Follow

DC Multiverse

Concept » DC Multiverse appears in 1367 issues.

The Multiverse is a pivotal concept in DC Comics. Over the years, it has gone through many changes, and has nearly been destroyed on a few occasions, but always ends up intact.

DC Multiverse- what would you like to see?

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By jsphsmth

The JSA on Earth-2 has been confirmed and Earth-12 with Batman Beyond seems all but confirmed. What other alternate Earths would you like to see explored?

Personally, I would love to read a comic based on Earth-10 where Uncle Sam and The Freedom Fighter battle the Axis after they defeat the Allies.

I do expect some news on this out of the NYCC.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

if they don't give Captain Marvel (the origial: Billy Batson) and family an appearence, I would say a Fawcett Universe, even though I know it wouldn't be too profitable for DC

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RScottH08

@The Poet: i believe with some recent interviews and what not from brian azzarelo (hope i spelled that right) and gail simone (props to dark huntress) i think a Captain Marvel/Marvel family book has all but been confirmed. the only thing is will it be in DCnU or a different earth. i do know that in a early interview this year or so that grant moorison said that his multiversity cap wouldve been on earth 5 or as he called it earth S, before it kinda fizzled out. and ive heard others others refer to earth 5 as the thunder universe as well, which some took as a cap marvel hint as well, but if its still gonna happen then who knows what they'll end up doing with the multiversity thing

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RScottH08

o i forgot to add what i would want to see lol. well of course the cap marvel is a must, and i'm still waiting on lobo to pop up somewhere lol

o ya and here are some links to interviews of multiversity from moorison from the past, they might be old but im just using them again lol

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21104#storyContinued

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2009/05/01/grant-morrisons-multiversity/

http://www.weeklycrisis.com/2009/04/multiversity-grant-morrison-watchmen-2.html

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

I want Gail Simone writing Gen 13 again....her run on the last volume was amazingly awesome!

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I would like to see prequel build up to kingdom come (quality work not like the stuff in kingdom post work of Kingdom come)

DarqKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DarqKnight

I disagree with the reintroduction of the multiverse. DC should just label comics either canon or non-canon. It gives writers the freedom to not conform to any of the alternate earths and hopefully by doing that we will get no crossovers between alternate earths. Also does anyone know what is happening with Huntress or Penguin: Pain and Prejudice, are they earth 2 or 1?

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jsphsmth

@DarqKnight: I think the Huntress mini is part of Earth-2, along with the Mister Terrific ongoing.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @RScottH08 said:

@The Poet: i believe with some recent interviews and what not from brian azzarelo (hope i spelled that right) and gail simone (props to dark huntress) i think a Captain Marvel/Marvel family book has all but been confirmed. the only thing is will it be in DCnU or a different earth. i do know that in a early interview this year or so that grant moorison said that his multiversity cap wouldve been on earth 5 or as he called it earth S, before it kinda fizzled out. and ive heard others others refer to earth 5 as the thunder universe as well, which some took as a cap marvel hint as well, but if its still gonna happen then who knows what they'll end up doing with the multiversity thing

Cap Marv will be a back up story in JSA, not sure what issue its starting at though 
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

ICON

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jsphsmth

So Shazam is a backup story in Justice League, does that mean that it takes place on Earth Prime? Seems like it would be a bad idea to tie the story to Earth-S if it is in the flagship title of Earth Prime.

Then again it seems like a bad idea to launch the Earth-2 reboot with Mister Terrific.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jsphsmth

@BlackArmor: Icon as part of Earth Prime or do you want the Milestone characters to have their own universe again?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

I want an inverse Earth-2 where we have a much younger generation of heroes instead of an older one, featuring the "second string" heroes like Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawke, Wally West, Donna Troy, etc as the primary versions of their mantles. I blogged about it previously here.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jsphsmth

@fodigg: I like the idea. Wasn't there an alternate Earth where the Titans had grown up and replaced the Justice League (maybe in 52)?

