Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Would you read a Batman/Wonder Woman teamup book?

• 53 results
    darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you read a Batman/Wonder Woman teamup book? (121 votes)

Yes 39%
    No 60%

With SM/WW now out and BM/SM also out, will there or should there be a Batman/ Wonder Woman title? Me, I would love one. I would like to see them fighting crime together. The book would show us different sides of the characters that we haven't really seen yet. Batman fighting the supernatural and Wonder Woman being a detective. I would also like to see some sexual tension between them and hopefully a romance. Well what do you think?

• 
    PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I would read the shit out of it.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If it had a good creative team

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This, but possibly no and I don't want to see any sexual tension or romance. She's Supes GF and He is Supes close friend, so no romance, and I'd prefer a Batman/Zatanna ongoing than a BM/WW book. Just because there's a SM/WW and BM/SM book doesn't mean there's need to be a BM/WW book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Yeah, but I wouldn't read it on a monthly basis due to lack of funds.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As a fan of both, no way.. They just dont match.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darkman61288

@rustyroy said:

@peppeyhare said:

This, but possibly no and I don't want to see any sexual tension or romance. She's Supes GF and He is Supes close friend, so no romance, and I'd prefer a Batman/Zatanna ongoing than a BM/WW book. Just because there's a SM/WW and BM/SM book doesn't mean there's need to be a BM/WW book.

I thought you hated the power couple.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Absolutely, yes. I've been wanting a Batman/Wonder Woman SOMETHING since their relationship in the DCU. I have a feeling the creative team of SM/WW will get me to love them (issue 1 was awesome) so for now I'm content but BM/WW thing is something I've been wanting for what feels like ever.

Yeah, I guess I'm weird like that, but eh oh well.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely, yes. I've been wanting a Batman/Wonder Woman SOMETHING since their relationship in the DCU. I have a feeling the creative team of SM/WW will get me to love them (issue 1 was awesome) so for now I'm content but BM/WW thing is something I've been wanting for what feels like ever.

Yeah, I guess I'm weird like that, but eh oh well.

No not you too.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought you hated the power couple.

Which power couple? Superman and WW? I still hate it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288: I originally wasn't on board with their relationship but the book is only one issue in and it has me on board. I'm gonna ride it out and enjoy it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I actually brought this up in another thread but hells ya I would.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another WW book, yes. WW/ Batman book, no.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Why? Afraid that it would sell more and would end the SM/WW romance.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If there was no romance than the awkwardness alone with make for a humorous read

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't see this working. The power dynamic is too large between them and they don't have the friendship (at least not to me) that Superman and Batman have. At least with SM/WW if there is a major threat they're on the same level and can contribute equally. Any threat that Batman faces will either be well below WW (in which case she jobs to make it more relevant) or it's way above what he's capable of (in which case he becomes the Batgod from JLU). So from a challenge side it couldn't work - so then what becomes the focus? The relationship? What relationship? In N52 there's no relationship that they've pointed too so how would this work?

Anyway... that's me.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@bruxae: Finally someone else who sees how different they are.

As for the thread, I'd read Twilight if she was in it...

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't see this working. The power dynamic is too large between them and they don't have the friendship (at least not to me) that Superman and Batman have. At least with SM/WW if there is a major threat they're on the same level and can contribute equally. Any threat that Batman faces will either be well below WW (in which case she jobs to make it more relevant) or it's way above what he's capable of (in which case he becomes the Batgod from JLU). So from a challenge side it couldn't work - so then what becomes the focus? The relationship? What relationship? In N52 there's no relationship that they've pointed too so how would this work?

Anyway... that's me.

The challenge can be delegated the same way it is with Batman/Superman: Wonder Woman doesn't have Batman's detective skills, she can't read a crime scene, in that way, she's even less competent than Superman, since she doesn't have his super senses.

