Which three series should DC cancel?

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

We all hate cancellations, but like Didio said they've always been a part of the comics business ever since its beginnings.

When the DC universe was rebooted we gained 52 new ongoing series, after eight months we saw 8 of them cancelled and 8 new series took its place. One year after the reboot we'll see the cancellation of 4 other series to leave their place for another 4.

We know Justice League international is the first one announced to end. We also know thanks to this that sales won't be the only factor determining cancellation. Which series do you think DC could cancel? Which series do you think DC should cancel?

#2 Posted by Sabatoge777 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

vadoo, blue bettle, maybe end legion lost

#3 Edited by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they don't cancel Stormwatch and Earth-2, I would be okay with whatever. I would prefer them to cancel one of the Bat titles. It's everywhere these days. I don't care much for Justice League titles, but why does International got cancelled if it wasn't for sales number?

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

What I think should get cancelled:

• Superboy
  • Deathstroke
  • Batgirl

I don't see Superboy having a real purpose now that the NOWHERE stuff has come to a close, so I'd fold that into Teen Titans. Deathstroke has taken a nosedive in quality since Liefeld's taken over, so I'd cut that. I'd cancel Batgirl just because I think it's boring and very meh, so I'd fold Babs into Birds of Prey.

What I think will get cancelled:

• Deathstroke
  • Captain Atom
  • Resurrection Man
#5 Posted by jwalser3 (5255 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Captain Atom
  • Suicide Squad
  • Hawkman

I really don't want them to cancel Justice League International or Stormwatch.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Grifter
  • Deathstroke
  • Firestorm
Grifter and Deathstroke are now just plain bad and the cancellation of their series could easily be justified with the new Team 7 launch which has the two of them . 

A part of me also wants Blue Beetle to be cancelled because as much as I love Jaime this series takes everything away from what it should be. This is the complete opposite of the original series which I loved and which was so greatly replicated in the brave and the bold and young justice. 

I don't think/I hope that Blue beetle won't be cancelled just because of the love that Johns and Didio have for Jaime, along with the character's increasing popularity in other media. That being said I do think that we should get a new creative team
#7 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see where the Voodoo series will go now that she's a bad guy, so I want to see that for quite a while longer.

I would love to see Batman and Robin get chopped, and The Dark Knight. To round it off for three, I'd like to see Ressurrection Man go.

#8 Edited by knighthood (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry said:

As long as they don't cancel Stormwatch and Earth-2, I would be okay with whatever. I would prefer them to cancel one of the Bat titles. It's everywhere these days. I don't care much for Justice League titles, but why does International got cancelled if it wasn't for sales number?

off topic, but Stormwatch better step up its game. I'm close to dropping that title and I love the Authority and Martian Manhunter. So far that book is meh.

@Nighthunter: The Liefeld books, but honestly I'd be fine with the Lobdell books as well. At the moment this are the books I believe are being canceled.

1. Deathstroke
  2. Grifter
  3. Birds of Prey or Hawkman

Basically these threes title make sense because three characters are teaming up in Team 7 and/or they are getting the Liefeld treatment.

#9 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

@Redberry said:

off topic, but Stormwatch better step up its game. I'm close to dropping that title and I love the Authority and Martian Manhunter. So far that book is meh.

@Nighthunter: The Liefeld books, but honestly I'd be fine with the Lobdell books as well. At the moment this are the books I believe are being canceled.

1. Deathstroke
  2. Grifter
  3. Birds of Prey or Hawkman

Basically these threes title make sense because three characters are teaming up in Team 7 and/or they are getting the Liefeld treatment.

I think Stormwatch is suffered from different artistic direction. In just 10 issues, they changed the writer 3 times.I feel like the good need some humors in it since it's so serious all the time. The arc needs to be better as well. I feel like there's a lack of flow in the book. Midnighter is one of my favorites, but I feel like there's something lacking about this book. The concept is great, but they need a recurring villain. I feel like the issue is to episodic. There needs to be a long arc to make it interesting.

#10 Posted by Saren (26016 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestorm, The Dark Knight, Legion Lost.

#11 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9142 posts) - - Show Bio

Grifter,Ressurection Man and The Dark Knigth.....the last ,canceled now,Tony Daniel sucks

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want cancelled:

• Hawkman
  • I, Vampire
  • Blue Beetle

I want Cancelled:

• The Dark Knight
  • Firestorm
  • Captain Atom

(Grifter and Deathstroke are reserved, because I like the characters even though the series are horrible)

Which I think Will be Cancelled:

• Captain Atom
  • Blue Beetle
  • Legion Lost.
#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree:Superboy...how DARE YOU SIR HOW VERY DARE YOU.

#14 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

What I want cancelled:

• The Dark Knight
  • Legion Lost
  • Deathstroke (I love Deathstroke, and I just don't want to watch the quality continue to decline as Liefield continues to butcher the series. I'd much rather just end it now).

What I think will get cancelled:

• Blue Beetle
  • Captain Atom
  • Resurrection Man
#15 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I know it's not gonna happen I'd like Red Hood to be canned. Dark Knight's gotta go and maybe Vodoo.

#16 Posted by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

I don't want cancelled:

• Hawkman
  • I, Vampire
  • Blue Beetle

I want Cancelled:

• The Dark Knight
  • Firestorm
  • Captain Atom

(Grifter and Deathstroke are reserved, because I like the characters even though the series are horrible)

Which I think Will be Cancelled:

• Captain Atom
  • Blue Beetle
  • Legion Lost.
No don't say Blue Beetle..... 

