Worse New 52 Re-Designs...

• 78 results
Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

What are the worst New 52 redesigned characters!?

I'll start:

POISON IVY!!!

#1 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire

#2 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter wins this thread with incredible ease.

#4 Edited by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Romulus9000 said:

Starfire

I hate how she has been portrayed!!

EDITED

#5 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Poison Ivy is pretty bad. I'll also nominate Bart Allen and Tim Drake. Their old uniforms were close to perfect, and I'm not crazy about the new ones. Oh, and Green Arrow's design is terrible... having Green Arrow without his signature beard is like having a sandwich without bread.

Also, I don't know if this counts, but the entire character-redesign to The Question for Trinity War ticks me off. I know that since I haven't actually read it yet, I should spare my judgement... but I find the idea to be quite upsetting.

#6 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Yeah, Poison Ivy is pretty bad. I'll also nominate Bart Allen and Tim Drake. Their old uniforms were close to perfect, and I'm not crazy about the new ones. Oh, and Green Arrow's design is terrible... having Green Arrow without his signature beard is like having a sandwich without bread.

Also, I don't know if this counts, but the entire character-redesign to The Question for Trinity War ticks me off. I know that since I haven't actually read it yet, I should spare my judgement... but I find the idea to be quite upsetting.

YES GREEN ARROW IS BY FAR THE WORST OF NEW 52. Ollie is a favorite of mine and ive only read one issue of that new volume.

#7 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

pic please...

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

pic please...

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@papad1992 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

pic please...

Ewww... that is pretty nasty!!

#10 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl by a landslide! First off, that red shield in place of the skirt makes it look like she has a leotard with tails like a tux would have dangling down behind her, which she then pulls forward and fastens to her leo! An abomination to the religion of FASHION, can I get a "Amen"? And fastening the cape around the neck like a 4 year old does her favorite blankey... oops, my gorge is rising.

Luckily, Marvel is fun enough to read with X-Force, etc. But I thought I would miss DC more... Of course, then they drop Stephanie Brown as Batgirl, drop Nick Spencer from Supergirl after one awesome issue (yeah issue 60 was a long time ago -- it still stings!), botch up a lot of costumes to give them an armored look -- and yes, botch is the operative word for what has happened to Wonder Woman, and Superman renounced his US citizenship a while back...

So, no, until some or all of this and the other designs are fixed, make mine Marvel!

Even this cosplayer was unwilling to butcher the knees of her boots and follow the worst aspects of the design!

Good topic, papad, by the way!

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cervantes said:

Superman renounced his US citizenship a while back...

Which makes perfect sense, since he wants to protect Earth and not just America.

Oh, and it was a what-if issue.

#12 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cervantes: Thanks for the compliment!!

And after seeing her costume... I just don't get it. It looks like they had her in a long sleeve shirt, cape, and boots but forgot to add something to cover up her crotch area so they slapped a Super sign there!!

#13 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl, no doubt.

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23236 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually don't mind any of the costumes mentioned so far...except for Bart's...he can do bettah.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio
I've seen better dressed power ranger monsters
#16 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

#17 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much all of the Birds of Prey redesigns look terrible to me. I was going to get the series at first but their looks just turned me away. Powergirl's is terrible as well as Jay Garrick. I'm surprised no one on here as said Harley Quinn yet. I like her new look don't get me wrong its just alot of people I know were appalled by her new design.

#18 Posted by War Killer (20000 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the top of my head, Static's New 52 costume comes to mind...

Static
#19 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrankenKong said:

Pretty much all of the Birds of Prey redesigns look terrible to me. I was going to get the series at first but their looks just turned me away. Powergirl's is terrible as well as Jay Garrick. I'm surprised no one on here as said Harley Quinn yet. I like her new look don't get me wrong its just alot of people I know were appalled by her new design.

Harley Quinn's outfit is terrible!!

#20 Posted by TheCannon (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl.

#21 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Power Girl.

She has always been seen with her breast showing... but this new costume is horrendous!!

#22 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Aw come on man stop sipping on the Harley Hateraid! XD

#23 Posted by TheCannon (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@TheCannon said:

Power Girl.

She has always been seen with her breast showing... but this new costume is horrendous!!

Agreed.

#24 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Powergirl is a epicfail of a costume the old one was so much better.

#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12597 posts) - - Show Bio

I ant really think of one I don't like. Flash maybe? The seams are just unneeded.

#26 Edited by Dernman (14788 posts) - - Show Bio

Tigorr was Liefeldized and Static got it bad also.

