Follow

DC Multiverse

Concept » DC Multiverse appears in 1367 issues.

The Multiverse is a pivotal concept in DC Comics. Over the years, it has gone through many changes, and has nearly been destroyed on a few occasions, but always ends up intact.

If You Ran DC Comics....

• 62 results
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

I saw this on the comic book resources forum and thought it would be a good idea to bring it over to here. What characters would you give a new book to? What characters would you kill off or bring back? What creative teams would you put on a specific book?

I would:

1. I'd give Damian Wayne his on solo book with Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely handling the writing/art.
    2. I'd have Greg Rucka writing the main Green Lantern title and as creative head on GL Corps.
    3. I'd give Alan Scott his own solo book written by Peter Tomasi and I'd have Doug Mahnke do the art.
    4. I'd leave Dick Grayson in the cowl for AT LEAST 4 years.
    5. I'd bring back Aquaman and have JMS write the book with J.H. Williams III providing the art.
    6. I'd give Superboy a solo book and have Greg Rucka/Francis Manapul as the writing/art.
    7. I'd put recap pages in all books so new readers can easily catch up. (Similar to what Marvel does.) 
    8. I'd launch a new Spectre mini series with a more horror oriented tone to it.  
    9. I'd bring Swamp Thing back into the DCU and try a new ongoing series, and the flag title of a new horror line of DCU books, along with other mini series and ongoings starring Spectre, Dr Fate, Etrigan, Deadman, and the Phantom Stranger.

One of the first things I would do is sit every writer down in a room(or conference call) along with the editors. I would hand out a DC Encyclopedia for everyone. It will be homework. LEARN YOUR CHARACTERS. You don't have to write like the writer before you, but you have to know the character.

I'd also do the same for the artists. I'd reassure them that they have artistic freedom, but coloring and costume mistakes will not be tolerated. And while some artists prefer their personal colorists, my staff will decide whether he/she has the look we want for your art. Too long have some artists been held back by lackluster coloring.

Before these meetings take place, I would make sure my editors knew exactly what we are doing. I want them to be breathing down the creative teams necks. I don't want them harassing the creators over deadlines, but I want absolutely no word bubble problems. I don't want any unnecessary/unplanned retcons to ANY story that hasn't received the go ahead from our staff. While fans generally hate the word and usage of "retcon", I can not say that they should never be used. However, under my administration, it would be used very sparsely, maybe once per year, if that...

M

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vortex13

Now I want you to run DC lol.

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Watch Dog
    @Methos said:
    "   One of the first things I would do is sit every writer down in a room(or conference call) along with the editors. I would hand out a DC Encyclopedia for everyone. It will be homework. LEARN YOUR CHARACTERS. You don't have to write like the writer before you, but you have to know the character. I'd also do the same for the artists. I'd reassure them that they have artistic freedom, but coloring and costume mistakes will not be tolerated. And while some artists prefer their personal colorists, my staff will decide whether he/she has the look we want for your art. Too long have some artists been held back by lackluster coloring. Before these meetings take place, I would make sure my editors knew exactly what we are doing. I want them to be breathing down the creative teams necks. I don't want them harassing the creators over deadlines, but I want absolutely no word bubble problems. I don't want any unnecessary/unplanned retcons to ANY story that hasn't received the go ahead from our staff. While fans generally hate the word and usage of "retcon", I can not say that they should never be used. However, under my administration, it would be used very sparsely, maybe once per year, if that...  M  "
    I toetaly agree with all of this and Marvel should do it to I hate it when writers and artiest F S*** up because ignorance
    LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LP

Methos I totally agree you'd rock that!
    Except with Frank Quitely lol.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

I want to lay out my plan for 2011. Let's assume that I know what the post-Blackest Night world will be, and the conclusion to the annoying Superman/New Krypton event. This is how the DCU would look under my editorial pen for an entire year. Clicking on the artists' name will give you a sample of their work in case you are not familiar with their work by name. Now please, enjoy:

