Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Why 2014 will be the best DC New 52 year!!

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By 2cool4fun

1. New year new stuff: Seeing as how it's been over 2 years since they launched the new 52, not only did DC replace most of the bad series with good ones, and finally get a good grip on there new universe, but most of the hate finally stopped.

2. Forever Evil: Finally a big event from DC after so long, and what an awesome one it is, it reminds us of how many amazing villains DC has, it also gives us Bane fighting every criminal & psychopath in Gotham, The Rouges fighting villains from lots of different heroes, and many other great things. It will also bring us great change in the DC universe after it ends.

3. Forever Evil Aftermath: As I just said Forever Evil will give us great change, & great stories we will get FE: AftermathBatman vs Bain, Forever Evil Stars, seeing how nightwing deal with his identity being born, new heroes Justice League & many other changes

4. April: Ah April it brings news of great promises, Unless DC pools an awful April Fools joke un us, April might be one of the best months to be a DC fan, with all the FE: Aftermath & some great ongoing series like: Sinestro, Justice League United, Justice League Canada, Young Justice ( or in other words more focus ongoing heroes the ones we have seen & the ones that have not shown up yet, hopefully this also means the Teen Titans get a better writer ) & the one comic I know you all wanted Aquaman & The Others

5: One Shots: So far we know of 3 one shots, and the one shots so far are a bit more Female focused, which is nice of DC to finally do, We will Get an Amanda Waller One Shot, a One shot for Jokers Daughter ( Maybe they will actually makes us like her in the end ), and something I know all of you are waiting for. A Lois Lane One Shot with amazing art, a great writer and can possibly lead into an ongoing series.

6: Weekly Comics & New Event: Let's also not forget taht Batman Eternal will replace TDK, and when that goes from a weekly into a monthly comic we will get Future End as a weekly comics & done by amazing writers like Lemire Azzarello & other great writers & artist. PLus it will lead into a new september gimmick where we get 52 tittles about what our heroes and there universe will look like in 5 years.

What do you think, will this year be as great as it looks?

Also here are some of my wishes:

1. Another cosmic/galaxy/universe/space comic that is not a part of the green lantern universe, 6 is more than enough

2. No more freaking "new" robins, just bring Damian & Talia back with the Lazarus pit already

3. Lois actually succeeding in getting her own comic & maybe Steel getting his own as well

4. Aquamans "Rise Of The Seven Seas" to happen before August

5. Scott Lobdel & Ann Nocenti getting their asses out of DC

6. Superboy getting some respect from DC

7. Cassandra Cain showing up ( I mean come on, this one is so easy, the can even say that she is with Batman Inc. and working in China & that she was the 2nd batgirl during the time Barbara quit being batgirl & during the time she was in a wheelchair )

8. Wally & Donna showing up

9. The Question Getting a comic

10. Andrew Bennet & Animal Man showing up even if there comics have/will end, it would also be nice if the Demon Knights could appear as well seeing as how their title has also finished ( and was not canceled ), maybe they could join the JLD and make it even stronger, or just make their own magic team, let's face it the magical part of DC is the best part of DC :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Correction: It is Aquaman and the Others and not Aquaman and the Outsiders

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

Correction: It is Aquaman and the Others and not Aquaman and the Outsiders

wow fail...thanks.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I just want Wally West back ;.; I'll probably regret saying that after they give him some ridiculous new origin.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

1. They replaced most of the bad ones with even worse ones or crippled the ones with any promise in them by not backing them up.
    2. The greatest pile of stinking garbage currently on sale today.
    3. AKA how everyone got through the relative week or two by twidling their thumbs while other people needed to get into gear.
    4. Sinestro... of all the lame villains you could give a limited series (because it's not going to last any longer than 24 issues), you give one to him... Like Saint Walker said; No hope.
    5. One shots have been shown to be completely pointless unless its the same writer that gets to follow up on it.
    6. ...ignore....
    Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I'm hoping Static shows up in the Young Justice book. That guy needs a second chance.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
    MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Outside_85 U mad Bro?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All-New Marvel Now and Image roflstomp

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman and the Others, eh? Interesting.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

What in Cthulhus green earth is Justice League United?

