Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Why do people think that The Flash is a part of Marvel?

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By LyraFay

I saw some unofficial Marvel merchandise with The Flash on it. But I've also heard some people online and so forth believing that The Flash is with Marvel.

Why do you think that is (and we clearly know he isn't)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I don't know anyone who thinks Flash is apart of Marvel.

I know people who don't know which company characters are from (to which I help them out) and I know people would could probably name 100 characters from each company.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Why should I bother getting a PS4? My mom is still going to call it a "Nintendo."

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RustyRoy

Sue them!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who thinks that? is somebody blind out there? can they not see the dc logo?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

As much as the OP makes me want to face palm, I have met people who think Spider-Man is apart of DC because of an unofficial shirt featuring Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

EDIT: for reference the shirt looks somewhat like this

No Caption Provided

but had the characters sorted like this (without the wording obviously)

No Caption Provided

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? oh geez i did not know those or anything like that exsisted

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? oh geez i did not know those or anything like that exsisted

Right? It makes me want to die a little inside.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they confuse him with Quicksilver – or maybe some people just don't have necessary amount of comics’ knowledge to differentiate between DC and Marvel’s heroes.

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These guys that make these shirts are the same guys that try to sell you a "Rolex" for a "very good price".

I was in a comic store yesterday and some was asking the female clerk basic questions like "what's the most expensive comic book?" type questions. When, presumably, he tries to impress her by saying he has the Death of Superman with "that silver spikey guy". I had to laugh.

It's entertaining but I don't get offended, that's ridiculous. That's like a football fan getting upset with someone who doesn't know what division a team is in. People are passionate about different things.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i knew someone who thought/anticipated batman was going to be in the avengers movie.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: that was one of the popular searches on google...

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I know people who think Batman is part of Marvel but I also know people who've read old comics like "Ten Nights of the Beast." Many people just don't bother reading comics but instead watch movies like the Dark Knight trilogy and the Avengers.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

People are uninformed about shit all the time.

- The Earth is the centre of the universe

- The Earth is round

etc.

(in case people didn't get it, #sarcasm)

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the heck thinks the Flash is a Marvel character? Really?

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Because they are confused individuals.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

i knew someone who thought/anticipated batman was going to be in the avengers movie.

Some of my friends kept asking me if Batman was going to appear in Avengers.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Confusion with Flash Thompson from Spiderman maybe? The mask can sometime look like Daredevil to some people. My girlfriend and I were looking at an Injustice shirt I got for Chirstmas a couple months back and she pointed out that Flash kinda looked like Daredevil with the mask. I can see that if you don't look at the lightning bolt things on the side of his head. The shirt wasn't showing much of the ear bolts.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Oh my gosh! Idk why but it bothers me so much! When we came out of the theater after Thor 2 my friend was like I can't wait for the new marvel movies, captain America 2 and flash....I didn't say anything tho lol.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because of costume colors.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

When I first got into comics I thought Flash was in Marvel, until I realized otherwise. They must have just made a mistake.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Jphu8414

This day in age with a quick Google search on smart phones it really isn't that hard to find the answer to, so I'm always surprised when people around me are asking if Flash is Marvel

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

My friend kept asking me why Hulk wasn't in the Injustice game.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Haha something similar to that happened to me, my friend asked me if Hulk and Doomsday were the same character and why he looked so different

coffeeprince29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By coffeeprince29

Why is flash so popular with my friends?

Fairix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they confuse the characters because of the simple fact that they are not real fans of the character. think about how many people say that they absolutely love any of the avengers. do you think they love those heroes because of the comics books theyve been reading for years? no absolutely no. they love them because of the movies. therefore all they know is what the movies have told them. if they would take the time to actually read the material they would understand

ReverendHunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReverendHunt

Every time a new DC OR Marvel game comes out, I see a bunch of people posting "why's Spawn not in this?"

Penno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could it be because Marvel studios are who makes the TV series on Netflix? I feel like such an idiot but I must admit it had me thinking he was Marvel *sighs at own stupidity*

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, like the other guy said. The same reason your mom calls yours PS4 and Xbox a boygametendo.