Batman Family Titles

~Batman- Chris Yost w/ Jim Cheung
    ~Gotham Central Chris Yost  w/ Michael Lark
    ~Detective Comics- Chris Yost w/ Rags Morales
    ~Catwoman- Paul Dini w/ Guillem March
    ~Batgirl Chris Yost  w/ Aaron Lopresti
    ~Nightwing- Peter Tomasi w/ Shane Davis
    ~Outsiders- Dave Gibbons w/ Lee Garbett

Superman Family Titles

~Superman- Mark Waid w/ Leinil Francis Yu
    ~Action Comics(Starring Superboy)- Mark Waid w/ Don Kramer
    ~Supergirl- Sterling Gates w/ Jamal Igle
    ~Captain Atom(4 issue series)- James Robinson w/ Mauro Cascioli

DCU Team/Group Titles

~JLA- Kurt Busiek w/ Eddy Barrows
    ~Teen Titans- Gail Simone w/ Marcus To
    ~Checkmate- Greg Rucka w/ Carlos Barberi
    ~Green Lantern Corps- Kurt Busiek w/ Doug Mahnke
    ~All Flash- Fabian Nicieza w/ Tony Daniel

DCU Titles

~The Flash- Geoff Johns w/ Scott Kolins
    ~Wonder Woman- Grant Morrison w/ Philip Tan
    ~Green Arrow- Matt Sturges w/ Freddie Williams II
    ~Green Lantern- Kurt Busiek w/ Dale Eaglesham
    ~Adventure Comics(Starring Aquaman)- Joe Kelly w/ Ivan Reis

Co-features
    I have to admit, I love the co-feature idea. Its a great plan, but only if its not widespread or does not hinder the main feature of the title. My plan as Editor would to make sure these titles took advantage of a great idea. None of these have titles but instead characters, but they would of course have a central story that may or may not coincide with its main feature.

~Donna Troy(in Wonder Woman)- Kevin VanHook w/ Francis Manapul
    ~Martian Manhunter(in Adventure Comics)- David Hine w/ ChrisCross
    ~Huntress(in Outsiders)- J.T. Krul w/ Tom Mandrake

Miniseries
    I'd want the DCU to have a nice corner of one theme, I believe the DCU needs a magic theme yearly. Separate but interconnected stories, similar to Seven Soldiers. So among these miniseries, you'll see 4 different series for each quarter of the year, with a special one shot bringing it all together. The other miniseries are pretty self explanatory.

~The Spectre(3 issue series)(1st Quarter)- Neil Gaiman w/ Frazer Irving
    ~SHAZAM!(3 issue series)(2nd Quarter)- James Robinson w/ CAFU
    ~The Fate of Doctor Fate(4 issue series)(3rd Quarter)- Bill Willingham & Mark Millar w/ JG Jones
    ~Zatanna(4 issue series)(4th Quarter)- Paul Dini w/ Cameron Stewart

~More Than Magic(Oversized One Shot)- Bill Willingham w/ Ed Benes
    ~Hawkman(6 issue series)- Brian Azzarello w/ Ryan Sook
    ~Arsenal(Oversized One Shot)- Matt Sturges w/ Ardian Syaf
    ~TITANS: Prophecy(4 issue series)(3rd Quarter)- Dan Abnett w/ Jose Luis
    ~Brave and the Bold(6 issue series)Starring Jay Garrick & Alan Scott- Greg Rucka w/ Pete Woods

M

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Things I would keep that Didio already does: 

1. Not launching any ongoing series/miniseries until we have enough issues in the can to prevent delays. They really can take away some of the momentum of a story depending on how big they are.
    2. Support for ongoing/miniseries featuring more obscure character for other genres to keep DC from becoming exclusively a superhero comics Company. EX: Jonah Hex and Warlord ongoing series, Sgt. Rock's recently wrapped up miniseries.
    3. Keep the events into the format of the main miniseries, a few extra miniseries and the ocasional tie-in with an ongoing series, at the same time make sure that the writers who get to do the tie-ins are on the same level as the writer of the event and that they can indeed add something to the story instead of just doing it for the sake of it.
    Things I would do:

