DC Universe Online Legends

#1 Edited by Jake Fury (19918 posts) - - Show Bio

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE LEGENDS #1 (OF 26 

» View Larger Image

Written by TONY BEDARD & MARV WOLFMAN; Art by HOWARD PORTER & LIVESAY; Wraparound Cover by ED BENES; 1:10 Variant Cover by RYAN SOOK

The DC event of the year begins, coinciding with the release of the wildly anticipated DCU MMO! Get ready for the ride of a lifetime with this immense, 26-issue biweekly series!

In issue #1, Lex Luthor's obsession with destroying Superman reaches fever pitch when he cuts the ultimate Devil's deal with Brainiac...but with the shake of a hand, has Luthor consigned humanity to genocide?

Comic book legend Marv Wolfman joins fan-favorite writer Tony Bedard and artist Howard Porter to tell the ultimate DC Universe Super Hero tale of good versus evil!
  • DC Universe
  • 32pg.
  • Color
  • $2.99 US

On Sale February 2, 2011    

#2 Posted by Jake Fury (19918 posts) - - Show Bio

Better picture.
#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147099 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. Nice pic. So this would be tha adaptation of the game?

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm playing and loving the game, so I might have a look. But it's not a must buy or anything.

#5 Posted by Jake Fury (19918 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
"Looks good. Nice pic. So this would be tha adaptation of the game? "

I think so. I don't believe it will be a part of the regular DCU but it might be pretty decent.
#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147099 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
"Looks good. Nice pic. So this would be tha adaptation of the game? "
I think so. I don't believe it will be a part of the regular DCU but it might be pretty decent. "
It is any like that trailer they showed back then, then maybe.
#7 Posted by Jake Fury (19918 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:
I get tired of trying to keep up with the DC and Marvel history sometimes. Maybe this is what I need. LOL
#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147099 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: Yeah, sometimes it can be a bit tiring with all those retcons and crisis and stuff.
#9 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" I'm playing and loving the game, so I might have a look. But it's not a must buy or anything. "
Same.
#10 Posted by Erica Zann (75 posts) - - Show Bio

No interest in this whatsoever. I don't like books based on video games.

#11 Posted by supermanprime6 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:
" @Jake Fury: Yeah, sometimes it can be a bit tiring with all those retcons and crisis and stuff.  
I totally agree. I was so pumped about this comic because it is a story within itself. You don't have to go out and buy Blackest Night, Green Lantern: Blackest Night, Green Lantern Corps: Blackest Night, Superman: Blackest Night etc etc etc. It is one comic with one story. LOVE IT.
#12 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erica Zann said:
" No interest in this whatsoever. I don't like books based on video games. "
It's a comic book based on a video game that's based on comic books... the cool thing is, from what I understand the overarching story plots go past DC first.
#13 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gotten the first two issues. So far for the comics they are feeling a bit bland. The artwork is decent enough, but the story seems lacking. With what all is going on it should seem exciting and dangerous but the writing hasn't really drawn me in. Still going to pick up the next few issues at least to see if that changes.

#14 Posted by AgentOfAnarchy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the comic and I bought the game along with a life subscription but I cant play it on my computer because the mouse control is too slow and the xbox controller for the pc wont work with it :'(

#15 Posted by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

I am now afraid of Wonder Woman or her amazons when they told me to force the minions to drink magical truth potion in order to tell me where Wonder Girl is. It is suppose to be magic but I see them shacking and screaming when I give it to them. I am supposed to be a hero and my mentor is Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.