Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Who's death do you think ignites the Trinity War?

• 69 results
    JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JLDoom
    No Caption Provided

According to the solicit for Justice League #22:

TRINITY WAR, the action-mystery event of the summer, begins with a full-length epic adventure! The death of a hero ignites a violent war among the Justice Leagues! It’s League vs. League vs. League as an impending darkness approaches the DC Universe. But the truth behind it all will lead to an evil that threatens every hero on the planet. And what does the Secret Society of Super-Villains have to with this? Everything.

So who do you think dies? Obviously everyone in the cover can be ruled out so I'm not really sure who could fit that spot. The solicits also say that:

• A hero gets arrested (I guess that could be anyone, since this is a war and all)
    • A hero goes rogue
    • A hero leaves the regular Justice League for Justice League Dark

Although I have to say I'm not very happy with these news. I'm tired of comic book deaths just like everyone else

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Who's absent from the battle? (Besides Captain Marvel. IDK if he'll be a member of the JL by then but if he is, he could move to the more magic-oriented JLD)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Cyborg; remember how Johns kept saying "his time has come"? They even made a video about it.

Kill off Cyborg, DC. Without their bus, the League will be shattered irrevocably.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

booster gold

he hasn't been seen since the JLI annual

and shazam is apparently rogue

and i can't believe it is only six issues long it should go for 3 or 4 months

also i am going to read JLD just for the trinity war

lastly i hope they properly introduce the atom before the trinity war starts

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Black Orchid isn't in the picture, but I don't know if she's important enough to start a war over. Depends on the circumstances I suppose.

Who could possibly leave the Justice League for Justice League Dark? I really hope they're not talking about Shazam, if he is a Justice League member.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Well Trevor isn't in the picture, but then again I highly doubt DC is gonna kill him off. I'll just have to wait and see who gets the axe.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it has to be a death that connects all three teams...

What if the its death of pandora which means that the box is up for grabs?everybody want it for a reason(good or personal)

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Trevor isn't in the picture, but then again I highly doubt DC is gonna kill him off. I'll just have to wait and see who gets the axe.

Isn't Trevor the guy with two guns pointed at both Deadman and Frankenstein

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

yeah he is. next to Martian Mind-Rapist

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just struck me that this is probably the death on the JL #5 cover.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

It just struck me that this is probably the death on the JL #5 cover.

i think you are right can you imagine it was the death of deadman lol

it has to be a death that connects all three teams...

What if the its death of pandora which means that the box is up for grabs?everybody want it for a reason(good or personal)

i don't think it can be pandora becasue she hasn't come face to face with any teams yet

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ambush Bug.

What?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people speculate Phantom Stranger is judas so I hope jesus does not die again.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@xtremekidx said:

I don't think it's Pandora since by the time the event starts only 2 issues of her own series will be out

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Akindoodle

It may be Flash leaving the regular JL for the Darkies because he shows up in their title quite a bit leading up to the event. It would be cool but I can't really imagine it though, he's a sci-fi hero, they're magic. How will it mesh? Though it may be better for him. He's not doing much in the JL

I hope no one I like dies. Can't be Pandora; she just got her own monthly. No one from the main JL because they're too important to kill off. It's the JLA cover with the coffin... Amanda Waller? She's no "hero" in the conventional sense, but all 3 teams know her, she has a really integral role in the DC universe right now and her death would be enough to boil some blood

Hehe, I just noticed John Constantine (pathological liar) tangling with the Lasso of Truth. Interesting combination...

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Pandora isn't a hero, not really sure why people would suspect her.

Anyhow, I'm also thinking it's the JLA coffin as well. Waller's no hero but I would be happy to see her go, primarily because I loathe the whole blackmailing people into service angle of which she's an intrinsic part with SS and JLA. But that's not a reason to actually expect her to be the "hero" who dies.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 4_color_image

@colonyofcells said:

Some people speculate Phantom Stranger is judas so I hope jesus does not die again.

Well, Diana is the closest we have to Jesus on the teams. She is the daughter of god & man and we saw her walk on water in her own title. But I highly doubt it would be her!

AND WHY IS DR LIGHT THERE?!?!?!?!?!!?

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonyofcells said:

Well, Diana is the closest we have to Jesus on the teams. She is the daughter of god & man and we saw her walk on water in her own title. But I highly doubt it would be her!