1. More cohesive connection between the DC Comics' comic distributor and the DC Comics' tradepaperback/hardcover distributor. Didio has expressed in the past how they are not connected and how he has no say in which titles are or aren't collected. The lack of cohesive between the two has both taken away the opportunity for the company to make great money and deny the fans of some of the great and forgotten stories. Perfect examples: When Bart Allen died it would have been the perfect opportunity for DC to collect the adventures of the hero under his first ongoing series as Impulse. The lack of number of Aquaman tps and hardcovers is patetic, how is DC going to do the so desired push for the King of Seas in popularity when most of his stories aren't in paperback? Better yet is not having John Ostrander's Spectre, Martian Manhunter and most importantly Suicide Squad collected in any shape or form, John Ostrander right now needs money for a surgery to save his sight, various talent of the medium has been apporting the best they can but that won't be enough so far. If DC collects any/all of these runs and gives a part to John Ostrander for his surgery they'll get good money, will help fund an audience for those characters and will have the image that they helped someone when he needed them the most, why don't do it?
    2. The return of Mystery in Space with Adam Strange and Captain Comet as the ongoing stars.
    3. Mark Waid back to the DCU, he has expressed his interest in doing so and is one of the best talents in the series.
    4. Judd Winnick, Adam Beechen and Sean Mckeever  out
    5. More support for the Milestone characters no matter if Dwayne Mcduffie is directly connected to the project or not. I would love to see new Static and/or Icon ongoings.
    6. Captain Marvel and the complete family back into prominence, preferably with Geoff Johns in the head considering the great love and handling he has for them.
    7. Attempt to return such classic heroes like the hawks, the Atom, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman into the prominence and popularity they once carried.
    8. Wonder Woman is a member of the trinity, she won't EVER be threated as less than that and maybe most importantly; less than Superman or Batman
    9. Doctor Fate's new ongoing along with the already expected to be released next year Zatanna ongoing. Those as the series that help rebuild the magic side of the DCU
    10. New Aquaman and Martian Manhunter series. They are two of the favorite Justice Leaguers and two of the founding members as well as some of the most powerful heroes on DC's Earth, they should be threated with respect.
    11. Hawkman new book with Atom as the co-feature
    12. Elseworlds story featuring the New Gods
    13. Cancellation of both the Teen Titans and Titans books until I can find writers that actually know what to do with the characters.
    14. Every single new ongoing series has the first issue on .99 cents like Vertigo does, it's a shame that so many series aren't given a chance because they aren't fan favorite characters such as Secret Six, The Shield, etc.
    15. The return of "DC Comics Presents:" as an ongoing series featuring the various characters of the DCU varying on arcs as well as creative teams, preferably the characters that don't have already an ongoing series. Sad fact is that there are characters that no matter how good they are, they simply can't sustain an ongoing series on their own so many times writers keep the ideas on their heads. This is an opportunity to expose their ideas without making it such a hard way to invest in it.
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Calvin
    @Methos:  
    • Relaunch Justice League International with a  new selection of characters, make a real international team using people like the Geo-Force and  Kimiyo Hoshi, and make them work all around the planet dealing with people in Africa, South America, Europe, Asia, give a real  inter-cultural aesthetic to the comics. 
    • Put in Supergirl's book Kelley Puckett as a writer and Alé Garza as the artist. 
    • Bring back to the living the Martian and Arthur
    • Make a 6 issue book name "JLA Old Guard" in which I would bring back the original members of the JLA from the old days! 
    • Create a Superman / Batman Family comic book. - All the people behind Batman and Superman, in missions together, also with characters outside of the family but more closer to them than the regular superheroes, like Diana. 
    • Create something like Wednesday comics, but ONLINE
    • Writing and Drawing contests one time per year for the Fans!!!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

Ooh I like the idea of choosing the creative teams. Let's assume first that every single ongoing series currently published by DC is still in distribution by then:

Superman comics:
    Action Comics ( Geoff Johns/ Gary Frank)
    Superman ( Mark Waid/ Pete Woods)
    Supergirl ( Sterling Gates/ Jamal Igle)
    Adventure Comics: Featuring the Legion of Superheroes ( Paul Levitz/ George Perez)
    Power Girl Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti/ Amanda Conner

