Wonder Woman/Batman comic

• 65 results
#51 Edited by Jayc1324 (14193 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman always loses to batman when the do sparring. And they are not forced at all. They worked perfectly fine in the JL cartoon so don't say they are forced.

#52 Posted by Poze11 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

A partnership series may be interesting.

For real. I don't mind, but if is going to be another romance story, I'm out of it. Ha

#53 Posted by darkman61288 (801 posts) - - Show Bio
@r2datu said:

@superguy1591 said:

@r2datu: Yes, but Diana's muscle memory makes her body react before she's even sure what the blow will be. You can know a billion martial arts, but if your opponent knows what's coming they will block it.

Why do you think she owns Superman, a character much stronger and faster than her? Her body reacts to the blows Superman dishes out and counters subconsciously.

That's what muscle memory is.... Almost all martial artists in DC universe have that skill. You cited "muscle memory" like it was some kind of super power. It's not.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/55190/1907981-faster_hand_to_hand_reactions_than_superman.jpg

This is most likely what you're citing. She and Batman both agree that she's faster than Superman because of her muscle memory which she says she has because she's a TRAINED WARRIOR. It's a trait that all trained warriors, ie martial artists have.

She owns Superman because of her skill. Same way Batman owns superhuman characters in hand to hand combat, because of skill. Both possess muscle memory that allows them to react to blows instinctively because they're martial artists.

So muscle memory is what like Lady Shiva can do? If it is then Diana doesn't. I know that from went Shiva spared Diana in the Pre 52. Diana had a hard time.

#54 Edited by r2datu (726 posts) - - Show Bio

@r2datu said:

@superguy1591 said:

@r2datu: Yes, but Diana's muscle memory makes her body react before she's even sure what the blow will be. You can know a billion martial arts, but if your opponent knows what's coming they will block it.

Why do you think she owns Superman, a character much stronger and faster than her? Her body reacts to the blows Superman dishes out and counters subconsciously.

That's what muscle memory is.... Almost all martial artists in DC universe have that skill. You cited "muscle memory" like it was some kind of super power. It's not.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/55190/1907981-faster_hand_to_hand_reactions_than_superman.jpg

This is most likely what you're citing. She and Batman both agree that she's faster than Superman because of her muscle memory which she says she has because she's a TRAINED WARRIOR. It's a trait that all trained warriors, ie martial artists have.

She owns Superman because of her skill. Same way Batman owns superhuman characters in hand to hand combat, because of skill. Both possess muscle memory that allows them to react to blows instinctively because they're martial artists.

So muscle memory is what like Lady Shiva can do? If it is then Diana doesn't. I know that from went Shiva spared Diana in the Pre 52. Diana had a hard time.

Muscle memory just means movements that your body "records" so that you can do them without thinking about it. For example, when you just start training in martial arts, you would have to think about the technique on how to properly punch or think about how to properly block a strike. Once you practice again and again, it becomes like reflex since your muscles become accustomed to making that movement. So when you punch next, it comes as naturally as walking, or when someone attacks you, you react instantly with a perfect block. The same thing applies to music, how one can learn to play a song on the guitar or piano and after practice, can play it without thinking about the notes.

#55 Edited by Andhaira (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam/Black Adam team up!

#56 Edited by burgerkong (43 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be better to see a Flash (Barry Allen) - Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) team-up.

#57 Posted by RustyRoy (14490 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be better if we get a Flash/Batman or Batman/Zatanna team up.

#58 Edited by entropy_aegis (15630 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: No, you're not understanding me, they don't like each other on a fundamental level. Batman doesn't trust Superman because he thinks Superman is too powerful and Batman doesn't like things he can't control (see Joker). What makes Batman trusts Superman is the simple fact that Superman gave Batman some K to help him feel safe and trust him, he also knows he can control Superman by appealing to his humanity. All that and Superman still doesn't have Batman's trust.

Compare that to no weaknesses Diana and no humanity, but a strong warrior's spirit in Diana. How would Batman ever feel comfortable?

And Diana wouldn't go for a guy like Batman, she's always gone for the hero type, not the bad boy tool. Also, she wants a man she deems her equal and she's never considered Batman an equal prior to Morrison and Timm, in fact, Hiketeia showed that she's Batman's superior in every which way.