This would make for some happy fans. People keep asking about Wally and Donna and Cassandra and Connor, etc.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

@jsphsmth: All of Milestone but Icon ecspecially

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jsphsmth

@BlackArmor: I am worried that Static Shock will be used to judge whether or not more Milestone characters get their own titles. Sales aren't great and that isn't helped by the creative team shuffle it is undergoing.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatteredArmor

@jsphsmth: Yeah Static along with alot of other books that didn't really have the star power or relevancy behind them should really have gotten better creative teams hopefully when they change the writer things will pick up both in story and sales but by then it may be too late. hopefully they still give Milestone charecters a chance and give them better creative teams

DarqKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarqKnight

@jsphsmth: I will miss Huntress dearly. FUCK THE MULTIVERSE.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jsphsmth

@DarqKnight: It has only been hinted at that Huntress is taking place on Earth-2. Even if it is Earth-2, why let that get in the way of a great character-driven story?

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jsphsmth

Now that Earth-2 featuring the Justice Society and Worlds' Finest featuring the Earth-2 Huntress and Power Girl have been announced, I really wish that Grant Morrison would get that long promise Multiversity project out to us. Last I read, from an interview in Fall 2011, was that we should see it this summer. Hope he was correct. I cannot wait to see the the rest of the Multiverse populated.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By kidchipotle

@jsphsmth: What exactly is this Multiversity project going to be about? Is it going to be like a COIE/IC/FC or what?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By dernman

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@jsphsmth: What exactly is this Multiversity project going to be about? Is it going to be like a COIE/IC/FC or what?

It's going to involve the New Gods and maybe Pandora.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By kidchipotle

@Dernman: So is it going to be like a new, modernized version of the Crises? Sorry for the repetitive questioning, I just don't get it haha.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Adnan

Earth 9, I've always been interested in that Tangent stuff, haven't gotten round to reading the TPBs yet though.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By dernman

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Dernman: So is it going to be like a new, modernized version of the Crises? Sorry for the repetitive questioning, I just don't get it haha.

Where's not sure what it is as of yet. They haven't let out any details other then it revolves around the New Gods.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jsphsmth

@Dernman: Not so much. It isn't a event/crossover story.

@ArturoCalaKayVee: It is a nine issue exploration of the DC's Multiverse. Grant Morrison said that he will explore seven alternate Earths/dimensions. Morrison has mentioned the New Gods being in one and a "Nazi" Earth that I would guess would feature the Freedom Fighters. It has been in planning since 2009. He hinted it would be out this summer.

Edit: links to some articles

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jsphsmth

@Adnan said:

Earth 9, I've always been interested in that Tangent stuff, haven't gotten round to reading the TPBs yet though.

James Robinson renewed my interest in Tangent when he used the Tangent Green Lantern in Justice League last year. He also had the Crime Syndicate in that arc. I hope that that Earth gets explored again.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEGRAAF

@They Killed Cap! said:

I would like to see prequel build up to kingdom come (quality work not like the stuff in kingdom post work of Kingdom come)

Yea i would like to see Earth-22 before and after Kingdom Come.

@jsphsmth said:

Then again it seems like a bad idea to launch the Earth-2 reboot with Mister Terrific.

Yea but if you read his Solicits Mr. Terrific is going to be destroying his own company soon as well as finding out there is more to Karen Starr so i think he will be heading over to Earth-2 with her.

@fodigg said:

I want an inverse Earth-2 where we have a much younger generation of heroes instead of an older one, featuring the "second string" heroes like Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawke, Wally West, Donna Troy, etc as the primary versions of their mantles. I blogged about it previously here.

That would be cool too.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jsphsmth

Robinson's statement on Earth-2. Vague, but it is nice to see that we are finally getting to populate/explore the multiverse.

Now if only Morrison would get Multiversity completed.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jsphsmth

Summer 2012 and still no Multiversity. Great job Grant. Slowly losing hope here.

tgschermuly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For myself, what I would like to see is, first the explicit stating that Hypertime is a part of the DC multiverse. I know, I know...fat chance, right? But I can dream. They don't even have to actually use it; just say that it's there. My reason is that, among the lessons that I think DC should have learned is that getting rid of concepts is usually a bad idea. Ever since Crisis on Infinite Earths, trouble has always stemmed from trying to state that "Oh, that didn't happen, anymore." Not using a concept is fine; just don't destroy it. I'd also like to know if the statement by Dan Didio to the effect that the multiverse (post-Infinite Crisis,) has each earth with its own parallel universes, divergent timelines, and microverses still holds. If that is indeed true, then all bets are off, as to what can, or can't happen in the multiverse. I think that this would be a good thing. Third, I'd like to see obscure characters brought back, and used...as more than just cannon fodder. The run-up to Blackest Night was extremely depressing. Anyway, that's my two cents.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.