Batman comics:
    Detective Comics featuring Batwoman Greg Rucka/ J. H. Williams III 
    Batman Peter Tomasi/ Ardian Syaf
    Batman and Robin Grant Morrison/ Frank Quitely
    Red Robin Chuck Dixon/Ramon Bachs (no link found)
    Batgirl Chuck Dixon/ Nicola Scott
    Outsiders John Ostrander/ Scott Kolins
    Gotham Sirens Paul Dini/ Guillem March
    Gotham Streets Paul Dini/ Dustin Nguyen
    Azrael Fabian Nicieza/Jock (no link found)
    Batman Confidential Dennis O'neil/ Neal Adams

DC Universe series

Wonder Woman Greg Rucka/ J,G. Jones
    Green Lantern (I know I'm gonna be hated by Methos for this) Geoff Johns/ Doug Mahnke
    Green Lantern Corps Peter Tomasi/ Billy Tucci
    Flash Geoff Johns/ Francis Manapul
    Justice League of America. This is a tricky one, if it's with the current recently announced line-up then James Robinson as they are basically most of his favorite characters.If not it would be Kurt Busiek/ Mark Bagley
    Justice Society of America  James Robinson/ Dale Eaglesham
    ALL Stars Justice Society of America Peter Tomasi/ Jesus Merino
    Teen Titans J. T. Krul/ Eddy Barrows
    Titans Marv Wolfman/ George Perez
    Doom Patrol Keith Giffen/ Matthew Clark
    R.E.B.E.L.S Tony Bedard/ Andy Clarke
    Booster Gold Dan Jurgens W/A
    The Warlod  Mike Grell W/A
    Jonah Hex Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti/Various artists
    The Shield Eric Trautmann/ Marco Rudy
    The Web Matt Sturges/ Roger Robinson
    Magog Cancelled for not being good and because sales will probably suck
    Green Arrow Kevin Smith & Gail Simone /Cliff Chiang
    Secret Six Gail Simone/ Nicola Scott
    The Brave and the Bold J. Michael Straczynski/ Jesus Saiz
    Superman/Batman J. MichaelStraczynski /Jim Lee

New ongoing series

Second Wonder Woman ongoing ( Grant Morrison/ Aaron Lopresti)
    Aquaman ( Geoff Johns/ Ivan Reis)
    Captain Marvel ( J. Michael Straczynski/ Mauro Cascioli)
    Martian Manhunter ( Peter Tomasi/ Doug Mahnke)
    Hawkman ( Geoff Johns/ Rag Morales)
    Doctor Fate ( Bill Willingham & Matt Sturges/ Phillip Tan)
    The Guardian ( James Robinson/ Renato Guedes)
    Nightwing & Flamebird ( Greg Rucka & Eric Trautmann/Pere Perez) (no link) 
    Zatanna ( Paul Dini/ Ryan Sook)
    Black Canary Gail Simone/Ed Benes
    DC Comics presents (Rotating writers and artists) 

Co-features
     Ravager (in Teen Titans) Cancelled because I fired Mckeever
    Legion of Superheroes (Adventure Comics) Cancelled because the Legion will become the star of the book
    Metal Men (Doom Patrol)
    Blue Beetle (Cancel if I get to make it an ongoing again)
    Manhunter (Look above)
    The Question (Detective Comics) 
    Black Canary Cancelled because of new series
    Captain Atom
    Inferno
    Hangman (Could I have it my way, Hangman would replace the Web as the main feature)

