Follow

DC Multiverse

Concept » DC Multiverse appears in 1367 issues.

The Multiverse is a pivotal concept in DC Comics. Over the years, it has gone through many changes, and has nearly been destroyed on a few occasions, but always ends up intact.

The Multiversity Guidebook: Breaking Down the New Multiverse

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

Edited By Jekylhyde14

I just read The Multiversity Guidebook and I’m geeking out HARD. All of the Earths that comprise the New 52’s DC Multiverse have been revealed minus the seven mystery Earths which, I imagine, will be revealed in time. I wanted to lay out what the revealed worlds are, what I think they are, and where you can find their source material if you’re so inclined. Some of the worlds I expected because they’d been revealed before in earlier comics, preview materials, and interviews. Some were just a pleasant surprise. There will be MAJOR SPOILERS below so if you haven’t read the Guidebook yet and you want to then don’t look beyond this paragraph. Let’s get down to it:

Earth 0- Mainstream DC Universe. ‘Nuff said…

Earth 1- Home of the Earth One OGN’s: Straczynski’s Superman, Johns’ Batman, Lemire’s Teen Titans, and, soon, Morrison’s Wonder Woman.

Earth 2- From the comic book series Earth 2. Home of Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, etc.

Earth 3- Home of the Crime Syndicate of America, the evil version of the Justice League. Their world was last seen in Forever Evil.

The original Crime Syndicate
    The original Crime Syndicate

Earth 4- As seen in The Multiversity: Pax Americana. Home of the heroes from Charlton Comics: Captain Atom, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) Nightshade, Peacemaker, Tiger, and The Question. Pax Americana was brilliant and Watchmen-esque without being a rip-off. On a personal note, I’m glad they decided to go with a Charlton earth and not make Watchmen part of the multiverse. Before Watchmen was insulting enough…

Earth 5- As seen in The Multiversity: Thunderworld Adventures. Home to a Marvel Family that more closely resembles the Fawcett Comics’ version of the characters than their Earth-0 counterparts.

Earth 6- Stan Lee’s Just Imagine Universe. Back in 2001-02, DC let Stan Lee reimagine their greatest characters. This was the result.

Earth 7- As seen in The Multiversity #1. My theory is that this is a parody of the Ultimate Marvel universe. The Guidebook says that this world is where “the history of Earth-8 was recreated with subtle differences.” If we accept Earth-8 is a parody of the Marvel Universe then it stands to reason that Earth-7 is the Ultimate Universe. It makes even more sense if you consider that Earth-7 was basically destroyed by The Gentry in The Multiverse #1 and Marvel’s Ultimate Universe is basically dead these days.

Earth 8- As Seen in The Multiversity #1. It’s a parody of the Marvel Universe. Bug is Spider-Man, the G-Men are the X-Men, Machinehead is Iron Man, etc, etc. It’s good to see Wundajin make the cut here. He was a fun character in Giffen and DeMatteis’ Justice League International.

Earth 9- The Tangent Universe. In 1997-98, Dan Jurgens re-imagined some of DC’s premier characters, and a series of one-shots were developed from his ideas under the imprint Tangent Comics. This is their world.

Earth 10- AKA Earth-X. It will soon be seen in The Multiversity: Mastermen. This is the world where the Nazis won World War II, and the heroes of Quality Comics fight as renegades for freedom. This is a revamped version of Earth-X from the original multiverse appearing in Justice League of America (Vol.1) #107-108. We’ve already seen this world’s Overman in Final Crisis: Superman Beyond.

Earth 11- The world of women. The heroes of this world are the opposite gender of their counterparts in Earth-0. It was first seen in Superman/Batman (Vol.1) #23-24, and this world’s Aquawoman is part of the “war party” in The Multiverse #1.

Earth 12- The Batman Beyond Universe. This includes Superman Beyond and Justice League Beyond.

John Constantine in his action suit.
    John Constantine in his action suit.

Earth 13- The home of a magic-centric Justice League. The only source material I know of for this world is issue #53 of Grant Morrison’s Doom Patrol which includes the appearance of a John Constantine sporting superhero tights and in a team of magic wielding heroes. Also, it’s worth noting that in Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #1, Ultraman is tossing around a version of the Demon just as the Ultima Thule is soaring through Earth-13.

Ultraman's a beast...
    Ultraman's a beast...

