Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Why is there no Shazam ongoing?

magicman411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

one of my favorite characters in the new 52 still doesn't have a ongoing series. is there a specific reason behind this? as there been any hints about a series happening?

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Comicuser

probably cause no writers have pitched any good ideas.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@magicman411 said:

one of my favorite characters in the new 52 still doesn't have a ongoing series. is there a specific reason behind this? as there been any hints about a series happening?

Hopefully it's because they are waiting for the character to be fixed.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magicman411: he had his mini and that came out in a trade i think. maybe it didnt sell well

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Maybe Shazam just isn't as interesting as a character as people make him out to be?

magicman411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: That was my favorite part of the justice league issues. I figure with the announcement of him getting his own movie, we should at least know that a series is coming soon.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

There will be, with the movie announcement. Same without Cyborg.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Maybe a cyborg et shazam story may comeout soon considering they are trying to make them BFF, and i would like them not to push his siblings aside i would love to see more of them

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Maybe a cyborg et shazam story may comeout soon considering they are trying to make them BFF, and i would like them not to push his siblings aside i would love to see more of them

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soon... According to Geoff johns

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope billy and cyborg do get a series

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after convergence or crisis 2015 me thinks

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@transformers1024: really ? Billy Batson among the coolest character in comics. I mean he is a kid that only just said a word and then become a godlike superpower being. And...he has a tiger as sidekick. I mean you cannot say it is not cool

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Because DC is ran by idiots.

I'm kidding. The guys running the asylum are okay. Though hopefully soon. I really want to see what they are doing with Mr. Mind. They left me waiting for so long.

The more important question is when are they going to realize that they so desperately need books for the Martian Manhunter, Doom Patrol, Black Canary, and the Atom?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@crazyscarecrow:

Maybe they know they'll screw them up with poor creative teams and crap editorial mandates? I'd rather have no title than a bad title.

KungFuPurp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KungFuPurp

Damn do I agree . I don't care how popular Shazam turns out to be in sales. But I've been waiting for them to hint back with Shazam & Cyborg stuff for awhile and still nothing to show for it . Theres a list of guys that are popular enough & great characters that they have hanging on back burner . (i.e), (Shazam,Cyborg,Hawkman) just to name a few . I know they obviously feel they don't have writers that have a good idea/storyline for these characters & Obviously they havent liked sales with these characters but come on DC lets give the REAL fans what they want , get some of these guys off the inactive list

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@sog7dc: Good point. Especially since they took away all history these characters had. It would be terrible if they started really building these characters with a terrible creative team.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to remember Geoff Johns hinting that both Shazam and Cyborg will be getting their own series soon in his Reddit AMA a few months back. Obviously he didn't say it explicitly but the hints were definitely intentional.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Shazam ongoing soon, what with the movie and all. I'd put my money on it happening around the time they announce the actor to play Shazam in the movie, to build more hype for it. If we have no Shazam ongoing by summer 2015 I will be amazed.

Bats_Colony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bats_Colony

@transformers1024 said:

Maybe Shazam just isn't as interesting as a character as people make him out to be?

You bite your tongue!! Captain Marvel can be awesome depending on the writer. Superman wouldn't be anymore interesting if his character represented a storyline focused on his background.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.