New Co-features
    Wally West (Flash) Announced recently, if I could I would make it the main feature while Barry becomes the co-feature
    Connor Hawke (Green Arrow)
    Atom (Hawkman)
    Valor/Mon-El (Guardian)
    Suicide Squad (Secret Six)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Methos said:
    " I saw this on the comic book resources forum and thought it would be a good idea to bring it over to here. What characters would you give a new book to? What characters would you kill off or bring back? What creative teams would you put on a specific book? I would: 1. I'd give Damian Wayne his on solo book with Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely handling the writing/art. 2. I'd have Greg Rucka writing the main Green Lantern title and as creative head on GL Corps. 3. I'd give Alan Scott his own solo book written by Peter Tomasi and I'd have Doug Mahnke do the art. 4. I'd leave Dick Grayson in the cowl for AT LEAST 4 years. 5. I'd bring back Aquaman and have JMS write the book with J.H. Williams III providing the art. 6. I'd give Superboy a solo book and have Greg Rucka/Francis Manapul as the writing/art. 7. I'd put recap pages in all books so new readers can easily catch up. (Similar to what Marvel does.)  8. I'd launch a new Spectre mini series with a more horror oriented tone to it.   9. I'd bring Swamp Thing back into the DCU and try a new ongoing series, and the flag title of a new horror line of DCU books, along with other mini series and ongoings starring Spectre, Dr Fate, Etrigan, Deadman, and the Phantom Stranger.  One of the first things I would do is sit every writer down in a room(or conference call) along with the editors. I would hand out a DC Encyclopedia for everyone. It will be homework. LEARN YOUR CHARACTERS. You don't have to write like the writer before you, but you have to know the character. I'd also do the same for the artists. I'd reassure them that they have artistic freedom, but coloring and costume mistakes will not be tolerated. And while some artists prefer their personal colorists, my staff will decide whether he/she has the look we want for your art. Too long have some artists been held back by lackluster coloring. Before these meetings take place, I would make sure my editors knew exactly what we are doing. I want them to be breathing down the creative teams necks. I don't want them harassing the creators over deadlines, but I want absolutely no word bubble problems. I don't want any unnecessary/unplanned retcons to ANY story that hasn't received the go ahead from our staff. While fans generally hate the word and usage of "retcon", I can not say that they should never be used. However, under my administration, it would be used very sparsely, maybe once per year, if that...  M  "
    I agree with everything but number 2, but that's mainly because I like what Johns is doing with the GL book. But Rucka would probably do very well on that book.
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10  Edited By Darkchild
    @Methos said:
    " I saw this on the comic book resources forum and thought it would be a good idea to bring it over to here. What characters would you give a new book to? What characters would you kill off or bring back? What creative teams would you put on a specific book? I would: 1. I'd give Damian Wayne his on solo book with Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely handling the writing/art. 2. I'd have Greg Rucka writing the main Green Lantern title and as creative head on GL Corps. 3. I'd give Alan Scott his own solo book written by Peter Tomasi and I'd have Doug Mahnke do the art. 4. I'd leave Dick Grayson in the cowl for AT LEAST 4 years. 5. I'd bring back Aquaman and have JMS write the book with J.H. Williams III providing the art. 6. I'd give Superboy a solo book and have Greg Rucka/Francis Manapul as the writing/art. 7. I'd put recap pages in all books so new readers can easily catch up. (Similar to what Marvel does.)  8. I'd launch a new Spectre mini series with a more horror oriented tone to it.   9. I'd bring Swamp Thing back into the DCU and try a new ongoing series, and the flag title of a new horror line of DCU books, along with other mini series and ongoings starring Spectre, Dr Fate, Etrigan, Deadman, and the Phantom Stranger.  One of the first things I would do is sit every writer down in a room(or conference call) along with the editors. I would hand out a DC Encyclopedia for everyone. It will be homework. LEARN YOUR CHARACTERS. You don't have to write like the writer before you, but you have to know the character. I'd also do the same for the artists. I'd reassure them that they have artistic freedom, but coloring and costume mistakes will not be tolerated. And while some artists prefer their personal colorists, my staff will decide whether he/she has the look we want for your art. Too long have some artists been held back by lackluster coloring. Before these meetings take place, I would make sure my editors knew exactly what we are doing. I want them to be breathing down the creative teams necks. I don't want them harassing the creators over deadlines, but I want absolutely no word bubble problems. I don't want any unnecessary/unplanned retcons to ANY story that hasn't received the go ahead from our staff. While fans generally hate the word and usage of "retcon", I can not say that they should never be used. However, under my administration, it would be used very sparsely, maybe once per year, if that...  M  "

STANDS UP AN CLAPS LIKE A MAD MAN
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If I ran DC I would never let Frank Quietly get work on any comics.

Nort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Nort

I would make everything that went before non-canon and relaunch alot of charaters wth Me as the writter.