Earth 14- Home to the Justice League of Assassins as first seen in Superman Vol. 4 #15. This world was originally unrevealed in Multiversity, and is the first to be revealed by a creator other than Grant Morrison.

Earth 15- The “Perfect Universe” destroyed by Superboy-Prime in Countdown #26-24. I don’t remember much about this place other than the fact that it seemed like a Utopia. It might be worth revisiting those issues since it looks like this place will be important.

Earth 16- As seen in The Multiversity: The Just. It’s the world of bored superheroes and their spoiled children. I enjoyed this earth because it seemed like what would have happened if Morrison’s JLA had played out to its natural conclusion. Most of the characters in the story were from the 1990’s or the Pre-Flashpoint DCU. I could see that timeline ending up here.

Earth 17- Home of the Atomic Knights who first appeared in Strange Adventures #117. I like that Morrison’s expanding this post-nuclear apocalypse world. He seems to enjoy the concept considering the Atomic Knights and their giant dogs played a big part in Final Crisis.

Earth 18- Home of the Justice Riders. This was a Wild West Justice League from a 1997 Elseworlds one-shot by Chuck Dixon and J.H. Williams III.

Earth 19- The world of Gotham by Gaslight, the famous 1991 one-shot by Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola.

Earth 20- As seen in The Multiversity: The Society of Super-Heroes: Conquerors from the Counter-World. Its home to the pulp inspired superheroes: Doc Fate, The Mighty Atom, Abin Sur, Immortal Man, and the Blackhawks. It was tragic how the heroes of this world had to sacrifice their principles to save the day.

Earth 21- DC: The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke.

Earth 22- Kingdom Come and the Kingdom as created by Mark Waid and Alex Ross.

Earth 23- Home to President Superman and the African American analogues to the heroes of Earth-0. This world was first seen in Final Crisis #7, was the focus of Action Comics (Vol.2) #9, and appeared briefly in The Multiversity #1. President Superman is a major character in this series.

Earth 26- Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew.

Earth 29- Bizarro World. I want to know if this is the same Bizarro World as the one seen in Morrison’s All Star Superman. It would be cool if it was, and it would sort of make sense since the All Star Superman Bizarro World was from a place called the “Underverse” and Earth-29 is shown at the very bottom of the Map of the Multiverse.

The Underverse
    The Underverse

Earth 30- Superman: Red Son by Mark Millar, Dave Johnson, and Killian Plunkett.

Earth 31- Batman: Leatherwing from Detective Comics (Vol.1) Annual #7 by Chuck Dixon and Enrique Alcatena. Pirate Batman!

Earth 32- Batman: In Darkest Knight by Mike W. Barr and Jerry Bingham. Green Lantern Batman!

Earth 33- AKA Earth-Prime. Our world. It will be the focus of The Multiversity: Ultra Comics. In the Pre-Crisis multiverse, Earth-Prime had a superhero called Ultraa who first appeared and then left our world in Justice League of America (Vol.1) #153. Apparently Ultra Comics will be the new version of that hero and our world’s only protector.

No Caption Provided

Earth 34- A parody of Kurt Busiek’s Astro City. To my great shame, I haven’t read much Astro City but Savior is a clear analogue to Samaritan.

Earth 35- A parody of Alan Moore’s work on Supreme and Rob Liefeld’s Awesome universe. Supremo is obviously supposed to be Supreme and the archer behind him looks a lot like Youngblood’s Shaft. This is great because Alan Moore’s Supreme was brilliant…

Earth 36- An analogue for Big Bang Comics.

Earth 37- This world seems to be a mash-up of Batman: Thrillkiller and Twilight which were both written by Howard Chaykin. In essence, this is Earth-Chaykin.

Earth 38- John Byrne’s Superman & Batman: Generations.

Earth 39- A T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents parody. The T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents were a group of superhero spies created by Wally Wood in 1965. They were ahead of their time in characterization.

Earth 40- As seen in The Multiversity: The Society of Super-Heroes: Conquerors from the Counter-World. It’s the home of the pulp villain opposites of Earth-20. As Earth-20’s dark reflection, it was fitting that the Society of Super-Criminals brought out the dark sides’ of the Society of Super-Heroes.

Earth 41- A mash-up of the original Image universe and DC Comics. Spore is Spawn, Dino-Cop is Savage Dragon, the Nimord Squad are the Youngbloods, etc. etc.

