Which do you prefer Batman R.I.P or Sinestro Corps war?

  • 61 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

For me Sinestro Corps war is better... so far.

#2 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i dunno, Light wars will definately BE better but right now R.I.P is for me.

#3 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

no one knows whats going on in RIP so how are we to know whats better

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"no one knows whats going on in RIP so how are we to know whats better"
So far.
#5 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

right now the corps war is better just cause it really kicked but I dont know batman could end up better

#6 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman RIP

#7 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro corps war was nice but Batman R.I.P is better for me

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the Corps War the whole way through, as individual issues and as a complete story. With RIP though, I don't think I'll really be able to say anything about it until the end when all the pieces are in place and I can see everything. As it is now, reading an issue is like walking through an M. C. Escher drawing, but I feel like it will come together in the end and I might appreciate it better at that point.

Moderator
#9 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio
"Batty"
Agreed, if Batman RIP manages to tie up properly than it could be great. As it is, it's all a bit confusing. I liked the alien Zur-en-arrh Batman subconsious personality idea and seeing Batman running around crazy. Corps War was fantastic though, it's a high standard to reach.
#10 Posted by King Saturn (224821 posts) - - Show Bio
The Sinestro Corps War was much better than Batman RIP in my own opinion... 
Online
#11 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed both quite a lot, Sinestro corps had the action, R.I.P has the psychology aspect. I wanna see if the writers give R.I.P a good ending first.

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Xeron said:
"I enjoyed both quite a lot, Sinestro corps had the action, R.I.P has the psychology aspect. I wanna see if the writers give R.I.P a good ending first."
Agreed.
#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"no one knows whats going on in RIP so how are we to know whats better"
I do, it ain't that hard to figure it out if you pay atention to the story and the build up for it

Batman is now more "broken" than he ever was, yet as the Batman of Zue-en-arrh he is more dangerous than ever before
#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

oh and so far Sinestro Corps war has been better

#15 Posted by NightFang (10198 posts) - - Show Bio
Sinestro corps war was good but Batman R.I.P is better.
#16 Edited by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"Sinestro corps war was good but Batman R.I.P is better.
"
Agreed. Even though Sinestro Corps War has been the greatest "push" For the Lantern Corps, Batman on-going series have always been amazing.
#17 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

The Life of Alfred Pennyworth

1:1 - Childhood

A young chubby boy, Alfred Pennyworth was born and grew up in a small town about 13.295 miles north south south east of Liverpool, England. He suffered many difficulties growing up, including being overweight, he had a drunk of a father who would often beat on his mother, who occasionally enjoyed cross-dressing as a male and intimidating military troops. Hating his father, young Alfred often turned to his mother for guidance and leadership, which is why at such a young age he was influenced to join the army. Having seen so many young troops in and out of their small 1/2 bedroom house, it was programmed in Alfred's mind that the military makes his mother happy.

1:2 - Teen Years

At 18 Alfred had joined the British reserves, however having joined in 1945, he wasn't really reserved and sent straight into the German front. After spending months in the trenches and enduring weeks without good food or clean filtered tap water and having witnessed the suicides of fellow soldiers, Alfred decided to create a boardgame called Monopoly. They based the "Monopoly Guy" character off moments when Alfred's comrads would get on the "green" and dress Alfred in a monicle and top had. After 3 years of service and 2 Medal of Honours, Alfred climbed up the ranks quicky and found himself in working for British Intelligence by 1949.

1:3 - The Glory Days

After serving 30 years in British Intelligence 1969 had fell upon him, he had aged yed wisdom had grown upon him and he was one of the most respected members of British Intelligence. Years serving 00 agents with their gadgetry and weapons under the Alias "Q". He soon found himself being forced from behind his desk and back out into the battlefeid serving in the Vietnam war. He found himself serving as a Feild Marshal for the entire British Militia. Having rescued several comrads of multiple nations he was awarded another medal of honour for his 2 years service in the Vietnam war.

2:1 - A New Life

During the Vietnam war, Alfred had made connections with agents and governing bodies of the American Government was suaded to open office in Washington D.C. The year is now 1984 and Alfred Pennyworth is reprenting British Intelligence working out of Pentagon. His wife of 11 years, Le Nyugen and 2 sons Jackie and Chan lived with him in his large $300,000US home (1984) driving a Escalade to work. Alfred was later again called to served in the Gulf War. His connections with the American government allowed the real reason for Iraq's invasion was not only for the oil, but a secret mystical Prophecy of the chosen one's guardian.

2:2 - The Prophecy

Legend tells that the ancient scroll can only be opened and read by the chosen one chosen to guard the chosen one. It also tells that the chosen one's name will be symbolized through the gain of wealth from oil after Iraq's Invasion... Wayne. in 1985Iraq was invaded, a scroll was obtained and Trillions of dollars worth of oil was reaped from the ground, the man to profit was Dr. Thomas Wayne and from this profit was able to establish Wayne Enterprise. The scroll was obtained by Alfred and it turns out he is the chosen one to guard the chosen one because he opened the scroll and read it.