See, the problem with Batman and Diana is that Batman is the alphamale type to Diana's powerful woman who doesn't bend. To put them together would have them betray their characters and, most importantly, Wonder Woman would get the saft.

Wonder Woman + Batman doesn't work, not even on your hate sex level. Hal would better suit having a hate sex relationship with Diana.

The guy who wrote Hiketeia also wrote Blackest Night Wonder Woman where Diana was outright in love with Batman,no ambiguity or subtlety there.Morrison never made WW interested in Batman it was Kelly.

#59 Posted by Muffin_Sangria (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591: I think there was a time when Batman and Wonder Woman couple would have worked. He's too grim now and they don't seem like much of a match.

#60 Posted by Superguy1591 (4482 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: They started a romantic relationship under Morrison, BN was the "kiss" moment(Similar to Supes and Diana's rooftop kiss), but JLA saw the birth of this "coupling".

It was the mandate of DC to pair them up, similar to Supes and Diana now.

#61 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

It would make for sort of a stupid comic imo. With Superman and Batman, there is a "funny" side to them dealing with eachother. With Wondy and Bats, you wouldnt even have that.

#62 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591 said:

Even the writer says they have no reason to be together, they're only together for reasons unknown. Batman and Diana are a forced couple, nothing else.

Actually Batman and Wonder Woman's "relationship" make more sense than most of her others relationships. I'm not really sure about who wrote this up but someone posted it on a another forum. There is more logic to it than giving credit for. (Although, I still don't want the relationship to happen.)

It is possible that this admiration could stem from attraction, but it is equally possible that her respect for him comes from the fact that, even as a human lacking no special powers or abilities, he is able to stand on equal ground with the League's demigods using only his training, technology, and indomitable will. From her perspective, she may see Batman as a modern-day Odysseus—the ancient Greek hero that, as told by Homer, was a selfless and noble man who performed many miraculous deeds using only his cunning and natural talents.

As for Batman wanting to be with her, you could say that she is someone that can be a end to his dark world. A sign of being truly happy. Developing faith and positivity in the world. Something Bruce wish he could see. One of the many things he envy's from others. I for one am not the biggest fan of Miller's Batman. And I think it's time that the character should grow a little more. I say he should move more away The Dark Knight returns, and more towards Batman the animated series personality.Her with Superman has yet provided a real reason for them being together.(other than that she can't be with Steve and he can't be with Lois.)

Now a book of them together could be interesting. We never seen Batman in a relationship were he couldn't run away. And we never seen Wonder Woman in a relationship with someone as solitary as Bruce. Bruce could show her the value of life and convictions on a more philosophical level. And She could show him that his limits, faults and how to rise above them. Guiding him. (Humbling Batman, which is a common complaint that some people have.) It would be a reason base around their characters, and not their strength.(like it is in SM/WW.) And then there is the aspect that Batman can't overshadow WW in team-ups, because their powers complement each other. (*cough* SM/WW*cough*) Very much like Superman/Batman.

@andhaira: Billy and anyone please!!!!!!!

#63 Posted by darkman61288 (801 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnni_kun: Even though you said yourself you're not a big fan of the pairing, a lot of what you said doesn't explain why there needs to be a ROMANTIC relationship between Batman and Wonder Woman, many of those things can still be accomplished if they had a platonic relationship.

#65 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: Yes, you are technically correct. However, I could argue that can be the case for most comicbook relationships. And that almost any Romantic relationship could be a partnership instead. As well as that all things considering, they are not always mutually exclusive. I could also argue that Batman is not the type of person that would open up to someone unless it was on a intimate level.(barely opens up to his Robins.) But, that a lazy excuse. I mainly wrote it up show that potential is greater than some of her past(or more current.) relationship and shouldn't be so easy scoff at. I also wrote it because if she has to be paired it would have to be with the one that benefits her more. In my opinion, if Diana had to have a pointless, unnecessary Trinity pairing, their would be more beneficial on both their characters and from writing stand point. The reason is because she will always be the underdog in the relationship. Superman usually overshadows her in both ability and presence. Batman with only be the latter. I'm looking out for Diana first then who she's paired up with next. (It's the one reason I agreed with you about her and Aquaman in that other thread.)

#66 Edited by Sovereign91001 (5142 posts) - - Show Bio

Shipping goggles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.