Killing WONDER WOMAN?! Bite your tongue sir! Or ma'am. Haha, really though, she's the closest thing to godship on the team but why are we assuming that the Phantom Stranger being Judas has anything to do with the death.

@akbogert: But I like the whole despicable blackmail thing. It's cool and not something you usually see in superhero comics. I like Amanda Waller.Great role model for young women who aspire to grow up and boss people like the Martian Manhunter and Hawkman around. She shouldn't die..... but it's 2013, Barry Allen's the Flash again, Bucky Barnes is alive while another Robin is dead. The last decade in comics show that anything's possible. Who's Amanda Waller to say no to comic book death?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@akindoodle: Well obviously a lot of people like it or she wouldn't be in multiple books. But there's nothing redeemable about blackmail -- a person whose name is basically synonymous with it is a terrible role model for anyone. Threatening to kill or ruin someone's life (or simply withhold good you could easily give) unless they do precisely what you want, for as long as you want, is just straight-up evil. I see Waller as a villain, and likewise anyone complicit with what she does. I don't care what your justifications are -- you strap a bomb to someone and threaten to detonate it if they displease you, you no longer deserve to be seen as a good person.

And as such, I don't view her as a hero... so I don't view her death as the inciting incident.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman going to justice league dark

batman get arrested

superman goes rogue

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: You just described every intelligence organisation in the world and guess what? People consider these guys heroes for keeping their countries "safe" (not me personally, hence the sarcasm. They can go suck it). And the role model bit was meant as a joke so relax. I don't consider Waller a hero myself. She's a b*tch to put it nicely. I was simply hypothesizing that she's now important enough to start a war. Besides, DC has some pretty weird definitions for the word "hero". There, happy?

wonder woman going to justice league dark

batman get arrested

superman goes rogue

I wish this so much

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: well we do see Bruce getting arrested in dark knight comic and then we see a glimpse into the future where the justice league is hunting down superman in issue 8 it proly JLA going after him wonder woman was just a good guess because she is the only in the who can handle the mystic side

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4_color_image said:

@colonyofcells said:

Killing WONDER WOMAN?! Bite your tongue sir! Or ma'am. Haha, really though, she's the closest thing to godship on the team but why are we assuming that the Phantom Stranger being Judas has anything to do with the death.

@akbogert: But I like the whole despicable blackmail thing. It's cool and not something you usually see in superhero comics. I like Amanda Waller.Great role model for young women who aspire to grow up and boss people like the Martian Manhunter and Hawkman around. She shouldn't die..... but it's 2013, Barry Allen's the Flash again, Bucky Barnes is alive while another Robin is dead. The last decade in comics show that anything's possible. Who's Amanda Waller to say no to comic book death?

when has she bossed MM or Hawkman around? i dont see either of them taking that especially new 52 psycho mind rapist MM.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle said:

@4_color_image said:

@colonyofcells said:

when has she bossed MM or Hawkman around? i dont see either of them taking that especially new 52 psycho mind rapist MM.

I didn't mean literally boss around but you've got to have some sort of clout to get them on a team, right?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@akindoodle said:

@4_color_image said:

@colonyofcells said:

I didn't mean literally boss around but you've got to have some sort of clout to get them on a team, right?

well Hawkman joined because she said the government would vouch for him. but she pretty much didnt have anything on MM. he joined because he knows Steve has good intentions.

MidApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poor Deadman - J'onn looks really pissed - he is gonna mind rape his dead brain xD no but more seriously - they can't kill Amanda she ain't even fat yet!! :(

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

hmmm. A large part of me thinks that one of the new 3 rookies on the JL team will be the death (firestorm isn't in the picture). Zatanna is joining the league coming up and her switching back to dark could be what they're referring to. I also can't help but think Green Arrow will be the traitor on JLA. Also isn't JLA having a death coming up? Couldn't that be the catalyst that sparks the war? I notice no Catwoman in the fight.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By colonyofcells

Amanda Waller is probably more dispensable. Other unpopular heroes that can be killed are Firestorm, Black Orchid, Amethyst, Booster Gold, etc. I would also like to speculate that there is a Justice League member most likely to rape people : Dr Arthur Light. I hope Dr Arthur Light does not rape Pandora bec. Pandora might get very angry and bring back the pre-flashpoint universe.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@akindoodle said:

@4_color_image said:

@colonyofcells said:

Au contraire --- the backup to JLA #2 strongly implied, if not flat out stated, that the only reason Waller formed the new League was because J'onn surreptitiously planted the idea in her mind and let her believe it was hers to begin with.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMh looks badass!

