dead who's spirits were free to roam planted a seed of doubt in Moonbeam's killer, eventually luring him back to the crypt in which he had buried Moonbeam.
He returned to the site of the burial to rest assured Moonbeam remained as she was. Once he released her from her catacomb; she appeared as the mutant heroine, Dead Girl and sought revenge on the man that had taken her first life.
Deadgirl was created by Peter Milligan
and Mike Allred
and first appeared in X-Force #125
Mayor Story Arcs
She has worked directly with X-Statix
for a brief period of time and w
Only Survivor - Dead Girl Mini-Series
orked hand-in-hand with Doctor Strange to stop The Pitiful One from resurrecting the dead of Earth to be his undead minions.
Physically deceased, her mutation was triggered by death, Dead Girl has a variety of abilities akin to the mystical zombie and ghost. Her mutant abilities include:
- Necromancy/Necrokinesis: She has the ability to telepathically communicate with cells, bacteria, and dead/disintegrating tissue of corpses, speak to dead spirits either using their physical remains or on the astral plane, temporarily resurrect the recently deceased as zombies or ghosts, and briefly summon images of deceased people from the minds of others. This is the manner in which she controls her own body. She can animate and control parts of her body even after they have been severed.
- Immortality: Since she is dead, Dead Girl does not require food, water, heat, or oxygen for sustenance.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: She can rebuild her molecular structure from virtually any physical attack, regardless of how much damage or destruction she sustains, even if reduced to a skeleton. She can safely "survive" toxic conditions deadly to anyone else. She can transform her hands into claws, and otherwise alter her body to an unclear extent.
- Intangibility: She is able to “phase” through solid matter; either by shifting her atoms through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she is moving, or by reducing her molecular density. She also has the ability to create an ethereal version of herself and pass through objects in a ghost-like state, and cross over freely to the death realm. She can use this power to walk on air.
- Enhanced Physique: She is in perfect physical condition and maintains above-average strength and agility.