Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Which do you prefer Batman R.I.P or Sinestro Corps war?

• 61 results
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By John Valentine

For me Sinestro Corps war is better... so far.

Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Billy

Well i dunno, Light wars will definately BE better but right now R.I.P is for me.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By speedlgt

no one knows whats going on in RIP so how are we to know whats better

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John Valentine
    speedlgt said:
    "no one knows whats going on in RIP so how are we to know whats better"
    So far.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By speedlgt

right now the corps war is better just cause it really kicked but I dont know batman could end up better

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Batman RIP

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Platinumwarrior

Sinestro corps war was nice but Batman R.I.P is better for me

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I enjoyed the Corps War the whole way through, as individual issues and as a complete story. With RIP though, I don't think I'll really be able to say anything about it until the end when all the pieces are in place and I can see everything. As it is now, reading an issue is like walking through an M. C. Escher drawing, but I feel like it will come together in the end and I might appreciate it better at that point.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel
    "Batty"
    Agreed, if Batman RIP manages to tie up properly than it could be great. As it is, it's all a bit confusing. I liked the alien Zur-en-arrh Batman subconsious personality idea and seeing Batman running around crazy. Corps War was fantastic though, it's a high standard to reach.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
    The Sinestro Corps War was much better than Batman RIP in my own opinion... 
    Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xeron

I enjoyed both quite a lot, Sinestro corps had the action, R.I.P has the psychology aspect. I wanna see if the writers give R.I.P a good ending first.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By John Valentine
    Xeron said:
    "I enjoyed both quite a lot, Sinestro corps had the action, R.I.P has the psychology aspect. I wanna see if the writers give R.I.P a good ending first."
    Agreed.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Nighthunter
    speedlgt said:
    "no one knows whats going on in RIP so how are we to know whats better"
    I do, it ain't that hard to figure it out if you pay atention to the story and the build up for it

Batman is now more "broken" than he ever was, yet as the Batman of Zue-en-arrh he is more dangerous than ever before
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nighthunter

oh and so far Sinestro Corps war has been better

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NightFang3
    Sinestro corps war was good but Batman R.I.P is better.
    Avatar image for twilightthunder
    TwilightThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#16  Edited By TwilightThunder
    NightFang said:
    "Sinestro corps war was good but Batman R.I.P is better.
    "
    Agreed. Even though Sinestro Corps War has been the greatest "push" For the Lantern Corps, Batman on-going series have always been amazing.
    cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cpt_linger

The Life of Alfred Pennyworth

1:1 - Childhood

A young chubby boy, Alfred Pennyworth was born and grew up in a small town about 13.295 miles north south south east of Liverpool, England. He suffered many difficulties growing up, including being overweight, he had a drunk of a father who would often beat on his mother, who occasionally enjoyed cross-dressing as a male and intimidating military troops. Hating his father, young Alfred often turned to his mother for guidance and leadership, which is why at such a young age he was influenced to join the army. Having seen so many young troops in and out of their small 1/2 bedroom house, it was programmed in Alfred's mind that the military makes his mother happy.

1:2 - Teen Years

At 18 Alfred had joined the British reserves, however having joined in 1945, he wasn't really reserved and sent straight into the German front. After spending months in the trenches and enduring weeks without good food or clean filtered tap water and having witnessed the suicides of fellow soldiers, Alfred decided to create a boardgame called Monopoly. They based the "Monopoly Guy" character off moments when Alfred's comrads would get on the "green" and dress Alfred in a monicle and top had. After 3 years of service and 2 Medal of Honours, Alfred climbed up the ranks quicky and found himself in working for British Intelligence by 1949.

1:3 - The Glory Days

After serving 30 years in British Intelligence 1969 had fell upon him, he had aged yed wisdom had grown upon him and he was one of the most respected members of British Intelligence. Years serving 00 agents with their gadgetry and weapons under the Alias "Q". He soon found himself being forced from behind his desk and back out into the battlefeid serving in the Vietnam war. He found himself serving as a Feild Marshal for the entire British Militia. Having rescued several comrads of multiple nations he was awarded another medal of honour for his 2 years service in the Vietnam war.

2:1 - A New Life

During the Vietnam war, Alfred had made connections with agents and governing bodies of the American Government was suaded to open office in Washington D.C. The year is now 1984 and Alfred Pennyworth is reprenting British Intelligence working out of Pentagon. His wife of 11 years, Le Nyugen and 2 sons Jackie and Chan lived with him in his large $300,000US home (1984) driving a Escalade to work. Alfred was later again called to served in the Gulf War. His connections with the American government allowed the real reason for Iraq's invasion was not only for the oil, but a secret mystical Prophecy of the chosen one's guardian.

