Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Which Harley Quinn is not ooc?

2Darkdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know Harley from the TAS show and from the Dodson-series. So I like her quite much in her ongoing.

Here in Germany most readers know her from Sucide Squad since they started reading at New52. That causes more complains about her, being ooc in the ongoing, than I expected.

So I am interested which characterizatin you prefer and consider to be the right one in the comics.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@2darkdevil: I consider the wacky, fun Harley from her ongoing to be the true characterization of Harley Quinn. It fits the original vision of the character from the DCAU much more than the Suicide Squad Harley. And I also prefer this version. I really don't like the idea of Harley being in the Suicide Squad anyways.

I find it honorable as a Harley fan that one of my favorite characters is viewed so highly and is getting so much love she deserves in recent years though I don't like the idea of her being in Suicide Squad. I like the idea of Harley running around having her own adventures or teaming up with Joker or Ivy or someone else kinda like the Dodson books. Her being part Suicide Squad just really doesn't seem to fit the character. I am happy that DC is realizing that the character is popular and the fact that due to her Suicide Squad association we're getting a movie Harley though I can't help, but resent the idea of her being the Squad.

I also associate the Squad Harley as the beginning of very terrible visuals for Harley in comics. I hate that costume so much.

Sorry I was rambling. The Harley in the ongoing is much more like THE Harley than the Suicide Squad incarnation.

2Darkdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to know someone thinks the same as me.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Solo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ss Harley

All bow to the Queen

No Caption Provided

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By CrazyScarecrow
    2Darkdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.