So perhaps a magical crime series, in the style of something Constantine might handle? Say some Greek cultists have come to Gotham, and are killing people in rituals. Batman is stumped because the people appear to die of a heart attack, and bleed through their skin. Wonder Woman is tracking the cultists, and tracks them to Gotham, but in the big city, can't track or find them. So her and Bats team up. They can fight equally against thugs, so Batman can get some exercise as they search.

When they find the cultists, say they succeed in completing their ritual and summoning something from the Underworld, which possesses the leader, putting him on par with Wonder Woman in strength, and functionally invulnerable/immortal. In order to defeat him, they have to research a counter ritual to strip him of his immortality, which they don't know, so Batman has to dive into that research.

There. You've got a common enemy to unite them, enemies Wonder Woman can do her thing with if the cultists summon smaller monsters, Batman outside his comfort zone against magic, and still useful with the detective work, and given the variable enemy strength, still could be useful in a combat situation. There's your first arc.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Honestly - I just wouldn't find it interesting. I personally hate when they do magic/supernatural based stuff in Batman. Secondly WW just got downgraded because she was capable of tracking things to Gotham (based on that statement I assume she had come across things earlier) and yet once in Gotham the city is just to big for her, because what, she's just some girl? She's incapable of tracking things once it's in Gotham? So as I said - she needs to job to make Batman more relevant. Also while she's fighting this demon possessed leader guy - what exactly is Batman doing? Just sitting it out? Doing the counter-spell? Also, just as an FYI - this was done already with Batman & Superman in one of those little stories they chuck in the back of the solo series - can't remember the issues but a demon was summoned, Supe's fought it while Batman figured out the counter-spell to get rid of it and bobs-your-uncle, story done. It happened just after Damien died. The best part of the story was again seeing the relationship dynamic between the two - which at least from what I've seen doesn't exist with Bruce/Dianna in N52 and they don't seem to be building it. If anything they're more in opposition with each other (based on the JL series anyway).

What I personally enjoy about the Batman/Superman stuff is the relationship. Seeing it develop or how they view each other, etc.. for that reason I'll over-look that one of them is jobbing to make the other better or whatever. And sometimes they genuinely do a good job of leveling the two out (for example Supe's has enough weaknesses that Batman can become relevant - WW doesn't have this issue that I'm aware of). Also the "detective" work of Batman/Bruce isn't something Clark/Superman usually leverages either, it has happened but not often enough that it becomes the reason for them teaming up.

akintoussaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: It's because of their differences thats people like them together.The whole opposites attract rule and all that jazz.Same reason why people like Beast Boy and Raven together

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I don't like Batman or Wonder Woman, I voted no.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@toplel: the power difference doesn't mean it can't have an interesting story, anything can have an interesting story with a good enough writer. I'm just saying that for me, I would have little interest in it, as there's no underlying relationship (at least for now) to play off, considering the power difference. BM/SM is being used to build a relationship that has been referenced in other material already. Also, in terms of physical challenges, they found a way to evenly match things up and portray it. Also, we're only talking 4 issues, it could easily devolve into mindless stuff that see again, Superman jobbing and/or the Batgod resurfacing. It also had an intentional tie-in with Earth 2. Not saying the same can't be done, BUT if they did, they'd Just be doing the same story type and swapping a character (much like the previous suggeation).

Maybe I'm being closed-minded to the idea, but yeah for me it holds little interest and right now at least I don't think it would serve any real purpose. Maybe in the future in some capacity, who knows, but right now I don't see it working overly well. SM/WW holds interest due to their existing relationship. SM/BM holds interest due to their relationship and the fact they are the two leading characters of the entire DC universe. WW/BM just doesn't have it IMO.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: the power difference doesn't mean it can't have an interesting story, anything can have an interesting story with a good enough writer. I'm just saying that for me, I would have little interest in it, as there's no underlying relationship (at least for now) to play off, considering the power difference. BM/SM is being used to build a relationship that has been referenced in other material already. Also, in terms of physical challenges, they found a way to evenly match things up and portray it. Also, we're only talking 4 issues, it could easily devolve into mindless stuff that see again, Superman jobbing and/or the Batgod resurfacing. It also had an intentional tie-in with Earth 2. Not saying the same can't be done, BUT if they did, they'd Just be doing the same story type and swapping a character (much like the previous suggestion).

