Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Why should Superman eventually get back with Lois Lane?

falcoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So with the new Wonder woman/ Superman series starting in October I have seen a lot of people saying 'oh there relationship won't last because Superman has to marry Lois. Originally I agreed with this even though I thought the WW/SM relationship was a nice idea but then I though, Why? You could go on and say 'well that's how its has always been, so it must happen' but then, if it has always been like that there are plenty of issues of pre flashpoint superman to read about where Superman is with Lois, so what's the point of rebooting New 52 and just go back to how it was before?

So I ask, do you think Superman will/should get together with Lois once the Wonder woman relationship takes a turn for the worst or do people want to see a more long-term relationship with our favourite amazonian heroine?

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By gator4eva

The point of the reboot is to introduce new readers to the comics. I think a lot of new fans would miss out if they didn't get to see Superman and Lois together sometime in the new 52. It doesn't have to go as far as them getting married again but they should definitely have a relationship in the future.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RDClip

I am a fan of the idea of Superman and Wonder Woman together (not the execution so far), however I think that Clark and Lois should get together at some point in the future.

The SM/WW relationship should last a while longer maybe one or two more years, but they should break up. Hopefull amiable and not the cliched "they disagreed about some superhero thing and got into a big fist fight." No they should just realize that they aren't right for each other at that point in their lives. Then afterwards they can remain friends and have a stronger friendship because of what they shared.

Clark and Lois should get together because they are the most iconic couple in comics. Everyone knows about them and everyone expects them to be together. However, they should also be together because Lois is just what Clark needs. With Pa and Ma Kent dead in the new52, Lois is Clark's anchor to the human race. She reminds him that he is Clark Kent first, not Superman or Kal El. That's something important because Diana is an immortal goddess, there is not the knowledge of how fragile human life is. I like the slight tragedy to the Lois/Clark relationship in that he will live forever and she will eventuallty die, so Clark has to make every day matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship is painfully obvious and is slowly giving me cancer.

falcoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The point of the reboot is to introduce new readers to the comics. I think a lot of new fans would miss out if they didn't get to see Superman and Lois together sometime in the new 52. It doesn't have to go as far as them getting married again but they should definitely have a relationship in the future.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense I guess, when I started reading, finding a starting point was certainly worrying me, and it is hard to pin point where their relationship started to read about it.

@rdclip said:

Lois is Clark's anchor to the human race. She reminds him that he is Clark Kent first, not Superman or Kal El. That's something important because Diana is an immortal goddess, there is not the knowledge of how fragile human life is. I like the slight tragedy to the Lois/Clark relationship in that he will live forever and she will eventuallty die, so Clark has to make every day matter.

Again I hadn't thought about it that way, but Superman isn't immortal is he? I mean they have several comics where older versions of himself that have clearly aged (as in grey hair etc.) have come back to stop him doing something (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies being an example that springs to mind)

Amaryllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel: Agree completely. It's one of, if not the, best relationship in comics. Lois and Clark is interesting and well done. Superman and WW is boring as hell.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because Superman and Lois Lane were literally made for each other.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By batpala

I would love Lois to be back with Clark, but have more of a focus on Lois as a character and maybe some more focus on the fact that it's her 75th anniversary this year as well and she's barely been recognized for that fact. She's been there from the very beginning.

[Quietly petitions for at least one Lois Lane one shot comic or series, please and thank you]

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Optimally for me, Supes and Wonder Woman are together for the long haul.

But barring that, I still never want to see Supes and Lois together ever again. Let everyone find new and unique love interests.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Because Clark and Lois are the definitive comic book couple. It's only a matter of time until they get back together.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Because Clark and Lois are the definitive comic book couple. It's only a matter of time until they get back together.

QFT

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman/Wonder Woman illustrator Tony Daniel described the upcoming book as one of DC’s first attempts to target a female audience, by having more romance mixed in with the title’s drama and action.

DC could have done that with a Superman/Lois Lane book.

Vampire1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Superman and Lois Lane were literally made for each other.

Totally agree.

The emergence of "a pair" of Superman and Wonder Woman from the very beginning was the main mistake DC.

Tamal_Kundu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, from a different perspective, they just might have plans for Steve Trevor-Diana relationship as well. For the first time in a long time, Steve has a dignified presence in DC continuity, even if it sometimes takes a drastic turn toward emo over Diana-Kal relationship. But then again, in New 52 everyone's an emo. I almost wait for the line in every issue, 'i am vengeance, I am night, I am Superman.'

Anyway, hope they don't backtrack and turn Diana into a sexless, loveless nun that she had become previously. Treat her like a hero with faults, as Batman, and Supes often have been, and which directly bores result in the success of those characters, not like a paragon of an idea.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falcoso: DC never quite stated whether Supes is actually immortal in the main earth and it is true that in some books Superman looks older. In Kingdom Come he does have graying hair and some wrinkles, but at the end of that book, he lives at least another thousand years. It's been a while since i read it, but in Red Son he lives for thousands of more years, same with DC One Million.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because if the two of them were to be together long enough, they'd give birth to some kind of god/goddess that could stomp super villains at age 5. Even Batman disapproves.

In all seriousness though, while it seemed like a great idea at first, so far Superman x Wonder Woman hasn't impressed me. Hopefully they'll make it more interesting somehow because I do like the idea of them being a couple.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Superman/Wonder Woman is boring.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@innervenom123: I agree.Superman and Wonder Woman very very very boring pair.

MariaFirefox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MariaFirefox

"She’s vitally important because without Lois he loses his contact with humanity. Lois is his contemporary and his connection to humanity."

— Henry Cavill on how important Lois Lane is to the Superman myth from MTV interview at the Superman 75th Party, July 19, 2013

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree with everyone it's boring, it's comparable to real life relationship in how there chemistry works better when they remain friends.

Avatar image for huntressjustice
    HuntressJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume that the events comics Superman\Wonder Woman is going to be set before Trinity War.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

They need too. Everyone knows that they will get back together at one point just like how everyone knows that Patty Spivot is going to die in the "Reverse" storyline in The Flash and Barry and Iris get together. Oh and then Wally comes around.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To appease the comic superfans.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

They belong together. End of story.

Avengers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Because they are soul mates.

LoisLaneKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.