#27 Posted by TheThe (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

Mister Terrific

#28 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Romulus9000 said:

Starfire

I hate how she has been portrayed as a slut!!

Please, what you're name calling is even more degrading that her actions in the book.

Also her new outfit isn't that much a departure from her old outfit.

#29 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I think I have to agree with many here...Midnighter's went to a turn for the worst.

This is how he is supposed to look people. End of discussion.

#30 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl and Roy Harper.

#31 Edited by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl's previous costume sucked it was just fan service for fans who've never touched or even seen a real boob in person before. That being said her new costume is pretty much just generic

#32 Posted by Onemoreposter (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

Power Girl

No doubt

@InnerVenom123 said:

An easy second place

@papad1992 said:

@Romulus9000 said:

Starfire

Honestly, Starfire was a always a "slut." Calling a girl a "slut" because she's as sexually promiscuous as a guy is lame. Writers can be more explicit today than they were in the 80's when she debuted. The reboot however, didn't bring any drastic change to Kory's character. The writers can just be more blatant with sexual aspects of a comic is all.

#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Power Girl's previous costume sucked it was just fan service for fans who've never touched or even seen a real boob in person before.

#34 Posted by TDK_1997 (14480 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl,Midnighter and that's it.

#35 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

POWER GIRL.

#36 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason Power Girl's new out fit is getting so much crap is the lack of the tit window, sure its generic and could be much better but its nowhere near as bad as people say. Its just bland.

#37 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@papad1992 said:

@Romulus9000 said:

Starfire

Please, what you're name calling is even more degrading that her actions in the book.

Also her new outfit isn't that much a departure from her old outfit.

Sorry if I've offended anyone but I was merely using the term as a description that's all... but there are other suitable words I've could have used! Sorry... :P

#38 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Power Girl's previous costume sucked it was just fan service for fans who've never touched or even seen a real boob in person before. That being said her new costume is pretty much just generic

That's the whole problem. You can think it awesome or offending, but the boob window made her stand out. It turned her from 'just another flying brick' to 'POWER GIRL!!!' Now that it's gone she's, well, she's just another flying brick. I'd rather have the window back.

Also I agree with Supergirl, Darkseid and Poison Ivy. Also the entire Justice League because they all look like they're shopping at the same tailor. Why anyone lets JIm Lee design stuff is beyond me honestly.

#39 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

To be completely honest I have not see a single redesign in the new DC 52 that I like. I couldn't even limit it to just one or two, they are all bad.

#40 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

To be completely honest I have not see a single redesign in the new DC 52 that I like. I couldn't even limit it to just one or two, they are all bad.

I'm in almost the same boat, though I have found one redesign I've grown to like more than pre-52, and that goes to Rose Wilson. Her costume and appearance so far in her most recent appearances has been gorgeous. I especially love her latest costume. Of course, this refers only to physical appearance... depth of character is still largely up in the air.

But aside from that, yeah, I hate just about all the other redesigns.

#41 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@Ravager4 said:

Power Girl

No doubt

@InnerVenom123 said:

An easy second place

@papad1992 said:

@Romulus9000 said:

Starfire

Honestly, Starfire was a always a "slut." Calling a girl a "slut" because she's as sexually promiscuous as a guy is lame. Writers can be more explicit today than they were in the 80's when she debuted. The reboot however, didn't bring any drastic change to Kory's character. The writers can just be more blatant with sexual aspects of a comic is all.

Woah to everyone i never called her a slut but she is undeniably different in a bad way. Kory never just slept around especially with two dudes at once. Plus im a huge Nightwing fanboy so it kind of bothered me to see them wipe clean all of that history. But that's just me. We all have different opinions.

#42 Posted by lronMan (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel

#43 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not forget Beast Boy!!

#44 Posted by WildBeastBoy (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Beast Boy is awesome any color.

#45 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildBeastBoy said:

@papad1992: Beast Boy is awesome any color.

I'm not doubting that he isn't awesome... it's just that we've only ever seen him as green so this new red look will take awhile to get used to! I don't like it now but I'll probably get used to it but it'll take awhile!!

#46 Posted by WildBeastBoy (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: I would think with your icon you'd be a fan of redheads. :)

#47 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Roy Harper.

#48 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@joshmightbe said:

Power Girl's previous costume sucked it was just fan service for fans who've never touched or even seen a real boob in person before.

Lol.

#49 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildBeastBoy said:

@papad1992: I would think with your icon you'd be a fan of redheads. :)

Yeah... natural red-heads! Beast Boy was originally green.

#50 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl without question.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.