Maybe I'm being closed-minded to the idea, but yeah for me it holds little interest and right now at least I don't think it would serve any real purpose. Maybe in the future in some capacity, who knows, but right now I don't see it working overly well. SM/WW holds interest due to their existing relationship. SM/BM holds interest due to their relationship and the fact they are the two leading characters of the entire DC universe. WW/BM just doesn't have it IMO.

That is what DC is doing with Superman/Wonder Woman. Subing Wonder Woman for Batman. So why can't it be the Superman who is subbed? The book could be used to start the development of their relationship weather it be romantic of not. Batman becomes involved in a case involving Greek mythology or WW gets involved with the League of Assassins and Bm or WW needs the others help could be the set-up. They talk get to know each other a little better. They decided to starting together more one thing leads to another.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By noj

I would totally read it it would complete the Trinity. Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman/Batman. As long as WW got the top billing to make finish the pattern I'll be happy. It would be even cooler if Brian Azarello wrote it. He been proven to be an awesome Batman writer and an amazing Wonder Woman writer.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely! I love both characters. I would be curious to see how their dynamic would be without Superman's intervention. I loved their relationship in the Justice League animated series.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TazzMission

id rather have a wonder woman movie first. i already have a ideal casting.

maggie siff from mad men plus sons of anarchy for wonder woman

No Caption Provided

Tamal_Kundu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tamal_Kundu

I'd read the heck out of it. Just lets hope they don't bring John's characterization into it. They can do it what Simone and Wood are doing with Conan and Sonja. Bring Azz, and Snyder under one title, to get the characters right.

If only wishes were pennies....

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

fk batman.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gracetrack

If done right, yes.

And yes, I certainly believe a story centering on these two characters could be done in a way that works well.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, why not.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who should write BM/WW?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm bored of Batman and I don't care about WW.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By MakkyD

The more WW the better!

Plus their mentalities are similar so the relationship would be a major factor in the book.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gokuwarrior

@noj said:

I would totally read it it would complete the Trinity. Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman/Batman. As long as WW got the top billing to make finish the pattern I'll be happy. It would be even cooler if Brian Azarello wrote it. He been proven to be an awesome Batman writer and an amazing Wonder Woman writer.

azzarello amazing WW writter?,only if you like her being a witness,a supporting character,naive,pasive and weak.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not get this book and I am tiered of BM a new WW solo book and I am in but not this.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@gokuwarrior: Well considering I didnt give two shits about her before Azarellos run I guess I do.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

@gokuwarrior: Well considering I didnt give two shits about her before Azarellos run I guess I do.

so sad,because WW was a much better character before azzarello,he will never come close to perez run,a true piece of art.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Batman/Wonder Woman book is a way better idea for a team-up book for me rather then Superman and WW.Both of the characters match way more for me and I would care for a relationship between them way more.And also if this book gets a great creative like Azzarello on writing and Jim Lee on art duties then this would be a must read for me.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hell yes.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@theacidskull: At least we get something.And even though I was really sceptical about the title, the first issue wasn't that bad.But I still prefer a Batman/Wonder Woman book instead of this.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@theacidskull: At least we get something.And even though I was really sceptical about the title, the first issue wasn't that bad.But I still prefer a Batman/Wonder Woman book instead of this.

it might not have been badly written but the pairing does not work. For me, it feels as if Supes and Diana are siblings, in short, it's weird.

Yeah I get that sibling vibe from it too. I also don't really like it when they just take the strongest girl, and strongest guy, and pair them up for no real reason.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If they have the same chemistry as they did in the Justice League cartoon sure, not only that but with the possibility of Batman and Wonder Woman falling for each other it can drive a wedge in Superman and Batman's relationship.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there was no romance than the awkwardness alone with make for a humorous read

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.