Red Lanterns 
Dark Knight 
Frankenstein agent of shade.
G.I. Combat 
Batgirl 
Captain Atom 
Dial H 
Legion Lost 
Resurrection Man 
Stormwatch 
Hawkman well maybe I'll give it some more time. 
Worlds Finest 

Ya I know You said only three but.......
#17 Posted by thedevilstitans (25 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate and i mean i hate

1. I, Vampire
  2. superboy (i love you but have no need)
  3. green arrow (the green arrow just hate its plot)
#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34299 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you actually WANT something to get cancelled? 

#19 Edited by BigBig5 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League International is ending because a bunch of the characters are being killed off and the team is falling apart. They might have some spin off from it, who knows.

#20 Edited by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I hate to upset you but they are cancelling JLI.

Green Arrow is pretty sh*t right now, both the writing and artwork. GL & Batman have too many story arcs for my liking.

Blue Beetle and Aquaman are AWESOME!!

#21 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Why would you actually WANT something to get cancelled?

as DC are keeping there comics at 52 and people want one or more in so the same anmount need to go

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34299 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

as DC are keeping there comics at 52 and people want one or more in so the same anmount need to go

and what? Screw all the fans of the books that will be cancelled? Selfish much.
#23 Posted by BatWatch (2881 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans has taken my favorite character, erased his history, and turned him into an immature tool. For retconning, twenty-five years of character development, screw Teen Titans!

#24 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: No but it whatever (besides the big names) sells the lest will get replaced as they want new comics to make money off the ones that arent selling as well whilst still keeping the number at 52

#25 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3487 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

Teen Titans has taken my favorite character, erased his history, and turned him into an immature tool. For retconning, twenty-five years of character development, screw Teen Titans!

I quite like the initial direction of TT especially the Superboy thing. The thing I wasnt to see is Tim Drake get his own comic

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34299 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: No but it whatever (besides the big names) sells the lest will get replaced as they want new comics to make money off the ones that arent selling as well whilst still keeping the number at 52

No, if all the books sell well then nothing will be cancelled 
#27 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3487 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus Batman and Robin is awesome as someone said otherwise

#28 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

No, if all the books sell well then nothing will be cancelled

But some less than others and they want to add new ones its how they keep people interested If they didn't do it I personally wouldn't be able to read Earth 2 or Batman Inc which I have been loving and there hasn't been one comic I have been upset to see go

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34299 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

But some less than others and they want to add new ones its how they keep people interested If they didn't do it I personally wouldn't be able to read Earth 2 or Batman Inc which I have been loving and there hasn't been one comic I have been upset to see go

Well the needs of the thousands of fans of the cancelled books out way your need to "stay interested" I'm afraid 
#30 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: The books getting cancelled are not selling well at all.

DC is keeping the number at 52 so they have to get rid of some of these books and see if the new books will sell better.

#31 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle

Batman: The Dark Knight

Red Lanterns

#32 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

anything liefiled is attached to

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duke_Nasty said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: The books getting cancelled are not selling well at all.

DC is keeping the number at 52 so they have to get rid of some of these books and see if the new books will sell better.

Which they wont because nobody wants to try out new books, the ones that have been cancelled were selling enough to stay afloat if they where from any other comic company than DC/Marvel so they could have easily kept them going, also they already had a fan base so they could have just tried new creative teams/plots
#34 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

#35 Posted by LanternCorpsGuy (48 posts) - - Show Bio

My three

1) Red Lanterns- i had alot of hopes in when first came out but the first 2 issues were boring, eh, it was dissapointing to me. so i couldnt read anymore. There was no pont

2) Green arrow- why? because i read the first 10 pages of issue 1 and it wasnt right, didnt feel like green arrow.

3) Legion lost- there was not point adding this to the new 52. kill it. maybe the suffering stop for the series.

sad that captain atom and JUI was ending was looking forward to read both of the series.

#36 Posted by sagejonathan (2013 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Blue Beetle

Red Lanterns

Take that back. It a great series that not enough people read.

#37 Posted by NewKid (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Blue Beetle

:(

#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (12352 posts) - - Show Bio

Worlds Finest

Green Arrow

Superboy

#39 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan said:

@mr.obvious said:

Blue Beetle

Red Lanterns

Take that back. It a great series that not enough people read.

I dislike Jaime Reyes so no, I won't.

#40 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

Well the needs of the thousands of fans of the cancelled books out way your need to "stay interested" I'm afraid

Its not me I personally dont care as I said the only two I've got that replaced anything are Earth 2 and Batman Inc. Where as OMAC sucked as did Hawk and Dove. Its thousands of people who go it would be nice to see this plus some are planed as story change like Batman Inc to complete Morrisons run, Earth 2 to introduce alternative versions, Talon continuing from Night of Owls (which I couldn't care about) and The Phantom Stranger which is meant to have more about the hounded girl who was in the first issues and Free Comic Book Day issue. Theres always going to be someone thats inoyed cause either theres something tehy want cancelled or something crap getting put in or like Supermans case crap stories so far but as I said the only one I'm slightly sorry to miss is Voodoo and I;m sure more people will care more for some of the new ones than the canceled ones

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.