Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Wich villains would you see in a WW trilogy?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think would be cool see Circe in the first, Vandal Savage in the second and Alkyone in the third

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Circe pick....but Ares and Cheetah have to be the other 2

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Circe , cheetah , and Ares. Maybe First Born can be a secondary villain in the Ares movie.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st- Ares

2nd- Circe & Cheetah

3rd - Genocide & Someone Else

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Villainy Inc.

Angle Man

Doctor Psycho

White Magician

Cheetah

Blue Snowman

I'm just kidding about Blue Snowman.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what the others said. Circe,Ares,Cheetah.

Beata

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Cheetah

First Born

Ares

Artemis

Apollo and the Olympians

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

1st- Ares

2nd- Circe & Cheetah

3rd - Genocide & Someone Else

This

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Circe, Ares and Cheetah are clearly her most well known villains. FB in N52 replaces Ares, but it's essentially the same character in the long run. WW needs some new recurring rogues.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

-Greek Gods and First Born (Similiar First Born)

-Cheetah

-Circe with several enemies as her command (Like Silver Swan)

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First) Giganta

Second) Dr Psycho

Third) Circe

I don't think Cheetah would translate well into live action.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: Yes, I also think that Cheetah is not suitable for a movie. But even Giganta would be too ridiculous in a live action. I think Alkyone can be a great lesbian villain XD

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@jonez120: Yes, I also think that Cheetah is not suitable for a movie. But even Giganta would be too ridiculous in a live action. I think Alkyone can be a great lesbian villain XD

Giganta would be awesome.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Anyone and everyone from Azzarello's run. Mainly because everyone in his run is so grey, there is never necessarily a good guy or a bad guy.

Also Cheetah and/or Circe at some point

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: I disagree, Giganta would be very goofy. No one would take seriously a movie where the enemy is a giant woman

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@jonez120: I disagree, Giganta would be very goofy. No one would take seriously a movie where the enemy is a giant woman

:(

I would

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Circle and Felix Faust in the same movie. Ares and Dr psycho in the second. Cheetah and Trigon in the third.

silver_archer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By silver_archer

Got to be Ares and maybe Cheetah. Considering how as pointed above, they are her most well known villains

Heck even maybe Circe, maybe she could cast a spell and mess up the world, so WW would to stop her, but would that be to cliche?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one saying first born because they don't wanna see her get her butt kicked..

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jayc1324: I think it's more so that he's a relatively new villain and not a classic. If Batman never had a film, you wouldn't want the Court of Owls to replace classics like Joker, Bane and Scarecrow from appearing on the big screen for example.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Batman is probably a bad example because all those guys have been used already and people would probably want to see something new and fresh but I see what you mean.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jayc1324: That's why I said "if he never had a film", but the court of owls is the only one I could think of that is both pretty new and is a(are) popular villain(s) for the character. Maybe the Trench for Aquaman, would that be a better choice?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Yeah that makes sense, people probably wouldn't want the trench for the aquaman movie coming up.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 the_stegman  Moderator

I feel like villains like Cheetah or Doc Psycho wouldn't be able to hold an entire movie. I kinda want it to be mostly Greek gods and goddesses, so Ares, Hades, Circe, First Born could be cool.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think Ares would be a little boring in terms of fight scenes. We need a Giganta revival.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

Ares, Cheetah, and Circe are her three main villains but I don't think that means those need to be for three main villains for the movies. Cheetah is the main problem since I can't see her carrying a movie as the main villain. She could maybe pop in in minor role is each movie like the Scarecrow did in the Dark Knight trilogy.

Anyways for the first movie I think they need to go big with Ares. I'd like to see Circe as a supporting villain, or maybe even as the main one but the final battle still being with Ares. I've got my own idea about the movie centering around a war between the Amazons and Atlantians which would bring Aquaman too, but there are other plots that work with Circe and Ares as well.

For the second movie I think they need to break away from the mythology stuff. At least no Gods. Also unlike the first one which can be more of a straight up action movie I think the second movie can actually tone down the level action in exchange for a somewhat cerebral threat. I've got two ideas for the second movie. Circe could come back in either of these films as a behinds the scenes manipulator but probably not actively engage Wonder Woman herself.

One involves Veronica Cale, and The Circe. It's about Wonder Woman trying to live in two worlds, and then being attacked from both side from those two worlds. It's also kinda about analyzing, and deconstructing Wonder Woman's role as a feminist icon by having all these women stepping up saying "No Wonder Woman doesn't represent me." I think this would be a really cool movie but one issue is that it doesn't bring in any of the "main rouges".