Earth 42- The home of the chibi Justice League as first seen in Superman/Batman #51. These tiny heroes have a big and potentially nasty role to play in The Multiversity.

Earth 43- First seen in Batman and Dracula: Red Rain by Doug Moench and Kelley Jones. Batman and the rest of the Justice League are vampires on this earth. It’s interesting to note that Zillo Valla was revealed to be the monitor of this earth in Final Crisis #7, and she refueled the Ultima Thule by draining Overman’s blood in Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #1.

You know... not a deal breaker.
    You know... not a deal breaker.

Earth 44- Home to The Metal League which is an obvious mash-up of The Justice League and The Metal Men. They caused a bit of trouble in the beginning of Final Crisis #7.

Earth 45- The birthplace of Superdoomsday who played a big part in Morrison’s run on Action comics before being defeated by my boy Supes in Action Comics (Vol. 2) #18.

Earth 47- Home to the Love Syndicate of Dreamworld who were first seen in Animal Man (Vol.1) #23 when Psycho-Pirate was attempting to bring multiversal characters back into the Post-Crisis DCU. I’m also glad to see that Prez Rickard is the Commander-in-Chief here. This fits with how we left Prez in Neil Gaiman’s Sandman #54. Dream offered Prez passage to alternate Americas where he could serve. It looks like he found one.

The Love Syndicate of Dreamworld
    The Love Syndicate of Dreamworld

Earth 48- Home of Lady Quark who first appeared in Crisis on Infinite Earths #4 and who was seen in The Multiversity #1. This world also contains the Forerunners who played a role in DC’s Countdown event. It will be interesting to see how this world’s ties to The New Gods and Darkseid pan out.

Earth 50- Home of the Justice Lords from the Justice League animated series. They first appeared in the episode “A Better World.” The episode and the team are more or less a parody of the Squadron Supreme series by Mark Gruenwald which featured a team like the Justice League becoming tyrants in an attempt to create a utopia.

Earth 51- Home to Jack Kirby’s Kamandi and The New Gods. Basically, this is Earth-Kirby featuring the greatest characters the legendary artist ever created for DC Comics. According to Final Crisis, this was the world that was entrusted to Nix Uotan before it was destroyed and he was exiled to Earth.

Speaking of Nix Uotan, did anyone else spot a Rubik’s Cube on the ground of Earth-42 in The Multiversity Guidebook? Uotan solved a cube just like that one in Final Crisis. It could be a warning that Nix has been a bit busy since The Gentry corrupted his soul.

Anyway, that’s my breakdown of the revealed Earths of DC’s Multiverse. My mind is blown. There are so many connections and possible connections in these realities that I only just grazed the surface. For instance, have you noticed that all the Marvel-related Earths are numbered in a row: Earths 6, 7, and 8. I'm also pretty sure that Earths 12 and 50 are reflections of each other like 20 and 40. Both 12 and 50 have their roots in the DCAU. Earth-12 is the DCAU gone right with a functioning Justice League while Earth-50 is the DCAU with super dictators. Also, keep in mind that Earths 14, 24, 25, 27,28,46, and 49 have yet to be revealed. If something was left out then it could turn out to be one of those worlds. I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the subject or about anything I missed.

Edit (11/16/17): Added information for Earth 14 and corrected the information for Earth 36.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Saren

Nice write-up. I'm surprised Earth-31 isn't the TDKR Earth any more. Also interesting to note that the League on the Red Rain Earth appear to actually be vampiric versions of the Crime Syndicate. That's a vampire Ultraman, like at the end of FC.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Nice write-up. I'm surprised Earth-31 isn't the TDKR Earth any more. Also interesting to note that the League on the Red Rain Earth appear to actually be vampiric versions of the Crime Syndicate. That's a vampire Ultraman, like at the end of FC.

Yeah, I was a little taken aback that TDKR was taken out. Most of the Multiverse stayed consistent between Countdown and Multiversity, but not that. 52 #52 also had Earth-50 as the Wildstorm universe, but now it belongs to the Justice Lords. I figure that was done because Wildstorm's part of Earth-0 now. I have no clue why they took out TDKR. Good catch with the vampire Ultraman!

Really great history lesson. Enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for reading!

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Wow, tl;dr.

But I'm really excited about getting the guidebook today and looking through it, myself.

Side note, maybe you should clean this up and make a/edit the wiki page for the Multiverse?

