WTF Approved? WTF!

#1 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay everyone...

What is everyone's take on the most recent cash grab for DC?

It does seem very odd to make every creator come up with a WTF moment regardless if it fits the current story or not.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14596 posts) - - Show Bio

?

#3 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2309 posts) - - Show Bio

Cash grab?

#4 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

A little backstory please.

#5 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6265 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's kinda weird having all the big moments happen at the same time, but I am intrigued to see what they'll be.

It is a little gimmicky though. They should probably just let stories develop at their own pace.

#7 Posted by Manbehindthewires (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Gives me the impression that the old execs at DC are trying to be "fresh" and "hip" ...won't be long before Superman starts dressing like Vanilla Ice and quoting memes...

#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manbehindthewires: Gosh. There's going to be an Epic Win month isn't there. o_O

#9 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the changes are bigger such as a new Stormwatch reboot. Post flashpoint, I do expect more reboots on the same property over the years, business as usual. My suggestion is to do relaunches/reboots every January so customers will know where to start again every year.

#10 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

Some of the changes are bigger such as a new Stormwatch reboot. Post flashpoint, I do expect more reboots on the same property over the years, business as usual. My suggestion is to do relaunches/reboots every January so customers will know where to start again every year.

That would prevent any continuity from ever being built, and alienate pretty much every established fan.

#11 Posted by Catsnlynne (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to see the WTF moments in the books I read. But the Stormwatch news has me confused. I don't know if it's going to be the same book I like or not.

#12 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

When books don't sell, dc usually resorts to reboots so what happened to Stormwatch is normal in dc. Also looking forward to more of the rebooted New Gods. Hopefully, Michael Holt will have something to do in the main earth.

#13 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope that everything that happens sticks and this does not become a "out of continuity month" I would be very upset if this becomes just a month long April fools month.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.