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By burr787

New Ongoings

• Damian- written by Grant Morrison then given to Peter Tomasi
    • Super Young Team-  Joe Casey 
    • Batman Max- this would be a more mature Batman based in Brian Azzerello's Joker universe. Written by Brian Azzerello
    • All Star Green Lantern- Darwyn Cooke
    • Aqua Man- I'm not sure
    • Suicide Squad- John Ostrander

New Back-ups

• Cassandra Cain
    • Bruce in the past

Batman books
    • Batman- Peter Tomasi
    • Gotham City Sirens- Gail Simone
    • Batgirl- Jimmy Palmiotti
    • Azreal- Grant Morrison

Changes to DC
    • Bring back Elseworlds
    • Dick Grayson remains Batman for at least 5 years
    • When Bruce comes back, Damian remains with Dick and they get an ongoing together.

That's all I can think of right now.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Watch Dog
    @Vance Astro said:
    " If I ran DC I would never let Frank Quietly get work on any comics. "
    Best idea hear.

I hate that guy.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Watch Dog said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Best idea hear.  I hate that guy. "
    An amazing artist that gets a lot of unfair hate.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

Some nice choices here :D

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Lady Shiva would get her own book and become one of Batman's most recognizable villains. Cassandra Cain would become Shiva's right hand, once again returning to her evil roots.

Avatar image for blackandredflag
    Blackandredflag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blackandredflag

id make grant morrison write everything...

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19  Edited By Darkchild

Blue Beetle would have his own ongoing, and would be written by JMS or Grant Morrison.  simple as that lol

I have more just none coming to mind right now

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nighthunter
    @Vance Astro said:
    shame on you. Quitely's art is amazing
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'd give Mr. Miracle a new ongoing or at least have Grant Morrison finish revamping the New Gods
    Avatar image for darth_brendroid
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By darth_brendroid

I would revamp Penguin so that he's in the same league as Joker and co. Because I love his character, and want others to appreciate a classic bat-rogue.

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darth_brendroid

I dunno, the New Gods idea didn't click with me too well. Maybe that'd be something to work on - making the New Gods a part that can be appreciated by everyone. Superman's rogues gallery needs a bit of beefing up too - maybe remove Lex Luthor for a while and allow some other enemies to show their colours.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nighthunter

Isn't the new world of the New Gods one of the few Morrison will explore in Multiversity?

Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek the lost:
    did you read the Final Crisis Sketchbook ? it was fantastic all these ideas for revamping the fourth world into the Fifth, like changing the Forever People from Space Hippies into Space Goths! lol but the stuff for Granny Goodness and Desaad were very good, disturbed/inspired Morrisony revisions
    Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Drafta
    @darth_brendroid said:
    " I would revamp Penguin so that he's in the same league as Joker and co. Because I love his character, and want others to appreciate a classic bat-rogue. "
    Yes PLEASE.
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By darth_brendroid

You agree with that idea Drafta? lol, I've had this idea for 'Ultimate DC' xD and I revamped the Penguin a bit for that. Dunno if it'd go down so well in the normal books, but the guy needs a bit more menace.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nighthunter

Penguin is one of the most prominent crime bosses of Gotham. I love the character but can't see him as anything more than a mob boss. Maybe take away Two-face and Black Mask from those positions to make Penguin the absolute crime lord in Gotham once more

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By darth_brendroid

For some reason, I've never seen Two-Face as really being the type for mob-bossness... maybe if Dent decided to work in a similar way to Dark Knight - or, in his own twisted way, try to continue what he was doing before One Year Later but with the coin, to try and earn Batman's respect or even undermine him. Black Mask I feel could work as a rival to Penguin - both of them trying to destroy each others operations.

Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Drafta
    @darth_brendroid: I love the idea. ^^
     The Penguin is one of my favorite villains of all time, and that's coming from a Marvel fanboy.
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By darth_brendroid

lol, alright then Drafta ^^ alongside my Penguin revamp, I'd increase the importance of the other superheroes. Honestly - you think of Marvel and you think of about 7 heroes and maybe a couple of teams, think of DC and it's only about 5.

Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek the lost:
    some of the notes are stuff that are so obvious but no one but him would have thought of them
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nighthunter
    @darth_brendroid said:
    " lol, alright then Drafta ^^ alongside my Penguin revamp, I'd increase the importance of the other superheroes. Honestly - you think of Marvel and you think of about 7 heroes and maybe a couple of teams, think of DC and it's only about 5. "
    for the general public?

I can think of:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Robin
    Aquaman
    Flash
    Green Lantern  
    Wonder Twins
    Martian Manhunter
    Hawkgirl
    Justice League
    Teen Titans
    Legion of Superheroes

Those I can assure you for a fact taht people know
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By darth_brendroid

You can definately assure? Okay, okay. Maybe I was just thinking of the ones that DC would really consider turning into films. And if that's the case, then out of all those ones listed there only Batman, Superman, Flash, GL, maybe Robin, Aquaman and Wonder Woman (she's had a film in development hell for almost centuries, lol) could work. So the Wonder Twins, the Hawks, Martian Manhunter, Teen Titans and the Legion need a bit of work, as well as the ones that I listed could maybe work (R, A and WW).

Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Hawkman back an ongoing and focus on his lesser known foes like Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray did during one of the last story arcs we need more Satana and Hummingbird

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By darth_brendroid

Gonzo, we think alike lol.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nighthunter

Teen Titans and JL have also been under imaginary  production (No matter how many times they say it is, I won't  believe so until I see a trailer)
    If the movie is the only criteria I add Blackhawks, Congo Bill, Captain Marvel and the Spirit, all of who have had movies in the past, although most people probably have never heard of them. The world is also going to see the debut of Jonah Hex this year.
     Oh I forgot Catwoman and Supergirl lol, never sure if she counts as a hero or villain for the mass audience.

For Marvel the characters I think they knew before all of the movies were Captain America, Iron man, Hulk, Spider-man, the Fantastic Four and the X-men. Seriously, I doubt anyone knew of Punisher, Daredevil., Ghost Rider and/or Elektra before the movies came.

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By darth_brendroid

I think people may have heard of Punisher. I also think they might have known about Thor (my dad who doesn't know comics knows about Thor) and a couple of others.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nighthunter

He know about Thor the god or Thor the comic character?
    Like?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nighthunter

He know about Thor the god or Thor the comic character?
    Like?

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darth_brendroid

Thor the comic character.

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

I'd re-launch Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 5, with the Earth-Prime Legion. Writer would be Jim Shooter, artist Barry Kitson.
    Adventure Comics would still feature New Earth's Legion, and would be written by Paul Levitz (like announced?) and drawn by George Perez...the post-Zero Hour/Earth-247 Legion would make guest appearances in various titles.
    Superman's main title would be written by Geoff Johns (note: he'd be told to cut down on the retcons and stick with official continuity!) and drawn by Gary Frank.
    Supergirl - writer Sterling Gates, artist Jamal Igle (don't really have much complaints with that team).
    Action Comics - would feature Conner Kent (writer: Geoff Johns, artist: Mike McKone), and co-feature Nightwing and Flamebird (assuming they're still alive/present after the New Krypton event next year; written by Greg Rucka, drawn by Pere Pérez).

Yeah..I'm not really caught up with the rest of the DCU at the moment :P

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Scourge
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Watch Dog
    @inferiorego said:
    " @Watch Dog said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Best idea hear.  I hate that guy. "
    An amazing artist that gets a lot of unfair hate. "
    I don't believe it's unfair. He made Wolverine look Italian and Emma look Asian
    and every girl had camel toe so bad it looked like they had packages so if that's what you want to look at more power to you.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Methos
    @Watch Dog said:
    every girl had camel toe so bad it looked like they had packages so if that's what you want to look at more power to you. "

*spit take*

did you Seriously just say that?

roflol

M
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Watch Dog
    @Blackandredflag said:
    " id make grant morrison write everything... "
    if that happened I would no longer read DC
    Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Satyrquaze

I'd fire Geoff Johns.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Watch Dog
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    "
    Give Hawkman back an ongoing and focus on his lesser known foes like Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray did during one of the last story arcs we need more Satana and Hummingbird
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "
    This is an excellent idea the story that Humming bird was in was awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.