3:3 - Forfilling the Prophecy

It was then decided by the World Governing Order (Secret Underground Government Agency that really knows whats going on) that Alfred would be apointed as the butler for Wayne Manor, as it was clear their only child Bruce was the chosen one chosen to protect Gotham, which is where Alfred now lives... in Wanye Manor.

4:1 - The Legend Begins

25 Years had passed and young Bruce Wayne had now become a man. Alfred's mission had become a success as Bruce became Batman and succesfully protected Gotham from all the bad guys.

I got tired if anyone wants to ad anything feel free...

#18 Posted by NightFang (10198 posts) - - Show Bio
cpt_linger said:
"The Life of Alfred Pennyworth

1:1 - Childhood

A young chubby boy, Alfred Pennyworth was born and grew up in a small town about 13.295 miles north south south east of Liverpool, England. He suffered many difficulties growing up, including being overweight, he had a drunk of a father who would often beat on his mother, who occasionally enjoyed cross-dressing as a male and intimidating military troops. Hating his father, young Alfred often turned to his mother for guidance and leadership, which is why at such a young age he was influenced to join the army. Having seen so many young troops in and out of their small 1/2 bedroom house, it was programmed in Alfred's mind that the military makes his mother happy.

1:2 - Teen Years

At 18 Alfred had joined the British reserves, however having joined in 1945, he wasn't really reserved and sent straight into the German front. After spending months in the trenches and enduring weeks without good food or clean filtered tap water and having witnessed the suicides of fellow soldiers, Alfred decided to create a boardgame called Monopoly. They based the "Monopoly Guy" character off moments when Alfred's comrads would get on the "green" and dress Alfred in a monicle and top had. After 3 years of service and 2 Medal of Honours, Alfred climbed up the ranks quicky and found himself in working for British Intelligence by 1949.

1:3 - The Glory Days

After serving 30 years in British Intelligence 1969 had fell upon him, he had aged yed wisdom had grown upon him and he was one of the most respected members of British Intelligence. Years serving 00 agents with their gadgetry and weapons under the Alias "Q". He soon found himself being forced from behind his desk and back out into the battlefeid serving in the Vietnam war. He found himself serving as a Feild Marshal for the entire British Militia. Having rescued several comrads of multiple nations he was awarded another medal of honour for his 2 years service in the Vietnam war.

2:1 - A New Life

During the Vietnam war, Alfred had made connections with agents and governing bodies of the American Government was suaded to open office in Washington D.C. The year is now 1984 and Alfred Pennyworth is reprenting British Intelligence working out of Pentagon. His wife of 11 years, Le Nyugen and 2 sons Jackie and Chan lived with him in his large $300,000US home (1984) driving a Escalade to work. Alfred was later again called to served in the Gulf War. His connections with the American government allowed the real reason for Iraq's invasion was not only for the oil, but a secret mystical Prophecy of the chosen one's guardian.

2:2 - The Prophecy

Legend tells that the ancient scroll can only be opened and read by the chosen one chosen to guard the chosen one. It also tells that the chosen one's name will be symbolized through the gain of wealth from oil after Iraq's Invasion... Wayne. in 1985Iraq was invaded, a scroll was obtained and Trillions of dollars worth of oil was reaped from the ground, the man to profit was Dr. Thomas Wayne and from this profit was able to establish Wayne Enterprise. The scroll was obtained by Alfred and it turns out he is the chosen one to guard the chosen one because he opened the scroll and read it.

3:3 - Forfilling the Prophecy

It was then decided by the World Governing Order (Secret Underground Government Agency that really knows whats going on) that Alfred would be apointed as the butler for Wayne Manor, as it was clear their only child Bruce was the chosen one chosen to protect Gotham, which is where Alfred now lives... in Wanye Manor.

4:1 - The Legend Begins

25 Years had passed and young Bruce Wayne had now become a man. Alfred's mission had become a success as Bruce became Batman and succesfully protected Gotham from all the bad guys.

I got tired if anyone wants to ad anything feel free..."
             WOW. I didn't know that.
#19 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

even thought im a batman fanatic lol

haven't read RIP yet

so i'll say sinestro corps war for now

#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

the Corps War was far superior to anything R.I.P has brought out so far...

RIP might bring out all the stops at the end and show me wrong, but from what i've read so far i haven't seen anything that could knock Corps War off the top spot

M

#21 Posted by inferiorego (27837 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP is hilarious/awesome if you read the Zur En Arrh Batman issue from the 50s. It brings a lot of new light to the story arc.

However, SCW was by far one of the best story arcs from the DCU in years. Comparing the two is almost unfair.