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice write up...I think tdkr and watchmen are untouchable stories and thats why they are not included

On a side note could you tell me if thrillkiller is worth reading?

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice write up...I think tdkr and watchmen are untouchable stories and thats why they are not included

On a side note could you tell me if thrillkiller is worth reading?

I've actually never read Thrillkiller. I only identified it through research. It sounds really interesting, though. Batgirl and Robin are fighting crime through the underground hipster scenes of the 1960's. Twilight also seems worth the read, and I'm really intrigued by how Morrison built Earth-37 by connecting all of the Howard Chaykin stories together. Chaykin is a pretty interesting creator. He does dark and gritty pretty well with a certain level of intelligence. In my opinion, if you're interested at all then you should read it. I will.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just updated with pictures and a revised final paragraph.

Wow, tl;dr.

But I'm really excited about getting the guidebook today and looking through it, myself.

Side note, maybe you should clean this up and make a/edit the wiki page for the Multiverse?

Thanks. I'll consider it, but this has been my first post in a while because I haven't had a lot of time for comic blogging these days...

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jekylhyde14: I don't blame you haha. I barely have enough time to read my comics, much less blog about them.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn awesome! Thanks a lot for posting all this. My curiosity picked, might get such Guidebook for myself.

Hmmph, it appears that’s for a while I confused Earth 0 with Earth 1.

njg5595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for anthonygiboyeau
    anthonygiboyeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jekylhyde14 the Rubik's Cube has popped up a few times in the new52 i guess people just didn't notice most recently in futures end earth 2 one shot last September but how is it that we have 2 sets of new gods and no one is talking about this in their reviews and the fact that dc said that the new gods would be one of a kind in the multiverse even though they are clearly not in this guidebook these are the new gods from final crisis

anthonygiboyeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining I love this book and the new god characters and always said from the beginning that an event like Flashpoint could never effect the new gods but i haven't read a review that has addressed this anywhere?

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njg5595 said:

Earth-19 is Gotham by Gaslight, but also Wonder Woman: Amazonia by William Messner-Loebs and Phil Winslade

Thanks! I didn't know about that one.

Jekylhyde14 the Rubik's Cube has popped up a few times in the new52 i guess people just didn't notice most recently in futures end earth 2 one shot last September but how is it that we have 2 sets of new gods and no one is talking about this in their reviews and the fact that dc said that the new gods would be one of a kind in the multiverse even though they are clearly not in this guidebook these are the new gods from final crisis

I'm not certain I can answer this question, but here's my best attempt. Highfather says the following in The Multiversity Guidebook: "(Darkseid) touches many worlds now. He wears many faces. All grim." Then Big Barda adds: "Each (world) hosting multiple emanations of Darkseid, Lightray. And of us."

The word emanation carries this definition in Webster's dictionary: the origination of the world by a series of hierarchically descending radiations from the Godhead through intermediate stages to matter.

What this word means is, basically, radiation from God came from a higher dimensional plane and then diffused, separated, and solidified into earthly matter. What was one (the Godhead) became many (the Earth and everything on it). Picture the New Gods like that. If you check the Multiversity map, you'll see that New Genesis and Apokolips both exist outside the collection of the 52 worlds separated by the Speed Force Wall. This means we can probably consider the New God characters existing on a higher dimensional plane than the 52 earths. These New Gods that exist outside the Speed Force wall would be immutable and unaffected by things like Flashpoint. However, when the New Gods descend past the Speed Force Wall and into the lower dimension of the 52 earths then their godheads would diffuse, separate, and solidify into different versions of themselves across the 52 earths. They are all the same New Gods but they are different aspects of them across each separate world.

That's my take on it, anyway. It might be a cop-out but it does explain the different versions of the New Gods. I hope that helps.

anthonygiboyeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I just hope that this is addressed at some point.

AFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, one question concerning Earth-35...does anyone know who Ms. X is supposed to be a stand in for? I've been trying to and it's driving me nuts because I can't figure it out.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afox said:

Uh, one question concerning Earth-35...does anyone know who Ms. X is supposed to be a stand in for? I've been trying to and it's driving me nuts because I can't figure it out.

My best guess would be Alley Cat. Alley Cat was a female vigilante who fought with a whip, so she was a Catwoman stand-in. Miss X appears to be a normal vigilante who is dressed up as Zorro who... fought with a whip. Again, that's my best guess. They could have just gone with another version of Catwoman, but this feels more creative.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afox said:

lol, or... she could be Twilight....Yeah.... probably Twilight.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great OP!