Also my biggest wish for DC is that they either fire all there editors or they come to the realization that this isn't comics-by-committee and actually let the creators create.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

imho...the New 52 reboot was one of the absolute worst things to happen to the comic industry and thank god that Marvel hasn't followed suit....since the reboot I've seen an astonishing amount of people crying for reboots over the dumbest things....again thank god that Marvel hasn't followed suit or it would have taught the industry a very bad lesson....the New 52 was done by lazy writers for lazy readers....readers who are too lazy to read back issues or get online and look at summaries...writers who are to lazy or untalented enough to use continuity to it's fullest and work with it....continuity isn't a hindrance it's a gift....the writers have to realize that these aren't their characters to do with as they please and the "success" of the New 52 taught them that it was ok to drastically change a character's personality to fit a story instead of writing a story that fits the character's personality

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

@danhimself: although I like many stories N52 has, I will admit I miss the old continuity... A lot

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#15  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

I am looking forward to this year for DC as well. Do I want the old continuity back? Yes I do, but it really does feel like DC is getting a good grasp on their current universe. I actually want to see how this DC universe evolves. I also really hope the Lois Lane one shot takes off. They should also release an Alfred one shot.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By AllStarSuperman

I am honestly losing lots of interest in DC. Mine as well save my money and get things I enioy

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AllStarSuperman
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By longbowhunter

I have a lot of hope for DC in 2014. Batman Eternal sounds really good and I see Futures End being a bandaid for a lot of the mistakes New 52 created. Now if editorial would loosen the reigns and let the writers and artists do their jobs then maybe we can get back to great comics.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@2cool4fun:

1. For DC to give every new book 2 arcs at least and be up front with there cancellation policies .

2. No more Batfamily books or books based in Gotham we have enough already. Or maybe a Tim Drake solo id read that.

3. For them to reaslise there trades on a reasonable schedule. I am currently buying all of The New 52 trades and would love to go off digital but I am impatient so I do both.

4. Cyborg solo

5. Martian Manhunter Solo

6. More Charles Soule

DC seems to have there stride lately I have 30 books I am pulling monthly and loving it

5. Scott Lobdel & Ann Nocenti getting their asses out of DC

Yes this for the love of god hey they still have jobs there is beyond me. The damage Scott Lobdell has done to The Titans and to Superman boggles the mind how he still has a job is beyond me.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By sinestro_GL

Every year is a great year to be a DC fan, amigo!

Nok.

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Are you the comic artist Ryan Stegman? If so, you're awesome.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By PeppeyHare

@danhimself: Totally agree. Worst part of the new 52 for me is that literally every sidekick character was destroyed in some shape or form. Don't see any of that being fixed with Didio there

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

@attatje:

I'm not him. I'm BETTER than him.

I'm the Superior Steg-Man

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 2cool4fun

@justthatkid: Damn, April is turning into the month to be a DC fan. I'm really happy DC is getting their stuff together, April will pretty much fix every thing except the creative teams for Superman & Catwoman...and well also the fact that we will no longer have the funny larfleeze D:

@the_stegman Love your new pic, Evangelion hell yeah!

mrheintz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have always liked DC more than Marvel and was kind of worried with the announcement of the New 52. So far, I am overall impressed. Sure, some of the stories aren't too great yet. But I am sure they will work themselves out. And to anyone knocking the New 52: Isn't the reason they rebooted the universe was because a lot of the characters were getting too powerful? Also, I have become such a huge fan of Aquaman since the reboot. Geoff Johns is a genius. He has fixed so many dying comics. I am excited for the future of DC comics!

Scrotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Justice League United?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@justthatkid: Damn, April is turning into the month to be a DC fan. I'm really happy DC is getting their stuff together, April will pretty much fix every thing except the creative teams for Superman & Catwoman...and well also the fact that we will no longer have the funny larfleeze D:

@the_stegman Love your new pic, Evangelion hell yeah!

Actually Superman is getting a new creative team. Now if only they would kick Lobdell off of Teen Titans. That news would make my day.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Now that would make my day!

@scrotes said:

What is Justice League United?

No one knows, the only thing we do know is it starts with issue 0

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare:

I heard hes coming back as a full fledged hero if that helps

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.