2:2 - The Prophecy

Legend tells that the ancient scroll can only be opened and read by the chosen one chosen to guard the chosen one. It also tells that the chosen one's name will be symbolized through the gain of wealth from oil after Iraq's Invasion... Wayne. in 1985Iraq was invaded, a scroll was obtained and Trillions of dollars worth of oil was reaped from the ground, the man to profit was Dr. Thomas Wayne and from this profit was able to establish Wayne Enterprise. The scroll was obtained by Alfred and it turns out he is the chosen one to guard the chosen one because he opened the scroll and read it.

3:3 - Forfilling the Prophecy

It was then decided by the World Governing Order (Secret Underground Government Agency that really knows whats going on) that Alfred would be apointed as the butler for Wayne Manor, as it was clear their only child Bruce was the chosen one chosen to protect Gotham, which is where Alfred now lives... in Wanye Manor.

4:1 - The Legend Begins

25 Years had passed and young Bruce Wayne had now become a man. Alfred's mission had become a success as Bruce became Batman and succesfully protected Gotham from all the bad guys.

I got tired if anyone wants to ad anything feel free...

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NightFang3
    cpt_linger said:
    "The Life of Alfred Pennyworth

1:1 - Childhood

A young chubby boy, Alfred Pennyworth was born and grew up in a small town about 13.295 miles north south south east of Liverpool, England. He suffered many difficulties growing up, including being overweight, he had a drunk of a father who would often beat on his mother, who occasionally enjoyed cross-dressing as a male and intimidating military troops. Hating his father, young Alfred often turned to his mother for guidance and leadership, which is why at such a young age he was influenced to join the army. Having seen so many young troops in and out of their small 1/2 bedroom house, it was programmed in Alfred's mind that the military makes his mother happy.

1:2 - Teen Years

At 18 Alfred had joined the British reserves, however having joined in 1945, he wasn't really reserved and sent straight into the German front. After spending months in the trenches and enduring weeks without good food or clean filtered tap water and having witnessed the suicides of fellow soldiers, Alfred decided to create a boardgame called Monopoly. They based the "Monopoly Guy" character off moments when Alfred's comrads would get on the "green" and dress Alfred in a monicle and top had. After 3 years of service and 2 Medal of Honours, Alfred climbed up the ranks quicky and found himself in working for British Intelligence by 1949.

1:3 - The Glory Days

After serving 30 years in British Intelligence 1969 had fell upon him, he had aged yed wisdom had grown upon him and he was one of the most respected members of British Intelligence. Years serving 00 agents with their gadgetry and weapons under the Alias "Q". He soon found himself being forced from behind his desk and back out into the battlefeid serving in the Vietnam war. He found himself serving as a Feild Marshal for the entire British Militia. Having rescued several comrads of multiple nations he was awarded another medal of honour for his 2 years service in the Vietnam war.

2:1 - A New Life

During the Vietnam war, Alfred had made connections with agents and governing bodies of the American Government was suaded to open office in Washington D.C. The year is now 1984 and Alfred Pennyworth is reprenting British Intelligence working out of Pentagon. His wife of 11 years, Le Nyugen and 2 sons Jackie and Chan lived with him in his large $300,000US home (1984) driving a Escalade to work. Alfred was later again called to served in the Gulf War. His connections with the American government allowed the real reason for Iraq's invasion was not only for the oil, but a secret mystical Prophecy of the chosen one's guardian.

2:2 - The Prophecy

Legend tells that the ancient scroll can only be opened and read by the chosen one chosen to guard the chosen one. It also tells that the chosen one's name will be symbolized through the gain of wealth from oil after Iraq's Invasion... Wayne. in 1985Iraq was invaded, a scroll was obtained and Trillions of dollars worth of oil was reaped from the ground, the man to profit was Dr. Thomas Wayne and from this profit was able to establish Wayne Enterprise. The scroll was obtained by Alfred and it turns out he is the chosen one to guard the chosen one because he opened the scroll and read it.

3:3 - Forfilling the Prophecy

It was then decided by the World Governing Order (Secret Underground Government Agency that really knows whats going on) that Alfred would be apointed as the butler for Wayne Manor, as it was clear their only child Bruce was the chosen one chosen to protect Gotham, which is where Alfred now lives... in Wanye Manor.

4:1 - The Legend Begins

25 Years had passed and young Bruce Wayne had now become a man. Alfred's mission had become a success as Bruce became Batman and succesfully protected Gotham from all the bad guys.

I got tired if anyone wants to ad anything feel free..."
                 WOW. I didn't know that.
    T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By T.J. Magnum

even thought im a batman fanatic lol

haven't read RIP yet

so i'll say sinestro corps war for now

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Methos

the Corps War was far superior to anything R.I.P has brought out so far...

RIP might bring out all the stops at the end and show me wrong, but from what i've read so far i haven't seen anything that could knock Corps War off the top spot

M

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

RIP is hilarious/awesome if you read the Zur En Arrh Batman issue from the 50s. It brings a lot of new light to the story arc.