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jekylhyde14
    TreehouseProm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing insights, all. I really like Jekylhyde14's take on the emanations thing. But the further question arises: If there are multiple emanations on multiple Earths, then does that mean there are also multiple versions of Apokolips and New Genesis? To reiterate, I can totally buy that Johns' New 52 Darkseid is an emanation of the higher version that exists outside and above, but we've seen him and his cronies (which must be emanations themselves) hangin around Apokolips. And we've seen New Genesis in the New 52 as well. Are these God Realms merely emanations of the REAL Apokolips and REAL New Genesis? Also, does the same apply to the Rock of Eternity?

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing insights, all. I really like Jekylhyde14's take on the emanations thing. But the further question arises: If there are multiple emanations on multiple Earths, then does that mean there are also multiple versions of Apokolips and New Genesis? To reiterate, I can totally buy that Johns' New 52 Darkseid is an emanation of the higher version that exists outside and above, but we've seen him and his cronies (which must be emanations themselves) hangin around Apokolips. And we've seen New Genesis in the New 52 as well. Are these God Realms merely emanations of the REAL Apokolips and REAL New Genesis? Also, does the same apply to the Rock of Eternity?

Thanks for reading and for the kind words! Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My best guess where New Genesis and Apokolips are concerned is that they're emanations of the real thing just like the gods themselves. As I said before, the emanations theory is just a personal theory, but it makes sense considering the New Gods we've seen on Earth-0 look different from the New Gods seen on Earth-51 in The Multiversity Guidebook. I can only assume that if the gods are different then the planets are different as well and, therefore, emanations of the higher Apokolips and New Genesis.

I can, maybe, be more specific when it comes to the Rock of Eternity. We know that the wizard Shazam seen in Earth-0 is much different from the wizard Shazam on Earth-5. However, the Rock of Eternity seems to rest on top of and below The House of Heroes on the Map of the Multiverse. In the Multiversity #1, Captain Carrot says The House of Heroes is "-rotating through the fifth dimension around a fixed point in the structure of the multiversal Orrery of Worlds!" The fact that it's rotating through the fifth dimension and Bleedspace causes the architecture of The House of Heroes to shift and change. I'm pretty sure we can assume that the Rock of Eternity works in a similar way. In the Multiversity Guidebook, the Hannibal Lecter Sivana describes their artificial Rock of Eternity like this:

No Caption Provided

Let's picture the Rock of Eternity as a top spinning through the fifth dimension like Hannibal Sivana suggests. The top is in a fixed point that intersects with all 52 worlds of the multiverse. It's the same top if seen from the fifth dimension, but its appearance and contents are different in the third dimension depending on which world you are in. There is one Rock of Eternity but it's different depending on what world you're seeing it from. You could then ask, well, why doesn't The House of Heroes act the same way? I would shrug and say. "Monitor technology?" Though, the House of Heroes does act in a sightly similar way with its shifting and changing architecture. This is the best theory I could come up with, but, again, it's a personal theory. It'll be interesting to see if there are any official explanations in the future and if my theories stack up to them.

TreehouseProm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TreehouseProm

I've been thinking a lot on the subject(s) at hand. Morrison is really taking The Multiversity as the sequel to Final Crisis very, deadly serious. With that in mind, I'd argue that, like the Rock of Eternity, there is only one New Genesis and one Apokolips (as the Multiversity Map shows). At the end of Final Crisis, the New Gods were reborn and shuffled off to rule over Earth-51 (aka Earth AD aka Kamandi's Earth). Now The Multiversity Guidebook reveals that after Final Crisis, Darkseid's body was entombed on Earth-51, which seems appropriate since Orion's body was buried there as well (as seen in Final Crisis #7). (NOTE that Orion is STILL DEAD as we don't see him with the others!) The Multiversity Guidebook adds the extra info that the New Gods went into a sort of hibernation (they only just awake from "slumber" in the Guidebook) when they went to Earth-51 at the end of Final Crisis. New Genesis and Apokolips, meanwhile, were left vacant!

