Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Why doesnt batman-superman get that much attention?

Vold0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

it seems it doesnt get much publicity, even though imo it's the best series they currently have. Classic superhero tales in there. Issue 13 is outstanding, and this weeks' one is awesome too, though I don't really understand the continuity from 15 to 16

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Superman not getting attention, say what?????

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@vold0: issue 16 of Batman-Superman is really good

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vold0: the first four issues were terrible I dropped it until I read the last week issue .....last issue was awesome it is back on my list bow

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have thought it's because if you want to read about Batman, you read one of the 10 or so Batman books DC is currently publishing. If you want to read about Superman you read Superman or Action Comics. If you want to read about Batman and Superman on a team you read Justice League, Batman and Robin or Superman/Wonder Woman.

Long story short, Batman/Superman isn't giving people much that they can't already get somewhere else. That coupled with the fact that at the beginning of that series it was kinda sucky, people haven't really had much reason to buy that over any of the other books DC's putting out.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vold0: the first four issues were terrible I dropped it until I read the last week issue .....last issue was awesome it is back on my list bow

WRONG! The first arc was amazing, it demonstrated how hard Clark took the loss of his parents and somewhat showed why he was so cocky in his early years. It also shows the difference between Pre and New.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: oh glad u enjoyed it....I guess I wasn't a big fan of jae Lee art

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1-16 were ok in terms of the quality of story and, imo, Jae Lee's art was terrible but #16 was fantastic.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Because WB has been run by suits for years who only see Superman and Batman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: oh glad u enjoyed it....I guess I wasn't a big fan of jae Lee art

While I agree that Lee's style isn't the best, it suited that arc perfectly, much how Kuder's art style suits AC. But it's all subjective I guess.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd have thought it's because if you want to read about Batman, you read one of the 10 or so Batman books DC is currently publishing. If you want to read about Superman you read Superman or Action Comics. If you want to read about Batman and Superman on a team you read Justice League, Batman and Robin or Superman/Wonder Woman.

Long story short, Batman/Superman isn't giving people much that they can't already get somewhere else. That coupled with the fact that at the beginning of that series it was kinda sucky, people haven't really had much reason to buy that over any of the other books DC's putting out.

So much this.

But the last issue was actually really good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.