DC only.

#2 Edited by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#3 Posted by Pope052 (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

Martian Manhunter

#5 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

the most powerful earthbound telepath is martian manhunter but i'm not sure who is the the powerful in the entire DCU

#7 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

MM, he's green

#8 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Manchester Black is up there.

#9 Posted by Veravin (660 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Dextersinister (6512 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Despero is the most powerful of anyone listed so far and then even he was no match for Starro the conqueror, the most powerful is probaly some one shot character and the same probably applies to Marvel.

#11 Edited by beatboks1 (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

most powerful telepaths in DC are

brainwave snr

Ultra humanite

Despero

Martian Manhunter

Manchester Black

Brainwave Jnr ( he has more raw power than his old man after his dad gifted him his power when he died but no where near the control, so where Snr has telepathically commanded Spectre to do his will jnr has no where near rhose showings. he doesnhave better attack feats than MM but his defense is a joke)

Maxima

#12 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't put them at the top, but I want to give a shoutout to Grodd and Brainiac.

#13 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

Would Jemm and Saturn Girl also be in this mix (as I suppose people like Highfather, Ganthet, and/or Darkseid are probably off limits)?

#14 Edited by the_last_kryptonian (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how powerful Braniac would be if he were a telapath.

#15 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (975 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio

MM

Despero

Darkseid

Raven?

Starro

Miss Martian

Manchester Black

Ultra Humanite

Grodd

#17 Posted by Juiceboks (10811 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Maxwell Lord deserves some mention. What with, mind wiping all of DC Earth and what not.

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (38342 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheryin1: Not a battle, so I moved it to the DC board in case you can't find it.

#19 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Maxwell Lord deserves some mention. What with, mind wiping all of DC Earth and what not.

Pretty sure he was boosted for that.

#20 Posted by beatboks1 (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: yeah they would. since Ultra Humanite has TP defeated MM, Jemm, Grodd, and Hector Hammond he would be above them ( obviously) and since Brainwave was shown as his equal in TP and to my knowledge is the only one in DC who has a feat ( unamped) of telepathically making the whole world see what he wanted them too I can't think of anyone above him ( plus the only other TP feat against spectre was by MM and that was just reading him where BW actually made him go away to fight something else so he wouldn't have to fight him plus has made TP projections that actually fought Spectre)

#21 Posted by The Stegman (26056 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Starro

2. Despero

3. Martian Manhunter

4. Darkseid (sometimes)

5. Grodd

6. Dr. Psycho

7. Mr. Mind

8. Hecter Hammond

9. Manchester Black

10. Psimon

11. Saturn Girl

12. Composite Superman

#22 Edited by Saren (25116 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Psycho is a pretty middling telepath. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside Hammond or Saturn Girl.

#23 Posted by sheryin1 (64 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by TDK_1997 (15093 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Despero
  • Brainwave Snr
  • Brainwave Jr.
  • Manchester Black
  • Starro
  • Hector Hammond

#25 Edited by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter, Despero, Starro, Miss Martian, Hector Hammond, and maybe Maxwell Lord but I don't think he's that powerful.

#26 Posted by dondave (38896 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Despero
  • Brainwave Snr
  • Brainwave Jr.
  • Manchester Black
  • Starro
  • Hector Hammond

#27 Posted by sheryinistoosexy (722 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by kilowog52 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF?!! Darkseid isn't a telepath. Neither is Brainiac. And I'm pretty sure Ultra-Humanite is just a mad scientist who likes to transplant his brain into various bodies, so not a telepath. I don't know who Composite Superman is either. Everyone else mentioned so far, I agree is a telepath. Not all of whom are ones I remembered. Let me see if I can think of any others that have not been mentioned. Psycho-Pirate, the HIVE queen, Mento (Steve Dayton). DC does have lots and lots of telepaths. But I'm pretty sure that Jim Starlin's run on Stormwatch established that Jenny Soul is the most powerful of all telepaths. However, the soft reboot to that series had been undone, meaning she does not exist anymore. I think.

#29 Edited by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

Shout-out to Miss Martian.

#30 Edited by beatboks1 (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF?!! Darkseid isn't a telepath. Neither is Brainiac. And I'm pretty sure Ultra-Humanite is just a mad scientist who likes to transplant his brain into various bodies, so not a telepath. I don't know who Composite Superman is either. Everyone else mentioned so far, I agree is a telepath. Not all of whom are ones I remembered. Let me see if I can think of any others that have not been mentioned. Psycho-Pirate, the HIVE queen, Mento (Steve Dayton). DC does have lots and lots of telepaths. But I'm pretty sure that Jim Starlin's run on Stormwatch established that Jenny Soul is the most powerful of all telepaths. However, the soft reboot to that series had been undone, meaning she does not exist anymore. I think.

No the guy who has TP assaulted others from another deminsion, mind controlled half a dozen heroes from Limbo, TP communicated with himself 4 decades into the future, TP battles the Brainwave, TP defeated the combined mental power of Jemm' - Martian Manhunter - Godd - Hector Hammond and others, amongst other things isn't a TPer is he.

Also Darksied in LoSH TP battled Saturn Girl and Brainiac input his intelligence into Milton Fine who was a telepath. Suggest you do some research in future.

#31 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian manhunter and despero. Is grodd a telepath ? I forget

#32 Posted by Sir_Redhood (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Manchester Black and Martian Manhunter. For proof, take a look at Superman Unbound, the movie. Manchester Black had serious powers there. Also, New 52 Martian Manhunter simply cannot be denied. A shout out goes to Despero though... In Batman the Brave and the Bold, he freaking took control of almost the whole planet earth.

#33 Edited by Outside_85 (10305 posts) - - Show Bio

In no particular order:

• Martian Manhunter
  • Miss Martian
  • Despero
  • Darkseid
  • Gorilla Grodd
  • Psimon
  • Manchester Black (and his sister)
  • Hector Hammond
  • Guardians of Oa
  • Maxima
  • Saturn Girl

The near-omnipotents (and possibly illegal)

• The Spectre
  • Trigon
  • Mageddon
  • Eclipso
#34 Edited by Jphu8414 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

I always though Despero was on Martian Manhunter level if not greater then him, I mean he's beaten him a couple of times

#35 Posted by ubungqingili (81 posts) - - Show Bio

god is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.