GL sales went up ten fold in our company when SCW was happening.

Batman sales have remained steady while RIP is happening.

True, more sales does not mean better story. However, SCW brought in so many new readers to the book, it reached a mass market. And for a space book, that's a big deal. The cosmic stuff never sells as well as Earth based books. Case in point, Annihilation. Great story, no one cared.


SCW sold more and set up for at least two more big story arcs. RIP looks like it will just stand on it's own, which isn't a bad thing.

Staff
#22 Edited by Starkiller (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

Corps War was one of the best Story Arcs in recent memory....Batman R.I.P. is surprisingly good right now though and entertaining..it's only had like one bad showing (Batman #679)..but yeah, SCW was better

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I like Batman more than any GL but I think i'm gonna go with the Corps War.R.I.P hasn't really excited me yet.

Moderator
#24 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

The Corps War by far and can't wait for blackest night. R.I.P. is shaping up to be one big publicity stunt.

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
ahumancartoon said:
"The Corps War by far and can't wait for blackest night. R.I.P. is shaping up to be one big publicity stunt."
It's still a good story. I think that RIP is more thrilling but Corps War is possibly more epic.
#26 Posted by Iron Maiden (364 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro Corps War all the way.

#27 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro Corps War.Much more hardcore.

Moderator
#29 Posted by King Saturn (224821 posts) - - Show Bio
Sinestro Corps War has Batman RIP on Lock  !
Online
#30 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Never heard of RIP.

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"Never heard of RIP."
.................
Moderator
#32 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro Corps war

#33 Posted by King Saturn (224821 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"The Emerald Knight said:
"Never heard of RIP."
................."
Ha Ha Ha  !

That Dude Had To Be Joking
Online
#34 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
"The Emerald Knight said:
"Never heard of RIP."
................."
Ha Ha Ha  !

That Dude Had To Be Joking
"

We hope :P.
#35 Posted by King Saturn (224821 posts) - - Show Bio
LOL ^^
Online
#36 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Not joking. I know Batman, I just don't get his comics. Only DC comics I get are Green Lantern ones (duh).

#37 Posted by King Saturn (224821 posts) - - Show Bio
Mhmmmm....
Online
#38 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"Not joking. I know Batman, I just don't get his comics. Only DC comics I get are Green Lantern ones (duh)."

Fair enough, but it's a pretty major event.
#39 Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"Not joking. I know Batman, I just don't get his comics. Only DC comics I get are Green Lantern ones (duh)."
Are you serious? What's not to get about Batman RIP?
Batman Rest In Peace
#40 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I think R.I.P. was good, but sinestro corps was better.

#41 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"The Emerald Knight said:
"Not joking. I know Batman, I just don't get his comics. Only DC comics I get are Green Lantern ones (duh)."
Are you serious? What's not to get about Batman RIP?
Batman Rest In Peace
"

Well, yea. I knew what RIP meant, but its just that batman comics don't really get my intention. If it becomes that great I might get it for TPB, but when it comes to Batman Comics and the normal comics I get, I'd rather get the ones I know would keep me interested.
#42 Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats too bad I guess.

#43 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"I'd rather get the ones I know would keep me interested."

Morrison's Batman will most definately keep you interested.
#44 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP for me

It did work me up alot to see the big mastermind in the final issue instead of the ones after that but I just like how awesome Morrison makes Batman look and how dark the style of writing is.

#45 Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"The Emerald Knight said:
"I'd rather get the ones I know would keep me interested."

Morrison's Batman will most definately keep you interested."
I love Jeph Loeb's Long Halloween. 
#46 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"John Valentine said:
"The Emerald Knight said:
"I'd rather get the ones I know would keep me interested."

Morrison's Batman will most definately keep you interested."
I love Jeph Loeb's Long Halloween. "
I prefered Dark Victory :P.
#47 Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were amazing. And I personally think that Tim Sale does an incredible job of capturing Batman visually.

#48 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"Both were amazing. And I personally think that Tim Sale does an incredible job of capturing Batman visually."

Oh, I loved Tim Sale's art, especially his Joker.
Long Halloween and Dark Victory are my favorite Batman tales.
#49 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro Corps

#50 Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"BatgirlBabs said:
"Both were amazing. And I personally think that Tim Sale does an incredible job of capturing Batman visually."

Oh, I loved Tim Sale's art, especially his Joker.
Long Halloween and Dark Victory are my favorite Batman tales."
I can't deny my love of HUSH though. After Jim Lee, Sale is my fav artist. His DC ladies are GORGEOUS. And his Batman makes me swoon. LMAO
But seriously, Jeph Loeb is a fantastic writer and I have to say that his stories are some of my favorites as well. Im sorry that Chuck Dixon left DC, because I always thought him equally as good. Not as dark, but good nonetheless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.