My argument is that Earth-51 remained unaffected by Flashpoint, but the latter created new emanations of the New Genesian New Gods and Apkoloptian New Gods (i.e. New 52 versions) that filled the vacancies left behind on their respective homes. Further evidence for this is that the Supertown shown in The Guidebook IS NOT on New Genesis. On New Genesis, Supertown was (and remains) a floating city of splendor, high above the earth below. This Supertown is specifically GROUNDED, attached to the bombastically named "Screaming Mountains," something that sounds VERY Earth AD, no?

If this theory is correct, then we have the REAL uber New Gods waking from their slumber on Earth-51 not only to find the REAL uber Darkseid has crawled out of his tomb, but that some weird cosmic Flash-related anomaly (Flashpoint) has created mini-versions (New 52 emanations) running around in their places in their former homes.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@treehouseprom: holy sheet, so Darkseid Wars is just nothing? What's going on?

TreehouseProm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliustakalua: Early to tell, but Johns has already upped his stakes to the Multiversity level of gameplay by showing that Metron is VERY aware of the TRUE history of the ever changing multiverse (dating back to the 1930s and including Crisis, Zero Hour, Flashpoint, etc...). Likewise, the Anti-Monitor is THE ANTI-MONITOR from original Crisis—and he even basically calls out Uber Brainiac for being nothing compared to him. I'd argue that THE DARKSEID is finally back for Johns to use. Darkseid was released from his tomb and set out to power-up by assimilating his emanations. That wasn't shown at the end of Multiversity, but why not assume that it damn well happened? By the same logic, the fact that Metron now seems more cosmically aware of the true layers of DC's history implies that the New Gods (or at least some of them, or at least Metron) have also regained their power after the long slumber, by reconnecting with emanations or by other similar means.

Again, really too soon to tell, but I do love the way Morrison relegated the New Gods and Darkseid of the New 52 to mere "emanation" status so that he could put emphasis on the importance of the hierarchy of the Gods (and true DC history). And I love even more that Johns, instead of ignoring Multiversity, gives us an opening to "Darkseid War" that acknowledges both it and Convergence too. Johns is telling us that the Darkseid, Metron, and Anti-Monitor we will see in "Darkseid War" are all the REAL DEALS. Also, Anti-Monitor as Mobius is a great reveal.

:-) Check out my site at http://www.therealbatmanchronologyproject.com/blog/

TreehouseProm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TreehouseProm

@treehouseprom: ALSO, a new thought: Metron isn't shown with the other New Gods on Earth-51 in The Multiversity. Is it possible that Metron chose to continue acting as "watcher," and never bothered to slumber with his peers after Final Crisis? The more I think about it, the more it seems like Metron has always been full-on 100% NON-emanated METRON, even in the New 52! (There still has to be at least one Metron emanation that exists, though, since Nazi Superman had a version of the Mobius Chair in his Hall of Trophies... unless it really wasn't the Mobius Chair, of course. Or maybe it was simply an emanation ofjust the Mobius Chair? Or a second type of Mobius Chair? Or not even the Mobius Chair?)

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@treehouseprom: ALSO, a new thought: Metron isn't shown with the other New Gods on Earth-51 in The Multiversity. Is it possible that Metron chose to continue acting as "watcher," and never bothered to slumber with his peers after Final Crisis? The more I think about it, the more it seems like Metron has always been full-on 100% NON-emanated METRON, even in the New 52! (There still has to be at least one Metron emanation that exists, though, since Nazi Superman had a version of the Mobius Chair in his Hall of Trophies... unless it really wasn't the Mobius Chair, of course. Or maybe it was simply an emanation ofjust the Mobius Chair? Or a second type of Mobius Chair? Or not even the Mobius Chair?)

Wow, great insight!

Bit late with the reply but seems like DS Wars are going that way. I like the plot n story so far but the individual issues have not exactly advanced the story or plot at all, which is a bummer. But what do you think will happen to Orion? He's my favorite New God and so far, he's been a cocky brat with too much power. If what was discussed in this forum is true, then shouldn't Nu52 Orion be like a REGEN of the old Orion? If that is true then I personally want there to be an epic journey for Orion similar in scale and quality to the mini-run by walter simmonson. But this time, he becomes his badass old self and gains the fury of the source.

I never understood FC or Multiversity, but I loved them anyways. I like reading people discuss Morrison's work, especially his epics. His style and writing will become stuff of legend literary importance in decades time.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC is crazy for not making Earth-10 and Earth-23 have their own series...they would sell very well, i'm sure

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.