If someone asked me a bunch of questions about football and basketball, I wouldn't know WTF to tell them.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Batman themed sleeve tattooed on my arm. I always have people saying "I love Batman! When are they going to put him in an Avengers movie?" It just derives of people knowing the names but not knowing much more than that.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

Dude, like the other guy said. The same reason your mom calls yours PS4 and Xbox a boygametendo.

If someone asked me a bunch of questions about football and basketball, I wouldn't know WTF to tell them.

I feel the same way about sports. I mean I know them, but idc about the people in it

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughingbatman said:

I have a Batman themed sleeve tattooed on my arm. I always have people saying "I love Batman! When are they going to put him in an Avengers movie?" It just derives of people knowing the names but not knowing much more than that.

Ok, I think theres a fine line between simple ignorance just being mentally challenged about knowing these things.

@slimj87d said:

I feel the same way about sports. I mean I know them, but idc about the people in it

These responses kind of play off each other. The people that make comments without knowing which superheroes belong to DC/Marvel are like you with sports. They like watching the movies/shows but that's it. Wouldn't call them "mentally challenged", unless you prefer to be referred to that way by sports fans.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HighAccuser

@laughingbatman: Except i know enough not to make myself sound idiotic. I'm not gonna say "oh did Steve Nash score a touchdown" or something borderline moronic. And again, I have no interest in sports. There's a difference between having no interest in something, and being interested but still ignorant about it. Especially when a Google search clears up about 99% of comic answers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It happens. My ex used to mix up Marvel and DC all the time. I even saw a newspaper article that said Wonder Woman was a part of Marvel and will be starring in Marvel's Justice League movie.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: it's still ignorant to call somebody mentally challenged for not knowing something. Once upon a time, you heard of Superman for the first time and didn't know whether he belonged to DC/Marvel or that either existed. All you knew was that he wasn't a bird or a plane and he wore his underwear on the outside of his clothes. There's a far gap between being mentally challenged and not knowing who belongs in the Justice League or Avengers. Grow up.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: it's still ignorant to call somebody mentally challenged for not knowing something.

Thats the very definition of ignorant though. Again, I'm not expecting these people to be experts. I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying.

@nerevarine_11: . Once upon a time, you heard of Superman for the first time and didn't know whether he belonged to DC/Marvel or that either existed.

No, I asked where he was from and it got ingrained into me once I walked into a comic shop in the 90s at the age of 5. I've been reading books for decades.

@nerevarine_11: There's a far gap between being mentally challenged and not knowing who belongs in the Justice League or Avengers. Grow up.

Again, I think you're getting upset at a small jest I was making towards non comic readers. Calm down friend, you're starting to sound more emotionally triggered than the usual peons on the Internet.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a million dollars, if someone took a photo of professional baseball , basketball and football player in the underwear with similar builds and told me that identify which sport they played in, I probably wouldn't know.

This topic is pretty stupid to be honest. Just imagine if every enthusiast forum had this topic.

"Can you believe people today atill mix up to sports players from football and basketball?"

"Some guy on the street complimented my car's Monroe strut... THEY'RE HFP STRUTS! THEY'RE YELLOW FOR GAWD SAKES! "

"My wife doesn't know the difference a custom cooler and a AIO for the cpu... She's a moron"

Come on now, this topic isn't necessary if you think outside of the box.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well...u ppl might not know this but 2 the outside world, a superhero is just a superhero...they don't care which company they belong to..there is tons of merchandise in many countries that have DC characters and Marvel characters fighting along side Ben 10!!!Or the Power Rangers!! That's because counter fitting people don't care whether what their making is accurate to a comic book fan, they just want 2 sell their God damn T Shirt and their action figures and their lunchboxes...So to none comic book fans, Dc and Marvel are the same company

hazspharaoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the 90's Marvel did a parody of barry allen the flash when a speedster showed up from another universe he had amnesia all he remebered was his name sounded like "buried alien " (barry allen) and that he was running a reference to crisis on infinite earths because at that time that was the last time we had seen barry

NakedSnek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NakedSnek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Buried_Alien_(Earth-TRN242)

Flash is related to marvel

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.