However, SCW was by far one of the best story arcs from the DCU in years. Comparing the two is almost unfair.

GL sales went up ten fold in our company when SCW was happening.

Batman sales have remained steady while RIP is happening.

True, more sales does not mean better story. However, SCW brought in so many new readers to the book, it reached a mass market. And for a space book, that's a big deal. The cosmic stuff never sells as well as Earth based books. Case in point, Annihilation. Great story, no one cared.

SCW sold more and set up for at least two more big story arcs. RIP looks like it will just stand on it's own, which isn't a bad thing.

Starkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Starkiller

Corps War was one of the best Story Arcs in recent memory....Batman R.I.P. is surprisingly good right now though and entertaining..it's only had like one bad showing (Batman #679)..but yeah, SCW was better

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Actually I like Batman more than any GL but I think i'm gonna go with the Corps War.R.I.P hasn't really excited me yet.

ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ahumancartoon

The Corps War by far and can't wait for blackest night. R.I.P. is shaping up to be one big publicity stunt.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By John Valentine
    ahumancartoon said:
    "The Corps War by far and can't wait for blackest night. R.I.P. is shaping up to be one big publicity stunt."
    It's still a good story. I think that RIP is more thrilling but Corps War is possibly more epic.
    Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Iron Maiden

Sinestro Corps War all the way.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John Valentine

Bump!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sinestro Corps War.Much more hardcore.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By King_Saturn
    Sinestro Corps War has Batman RIP on Lock  !
    Avatar image for the_emerald_knight
    The Emerald Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of RIP.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    The Emerald Knight said:
    "Never heard of RIP."
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nighthunter

Sinestro Corps war

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
    Vance Astro said:
    "The Emerald Knight said:
    "Never heard of RIP."
    ................."
    Ha Ha Ha  !

That Dude Had To Be Joking
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By John Valentine
    King Saturn said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Never heard of RIP."
    ................."
    Ha Ha Ha  !

That Dude Had To Be Joking
    "

We hope :P.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
    LOL ^^
    The Emerald Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not joking. I know Batman, I just don't get his comics. Only DC comics I get are Green Lantern ones (duh).

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
    Mhmmmm....
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By John Valentine
    The Emerald Knight said:
    "Not joking. I know Batman, I just don't get his comics. Only DC comics I get are Green Lantern ones (duh)."

Fair enough, but it's a pretty major event.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#39  Edited By No_Name_
    The Emerald Knight said:
    "Not joking. I know Batman, I just don't get his comics. Only DC comics I get are Green Lantern ones (duh)."
    Are you serious? What's not to get about Batman RIP?
    Batman Rest In Peace
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AtPhantom

I think R.I.P. was good, but sinestro corps was better.

The Emerald Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatgirlBabs said:
    Are you serious? What's not to get about Batman RIP?
    Batman Rest In Peace
    "

Well, yea. I knew what RIP meant, but its just that batman comics don't really get my intention. If it becomes that great I might get it for TPB, but when it comes to Batman Comics and the normal comics I get, I'd rather get the ones I know would keep me interested.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By No_Name_

Thats too bad I guess.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By John Valentine
    The Emerald Knight said:
    "I'd rather get the ones I know would keep me interested."

Morrison's Batman will most definately keep you interested.
    Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By Platinumwarrior

RIP for me

It did work me up alot to see the big mastermind in the final issue instead of the ones after that but I just like how awesome Morrison makes Batman look and how dark the style of writing is.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By No_Name_
    John Valentine said:

Morrison's Batman will most definately keep you interested."
    I love Jeph Loeb's Long Halloween. 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By John Valentine
    BatgirlBabs said:
    "John Valentine said:

Morrison's Batman will most definately keep you interested."
    I love Jeph Loeb's Long Halloween. "
    I prefered Dark Victory :P.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By No_Name_

Both were amazing. And I personally think that Tim Sale does an incredible job of capturing Batman visually.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By John Valentine
    BatgirlBabs said:
    "Both were amazing. And I personally think that Tim Sale does an incredible job of capturing Batman visually."

Oh, I loved Tim Sale's art, especially his Joker.
    Long Halloween and Dark Victory are my favorite Batman tales.
    lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lionheart

Sinestro Corps

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By No_Name_
    John Valentine said:
    "BatgirlBabs said:
    "Both were amazing. And I personally think that Tim Sale does an incredible job of capturing Batman visually."

Oh, I loved Tim Sale's art, especially his Joker.
    Long Halloween and Dark Victory are my favorite Batman tales."
    I can't deny my love of HUSH though. After Jim Lee, Sale is my fav artist. His DC ladies are GORGEOUS. And his Batman makes me swoon. LMAO
    But seriously, Jeph Loeb is a fantastic writer and I have to say that his stories are some of my favorites as well. Im sorry that Chuck Dixon left DC, because I always thought him equally as good. Not as dark, but good nonetheless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.