Who is the Most Iconic DC Female Character?

#1 Posted by Jack Donaghy (877 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman's often described as THE female superhero and I agree with that but when it comes to characters in general (hero, villain, regular citizens) I don't think she's the most iconic. imo Catwoman and Lois Lane are both more famous and iconic than her it probably helps that they're both associated with the 2 biggest superheroes ever but still.

So do you guys think Wonder Woman is the most iconic female in comics or even DC? If not who?

#2 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (10902 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, definitely Wonder Woman. She's apart of the Trinity.

Lois Lane could be considered the most iconic in other terms.

Second most iconic character would be Power girl for her iconic-----/ :P

#3 Posted by Kairan1979 (16701 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Wonder Woman.
Lois Lane is not a superheroine, and Catwoman, as much as I like her, is not epic level character.

#4 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman without a doubt. Wonder Woman is a recognizable character to people who live outside of the comics bubble, has had her own TV show and a recently aborted pilot for an updated version. Lois is a supporting character and as stated above, Catwoman is no more than a Batman opponent to many people.

#5 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, without a doubt.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12398 posts) - - Show Bio

Are.....are you serious?

#7 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger said:

Wonder Woman, without a doubt.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman easily, followed by Supergirl.

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (14719 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanna say that Catwoman have appearances in movies and cartoon series and comics.

I also think catwoman has the most number of appearances from DC when it comes to video games

Catwoman is also in the latest batman game which has sold more than 2 million copies and Catwoman will also be appearing in the upcoming Batman movie which will be shown WORLDWIDE.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32097 posts) - - Show Bio

there's a difference between widely marketed and iconic 

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio
/end thread

BB

#12 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.