Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Who do you want to see in Ame-Comi Girls comics?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sethysquare

If you haven't heard,

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/gray-palmiotti-digital-first-ame-comi-girls.html

DC is starting a weekly digital first comic in june, and printed copy should be solicited in July. Who are you guys most excited to see?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

We're getting Wonder Woman, Bat girl, female Robin, Super girl, Power girl and Duela Dent.

Of course with that, the villains would include Cheetah, Poison Ivy and a female Brainiac.

This was mentioned by Justin Gray

The writers said there will be a lot more Ame-Comi versions of characters than just the ones who are headlining the titles. "All you have to do is look at the characters that were part of the Ame-Come line and you will know what is eventually coming up," Palmiotti said. "If you have a favorite, just stick around: She will be making an appearance."

And Justin did tweeted about the possibilities of Mera, Red Raven, Flash (Jesse Quick) and Hawkgirl.

Aside from these, who would you like to see? For me?

Catwoman
    Catwoman
    Star Sapphire
    Star Sapphire
    Green Lantern Arisia
    Green Lantern Arisia
    Black Canary (White Version
    Black Canary (White Version
    No Caption Provided

Donna Troy

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sethysquare
    No Caption Provided

These are new releases this year. Do note that at the right side, its mentioned that there is going to be a Brainiac in 2012 september. I can't wait to check out how Brainiac girl looks like. What do you guys think? Any one of these Ame Comi girls caught your fancy? Are you interested in this new digital first comics being released in June?

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MrMiracle77

Still waiting for a Barda figure.  :(

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CATPANEXE

YES!!!!

MY WISH CAME TRUE!

Duella of course!

No Caption Provided

@MrMiracle77 said:

Still waiting for a Barda figure. :(

She already was made.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sethysquare

@CATPANEXE said:

YES!!!!

MY WISH CAME TRUE!

Duella of course!

No Caption Provided

@MrMiracle77 said:

Still waiting for a Barda figure. :(

She already was made.

I was wondering why they didn't include Big Barda and Catwoman in the first round of females. Either ways here is how Brainiac would look like

No Caption Provided
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sethysquare
    No Caption Provided

I haven't noticed this before, but wow, Hawkgirl looks great. Her wings looks insanely cool, very mechanical and high tech.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MrMiracle77
    @CATPANEXE

I'm waiting on a mini version.  $70 is a bit for a figure.
    TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By TheOptimist

I think this is going to be rather cool... I've been wanting a girl book for a while... I'm hopeful that it won't become cheescake-excess and that the stories will be strong...

As for what I'd like: Cyclone much? (It'd fit the character oh so well...)

But more realistically, I gotta join the Catwoman train. Supergirl? Mera? I'm really not sure... I'll probably have more "wants" once we get a feeling of what the book itself will be like.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sethysquare

@TheOptimist said:

I think this is going to be rather cool... I've been wanting a girl book for a while... I'm hopeful that it won't become cheescake-excess and that the stories will be strong...

As for what I'd like: Cyclone much? (It'd fit the character oh so well...)

But more realistically, I gotta join the Catwoman train. Supergirl? Mera? I'm really not sure... I'll probably have more "wants" once we get a feeling of what the book itself will be like.

I'm really excited because I actually really like the ame comi outfits. But the writers handle cheesecake well, so I trust them.

I doubt there'll be Cyclone, shes not even in the ame comi figurings, which is sad cos I'd really like to see Starfire. But looking at how there isn't a starfire in the ame comi statues, I don't think there'll be one in the book as well.

Whats wrong with Mera though? Shes hot and she got sass. Supergirl is pretty cool too.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

DONNA TROY 

Also Red Raven is a cool name 

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By TheOptimist

@sethysquare: Yeah, I do like the writers, and the way that AC addressed the question at C2E2 eased my nerves a touch... I don't actually mind it one bit, I just mind the inevitable backlash against those comics as a consequence of it...

Cyclone isn't at all realistic, I know... I wouldn't say that Starfire has no shot though, the perfect way to handle the ame-comics is to introduce them in tandem... if there isn't one yet, the perfect release would be in conjunction with a new issue featuring them.

I wasn't knocking Mera or Supergirl though, I was actually saying that I'd like to see them... I think they're both awesome. I just wasn't sure how to play them out in the comics. My bad.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sethysquare

@TheOptimist said:

@sethysquare: Yeah, I do like the writers, and the way that AC addressed the question at C2E2 eased my nerves a touch... I don't actually mind it one bit, I just mind the inevitable backlash against those comics as a consequence of it...

Cyclone isn't at all realistic, I know... I wouldn't say that Starfire has no shot though, the perfect way to handle the ame-comics is to introduce them in tandem... if there isn't one yet, the perfect release would be in conjunction with a new issue featuring them.

I wasn't knocking Mera or Supergirl though, I was actually saying that I'd like to see them... I think they're both awesome. I just wasn't sure how to play them out in the comics. My bad.

For what its worth, I really enjoyed Cyclone in JSA, I'm excited to see her in Earth 2, possibly.

I do agree that Starfire might have a shot, but its probably after hawkgirl, mera, raven, harley quin and etc. Cross my fingers.

I am actually excited to see Mera taking the mantle of Queen of Atlantis, being a big fan of the Aqua-family characters.

One other thing that I'm excited about is

making Jimmy Olsen into an older sexy Sebastian Junger type photojournalist in love with Power Girl

I think that would be pretty awesome, except I rather Jimmy be dating Supergirl. I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of Powergirl as compared to Supergirl.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By CATPANEXE

Oh, and for someone that wasn't mentioned to be in, I want to see Harley naturally. Also just bumping this and thanks again for the news.

No Caption Provided

Star Sapphire would be choicy for me too!

No Caption Provided

If I have one small complaint is that UDON isn't doing the art. Odd as they created the Ame-Comi looks, sort of like having Bruce Timm not kick off Harley Quinn?

But it's a small thing, trust me. Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stoked for this. Noting there's separate stories for different characters then? Noice!

All stories are written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray, with Wonder Woman art by Amanda Conner and Tony Akins, Batgirl art by Sanford Greene, Duela Dent art by Ted Naifeh, Power Girl art by Mike Bowden and Supergirl art by Santi Casas.

Duella. All. The. Way!

I made image galleries featuring the Ame-Comi characters for those that need reference, though they don't include the newly unveiled ones (I'll add them when I get the chance and some good images).

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/catpanexe/amecomi1/108-537034/

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/catpanexe/amecomi2/108-537035/

Gosh, an animated series or DVD movie then and I can die happy? ;)

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Lady BlackHawk. unless that's been made

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

Zatanna

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sethysquare

@CATPANEXE: BTW, thanks for the gallery. Finally somewhere where I can get to see all the ame comi girls.

I'm hoping they'll release Harley in her version 2 outfit, it looks cooler than her version 1.

Battlepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17  Edited By Battlepig

Huh, those are some pretty dollies to play with.

Anyways, I am longing for someone to get Siren back into comics. I liked her whole eco-terrorist thing. And while we're at bringing some quite obscure character, we might as well get Siren.

EDIT: Guess what? I'll add a pretty picture.

No Caption Provided
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sethysquare

@Battlepig: Interesting character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.