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Akindoodle

@citizenbane said:

@akindoodle said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@akindoodle said:

@4_color_image said:

@colonyofcells said:

Au contraire --- the backup to JLA #2 strongly implied, if not flat out stated, that the only reason Waller formed the new League was because J'onn surreptitiously planted the idea in her mind and let her believe it was hers to begin with.

That's interesting to know. Now we're sure that they've turned our favorite oreo loving Martian into a manipulative mind rapist. Yay for horrifyingly gritty takes (that are occasionally cool) on previously lovable characters! And again, I will say that Waller's death is simply conjecture on my part. The issues haven't even come out yet!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

@akindoodle said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@akindoodle said:

@4_color_image said:

@colonyofcells said:

That's interesting to know. Now we're sure that they've turned our favorite oreo loving Martian into a manipulative mind rapist. Yay for horrifyingly gritty takes (that are occasionally cool) on previously lovable characters! And again, I will say that Waller's death is simply conjecture on my part. The issues haven't even come out yet!

THIS. i have no problem with him being a bit more manipulative but there is a limit.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle said:

THIS. i have no problem with him being a bit more manipulative but there is a limit.

It's nice to be agreed with. And we have the exact same feelings on the subject. I really do like manipulating, political morally ambiguous and/or bankrupt characters. But the dude loved Oreos for God's sake! Evil people don't love something as wholesome as Oreos; goes against every law in the universe. Even his appearance in the Sandman of all things wasn't this dark and this is the Sandman. Actually, does he still like oreos? or have they retconned that too?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They must have read Spider Man 700.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@akindoodle said:

It's nice to be agreed with. And we have the exact same feelings on the subject. I really do like manipulating, political morally ambiguous and/or bankrupt characters. But the dude loved Oreos for God's sake! Evil people don't love something as wholesome as Oreos; goes against every law in the universe. Even his appearance in the Sandman of all things wasn't this dark and this is the Sandman. Actually, does he still like oreos? or have they retconned that too?

yup. no Oreo's/Chocos for J'onn.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Black Lantern Hal will probably be killed as redundant as it sounds. I'm guessing JLD will see his existence as an affront to the natural order of magic and Amanda Waller would probably view all Black Lanterns as a threat to America.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

booster gold

if shazam or booster gold dies someones getting punched in the face

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By the_tree

@mezmero said:

Black Lantern Hal will probably be killed as redundant as it sounds. I'm guessing JLD will see his existence as an affront to the natural order of magic and Amanda Waller would probably view all Black Lanterns as a threat to America.

Hal will be off leading the Green Lantern Corps by the time the Trinity War starts.

@flazam said:

@scouts1998 said:

booster gold

if shazam or booster gold dies someones getting punched in the face

I second that.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ThanosIsMad

booster gold

No it shouldn't. I'm tired of needlessly long crossovers. We're lucky enough as it is that it's being contained to three books instead of spawning off a mini-series and 56 tie-in issues.

ME24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@colonyofcells: It's not really speculation. They've made it really obvious that he's Judas.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_tree said:

@mezmero said:

Hal will be off leading the Green Lantern Corps by the time the Trinity War starts.

Well that's disappointing. What was the point of even getting Baz as a counter to the JL's Green Lantern if he was going to leave before the Trinity War anyway? Oh well, I guess I'm more excited not knowing what could happen. Big surprise that solicits are ruining my wide-eyed wonderment for the future of comic book story lines.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

This is just a pure stab in the dark guess ...

Constantine gets arrested

Martian Manhunter goes rogue

Batman joins Justice League Dark

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nightwing4

Batman is obviously rogue in the picture. He's not fighting anyone. He's going after the box.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is obviously rogue in the picture. He's not fighting anyone. He's going after the box.

Probably because pretty much everyone there can kick his ass and so to make himself feel useful he goes for the box.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nightwing4 said:

Probably because pretty much everyone there can kick his ass and so to make himself feel useful he goes for the box.

BATMAN ALWAYS WIN WITH PREP!!!

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it possible that Shazam goes rogue, and that Baz joins JL Dark? I don't who would die to spark off the war though.

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im going with no one very important

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Damian batman tries to find pandora a box to bring Damian back to life this causes the war

Dingle_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's the chick in the top left with the white face and red dot on her head?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.