Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Which characters are more exciting in New 52?

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello,

I am asking for all positive feedback here. No negatives desired. I am looking to hear people's feedback on which characters are exciting because of new 52 and what about the change has enhanced the character. Seeking to hear that perspective. Not looking to debate.

Go ahead please...

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally had no feelings toward Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, or Aquaman before the reboot, but now they're among my favorites.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes them exciting now?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Probably an obvious answer: but I say Vibe. I very much enjoy his new series. Unfortunately, its pretty low sales probably predicts iminent cancellation.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5  Edited By fables87

Wonder Woman, Batwoman, and Aquaman are the three I'm reading currently. Wonder Woman is the best though due to the fact it's an actually "reboot" unlike the other two were you need to read other stuff to get it fully.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's always Batman. But Green Arrow, Aquaman and Jason Todd (Red Hood) are definitely very good in the New 52.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, guys. I really wanted supporting reasons as to why the characters seem more exciting New 52 as opposed to pre-52.

Could some share supporting points. Again, this is not to knock anyone down. Just trying to understand the boost that came from 52.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aquaman,The Flash,and Kyle Rayner

Aquaman:Loved the whole new take on the character and jhons discussing the infamous jokes about him in the first issue.

Flash:Barry Allen I don't know I just like him more than wally

Kyle Rayner:A white Lantern God damn it.The Entire Emotional spectrum how can you not be impressed and his team is awesome

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Jason, Sinestro, Damian(deceased), Barry.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colonyofcells

New 52 Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Captain Atom seem better. Aquaman needs more work or reboots.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I find all the New 52 characters even more exciting than their pre-Flashpoint versions.

I think DC has decided that it's time for maturing.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@supbatz said:

Probably an obvious answer: but I say Vibe. I very much enjoy his new series. Unfortunately, its pretty low sales probably predicts iminent cancellation.

I don't know, personally, I was more excited about Vibe when he was dead and no where to be seen.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SupBatz

@rich711 said:

@supbatz said:

I don't know, personally, I was more excited about Vibe when he was dead and no where to be seen.

I have absolutely no experience with him pre-Flashpoint so I can't really speak of that. But his series has been consistently interestig and he makes a pretty decent character in my book.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rich711
    Did I mention I'm Latino?
    Did I mention I'm Latino?

@supbatz: Can't say I agree. I find his solo book boring and unoriginal and he has been an annoying addition to JSA.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Wildstorm, Grifter seems better but the alien villains were really boring. From Vertigo, Swamp Thing is also ok and should be the leader of a Vertigo team.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kidchipotle

@supbatz said:

Agreed. Pre-52, I couldn't give a care for him. Now I'm quite fond of him because I gave him a try.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sinestro_GL

Sinestro.

gregroyj42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jason Todd- they examined his past and shed light on some of the issues making him vengeful.

Sinestro- They brought him back to the original concept, do good, protect, but how he does it is in the gray.

all of the Earth-2 cast. Hadn't read any of those characters minus Solomon Grundy but they have made it fast paced, fun, and deep.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SupBatz

@rich711: It's not the best book in the world but I wouldn't call it boring. Nor would I call his role in the JLA pointless. He serves the purpose of being the down-to-earth human kid voice among all of the big, iconic heroes. While that's not the most original role in the world, it does have a purpose in a book like JLA. To each his own though. Judging from Vibe's sales you are certainly not the only person who's found him boring so I'm the minority here from what is seems. But I stand my ground regardless.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: It takes a lot of guts to admit you are one of the very few Vibe fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.