My other idea would be to use Dr. Psycho, and Cheetah as the villains for the movie. I don't think either of them could really carry a movie on their own but I think together the could make for a good movie. Cheetah provides the more physical threat, and Psycho brings in the more cerebral element which would probably make him the main villain in the movie. I don't have this movie as worked out in my head, but I could imagine an awesome final were Psycho psychically enters Diana's head, and she has to battle him in a psychedelic dream-scape within her own mind.

They could also do a more direct adaption of the Veronica Cale story line which already involved Dr. Psycho. Probably switch out Silver Swan's part for Cheetah.

For the final movie we see Circe pop up as the main villain again. For the final movie they need to go really big so I say they adapt "War of the God" which was one of Circe's biggest story arc. For one major change though I'd think that instead of her pitting the Olympians against another earth based pantheon that she instead get them to start a war with the New Gods. It could either be with New Genesis, or Apokolips, but I'm leaning more towards New Genesis because it creates a situation where there are no good guys or bad guys in the war. I think in this final film we'd also see Diana ascend into becoming a true goddess herself, but at the end of the movie she'd likely choose to become mortal again.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Cheetah first, then Circe, then Ares. Have Ares be in the background manipulating events from the start. Make the plot be about his ascension from simply god of war to God of Conflict. In fact have him essentially win in the last movie then keep him for a future JLA movie.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st - First Born

2nd - Ares (was her mentor in the first one)

3rd - not really sure, but someone not related to the gods.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: If there going to be one movie that's not connected to the gods then I think it would be better if it was the second rather then the third.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Cloud, Auron, and Hades.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria:

You are probably right. I still have no idea who her enemy could be. Maybe cheetah and have Barbara as a supporting character in the first movie maybe?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: Well personally I think the villain in the first movie needs to be Ares. He's badass, powerful, a well known name, and deeply associated with Wonder Woman. I think that's exactly the villain they need in the first movie to help establish her as a viable franchise. I guess you could could start smaller so you could build to him for the third movie, but there's a lot of pressure on the first Wonder Woman movie so I think you need to start big.

For the second movie I think there are lots of options. I think is the one where you take a break from the gods though to show that there's more to Wonder Woman though. I also think that it's fine for the first film to more of a standard action movie, but I think I think this one needs to go a bit deeper with a more cerebral plot, and a more personal threat. I also think that mean that they don't need to top Ares with a more powerful villain. Like I said lots of options with this film

For the final film they do need to go bigger though. Probably something that brings the gods back as well. Maybe based off the First Born arc, or maybe War of the Gods. I'm sure there are lots of options here too as long as it's big, and still has some depth to it too.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria:

I just do not like the idea of having Ares in the first movie instead of a exclusive Wonder Woman villain.

Ares as the movie villain would just make it seem even more as a Thor movie to be honest.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife: I think there is always going to be a comparison drawn between Wonder Woman and Thor. They could still use mythology, but set her apart more with the tone and themes of the movies. Ares is arguably her archenemy so I think that makes him a good way to start her franchise. The fact that he's known in pop culture outside of her comic is a plus because otherwise no one has really heard about her villains other then her fan.

Also as far as godly villains go Ares is about as far away from Loki as you can get. If anything Circe is a lot closer to Loki.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria:

Yeah, comparisons will always be drawn yes. And Loki and Ares are probably the least similar gods (if they don't go for Aphrodite then :-)).

Ares is the obvious villain for the first movie and probably will be the villain. I just don't want him as the first villain.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Circe, Cheetah, Giganta.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muffin_sangria: Maybe Ares is too much obvious. I mean, in every mythological movie Ares and Hades are the bad guys. I really don't know who can be the villain for the first movie but in the sequel I can see Vandal Savage, because is a well known character, an immortal warrior who fought in every war with every army. A man who rapresent the essence of the war and the violence.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: Ares isn't the only option but I do think he's the safest. With all the pressure that's being put on her movie to succeed I think that could be a good thing.

Speaking of Vandal Savage though if they're including the whole Well of Souls thing into the origin then I think it would be a cool twist to find out that he's technically her father. Chances are though that they'll cut most of the Perez stuff out of, and go for a simpler one that's closer to the Golden Age origin. Unless they're going to throw all that away for the daughter of Zeus thing like in the New 52 which I really hope they don't.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.